Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

The figure is awesome, I like the bulk and the overall look but the sculpt looks nothing like Hemsworth. The first attempt did it better. This reminds me of the Superman 2 in 1 where it looked nothing like Routh but looked like and was a great Superman figure. This looks like Thor to me but nothing like the actor if that makes sense

Hmmm, body and costume is a improvement. This should be a $189 figure.

Why did you start a new thread????

Just the way things are done around here. When the official pics/specs come up, a new thread is created even if there is one already discussing said item. It helps others to immediately realize that the pics/specs have been released.

I noticed his hair color looks "shinny" gold/blonde. Looks cool and more realistic. better than the first one.

Yikes! That HS is appalling!
Spoiler Spoiler:
And only one HS, no laughing/smiling face? Considering how often he's laughing/smiling, that's a wasted opportunity.

On the other hand, outfit looks good and
Spoiler Spoiler:
but all in all, FAIL.

Pity, this is the first Avengers fig I've been disappointed by.

The outfit looks awesome! Absolutely great! A major improvement over the first one :clap :rock

The headsculpt... Well, I could always try and give him the headsculpt of the first Thor fig, because that is the superiour one IMO.
This just doesn't look like Hemsworth to me. I really, really hope they fix that headsculpt. :pray:

Hmmm, body and costume is a improvement. This should be a $189 figure.

I guarantee you this will be the same price point as Cap.

cap with no gun
thor with no helmet
its like cheese lovers with no cheese

I think this one is better than the first one, however marginally. Better expression, bigger muscles, ankle articulation. Dang it, how am I going to afford Hulk??? Grrr.....

Hair looks like Abigail whistler....long sculpted hair is weird

The outfit looks really nice and straight away i can see the difference between this and V1 so i've no problems getting thid and keeping the other

As for the HS, the hair looks nice, but then his hair is different in the avengers than it is in thor, longer and less kept

The HS is nice, i'll agree that the expression is a lit better, it's the nose that throws me off, Hemsworth has this kinda button nose thing going on, on tgis it looks very defined and almost pointy (?)

In fact it looks a bit like Karl Urban

But i love it anyway cuz i can tell it's Hemsworth anyways, there's always gonna be the slightest of details off as it is such a tiny thing to sculpt when you think about it

Anyone knows what time does the pre order starts on Friday? 11am? 2pm?

WTF no helmet I may just put the head from the first on this body very disapointed In the sculpt and lack of helmet

Arms look better, but that's about it. Underwhelming.

Just the way things are done around here. When the official pics/specs come up, a new thread is created even if there is one already discussing said item. It helps others to immediately realize that the pics/specs have been released.

Always happens when it's officially live.:wink1:

Sometimes I understand the people who get tired of the countless Hot Toys threads... Lol.

I'd been dying with the idea of HT making an Avengers version <3 this has seriously made my day and thank god i hadn't bought the Thor's movie version, though i still may buy it in the future. Now all I need is a new Black widow :panic:

I think it's the brow that's throwing the sculpt off. It's too pronounced or something. Fix that and they have a way better likeness on their hands.

I'm just glad this didn't blow the first figure away. Now I won't be tempted to get another Thor figure and can save up for the green beast.

Back