Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone come up with a fix for the paint rubbing off on the chainmail?

I was trying to think of something that could seal in the paint to the rubber, without it drying out? I bought a set of replacement sleeves, and I'm trying to come up with a solution before I put them on. The arms have actually gotten worse since these pictures. I tried a silver paint pen, and a silver sharpie...but they don't dry too well. Both ended up rubbing off eventually.

tpaintpeel003.jpg

tpaintpeel011.jpg

Has anyone come up with a fix for the paint rubbing off on the chainmail?

I was trying to think of something that could seal in the paint to the rubber, without it drying out? I bought a set of replacement sleeves, and I'm trying to come up with a solution before I put them on. The arms have actually gotten worse since these pictures. I tried a silver paint pen, and a silver sharpie...but they don't dry too well. Both ended up rubbing off eventually.

I have used Testors spray clear coat on boots to seal them after painting them a different color. It comes in a dull coat and a clear gloss coat. I suggest the gloss coat as that will keep the shine on the sleeves.

AFM

Broke down and bought this guy and Thor V1's helmet. So far he's just holding the helmet but eventually when I grow big enough ***** I'm gonna go ahead and try to carve down the V2 head to fit the helmet.

I have used Testors spray clear coat on boots to seal them after painting them a different color. It comes in a dull coat and a clear gloss coat. I suggest the gloss coat as that will keep the shine on the sleeves.

AFM

I'm gonna try that man. Appreciate the idea. I was worried about how it would affect the rubber, but after reading...I think it will all work great. I just put on the new sleeves, but I'll probably take them back off and coat them in a day or two.

Broke down and bought this guy and Thor V1's helmet. So far he's just holding the helmet but eventually when I grow big enough ***** I'm gonna go ahead and try to carve down the V2 head to fit the helmet.

I look forward to seeing that. I'll buy an extra head and try the mod if it works. Until then my V1 head/helmet set up will have to do.

Got the Thor I won from Sideshow today! I still can hardly believe it. I'm so glad I did, though, because the figure is so great. The original Thor I like in a lot of ways, still. I have him with his helmet on, for one thing. But overall this figure is far superior. I think the likeness is spot-on, personally, and the hair is really well done this. He looks bulkier, his armor feels more layered, and Mljonir looks better too.

So i noticed my Thor's knee's are a little loose, he can stand fine without the stand but they are not nearly as tight as my TTM21, DX11, DX12 or DX4. anything i can do to fix that? :dunno

So i noticed my Thor's knee's are a little loose, he can stand fine without the stand but they are not nearly as tight as my TTM21, DX11, DX12 or DX4. anything i can do to fix that? :dunno

Put a few drops of super glue in the loose joint and keep moving it for several minutes. This allows for the glue to dry and create more friction and will tighten up the joint. I've done this many times on loose joints. Just keep moving it and do not allow the joint to stay in any one position so it doesn't have a chance to freeze up.

AFM

Can anyone show me how this guy looks holding the first Thor's helmet?? And how close is it to fitting? Thanks

Back