Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Looks Good. HS is better than the first, but still not great.

you need to get your eyes checked....this hs looks nothing like CH.....more like Josh Holloway/Karl Urban.....wow....go back to the drawing board on this one Hot Toys...>Can you say....RUSHED....

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

karl_urban_eomer.jpg

lol....didn't see this before my post but you nailed it KD.....looks nothing like CH but just like Karl Urban...

Don't like it at all....easy pass....the head sculpt from first one is a lot better...will stick with my first Hot toys Thor which is a very under rated piece. Missed opportunity from HT.

I feel like both Thor and cap are suffering from being too pale.

I think the V1 Thor does have the better face, but this Thor has the the better everything else, damn you hot toys, now I have to buy 2 figure to get the ultimate Thor figure

?...The main problem is the eyes and the eyebrow. I made a comparison pic of real life Chris. This might be the reference photo as well for the Hot Toys sculpt.

I added the 1st Thor HS as well for full comparison

Thor.jpg

This is spot on! Excellent comparison. :clap
Forehead too high, brows too pronounced, eyes too small and too sunken, nose too straight, nostrils not arched enough, the point of his jaw is too low, chin too broad._

In short it's just all horribly wrong. Please, please HT get this sorted before release!

And sleeveless look too.

Initially I thought the HS looked really bad. But after seeing the HS next to the real thing I think it's pretty good. Maybe the forehead is too high. It's a damn sight better than the first version.

After seeing the movie, I'd prefer the sleeveless look. I wonder if the chainmail sleeves can be easily removed.

SRP: HKD1,280
POP: HKD1,230
VIP: HKD 1,150....

Same price as The Boss & Naked Snake @ToyHunter HK.... so going by that standard... SSC may charge USD215...

Last edited:
While the head sculpt is off, what makes me weary of this figure (and all hot toys figures with this feature), is whether or not the armored arms are rubber or some sort of cloth. They look like rubber, which possibly leads to deterioration. With Hot toys jacking prices higher and higher, you'd think they would resolve the issue.

While the head sculpt is off, what makes me weary of this figure (and all hot toys figures with this feature), is whether or not the armored arms are rubber or some sort of cloth. They look like rubber, which possibly leads to deterioration. With Hot toys jacking prices higher and higher, you'd think they would resolve the issue.

Pleather.... or PVC leather... like the first version

The sleeves looks more sculpted to me.
DOesn't look like the same material than the first version at all.

Pretty sure it is rubber unfortunately.

I was wondering about the HS. It doesn't look great on the pics where his head is tilted down. Indeed reminds of Dicaprio.

But it's good when looking straight in front of him. Then, it has less shadows under his eyes and it looks more like Hemsworth to me. Lighting during the photoshoot could be deceiving. I think it'll be even better in person with natural light.

536091_10150723130412344_58690437343_9615417_2029396437_n.jpg

Only nitpick would be the cape being slightly too high above the shoulders for my taste but this should be an easy fix.

I've read so many posts in this thread complaining about the whole helmet issue

For those who have and those still waiting to comment on such issues, give it up!!!

See the movie, come back and then post

You should know by now that Hot Toys tend to tailor their figures and accessories to specific movie and scenes from within that movie

So if there is no helmet, that ain't their fault. This not a Thor re-release, this is Thor as represented in The Avengers

... or various other actors/characters as they appeared in different films depending on what you think of the HS

Only reason I'm picking this up is because I don't have the first one. The sculpt looks like Leonardo DiCaprio more than Chris Hemsworth to me.

The sleeves looks more sculpted to me.
DOesn't look like the same material than the first version at all.

Pretty sure it is rubber unfortunately.

Better patterns... or various sizes in different locations .... but just like the first...
Specs:
- One (1) dark blue-colored with red stripes garment and silver-colored patterned long sleeves

Back