Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here he is with the vest on and no elbow pads. Surprisingly the vest is very stretchable and fits the bigger body perfectly. Still not sure if I like the elbow joint being exposed, but love the articulation of a double jointed elbow. I'm still very conflicted. I haven't even attempted to put the sleeves on and probably won't. This is all just a test. Still like my custom Thor better. Enjoy the pics for those who are thinking about trying this out.

The only good sleeveless look is with a bane arm swap. The joints there just don't look smooth enough to go with the high detail on the rest of the figure.

Gotta agree that this sleeveless look is subpar. Too many joints take away from the overall look of the figure.

Side note - think I'm gonna call SS tomorrow and have them charge my last flexpay so I can get this one coming!

The fact that he's in a VERY similar outfit is probably the biggest hurdle. It's a bit hard to justify. Until I won one from Sideshow, he was dead last on my list to get... maybe... even though I really liked the figure overall.

The thing that is also surprising to me is This version of Thor blows version 1 away. The avengers cap I think looks better than version 1 cap but does not blow it away yet avengers cap sold out reasonably quick. I think they just make a lot of Thor avengers figures.

I like this look. It looks a lot better than the ones where people just put the sleeves on the too skinny version 1 Thor. Only thing is I don't like visible joints so with those arms I would go with the sleeves.

I agree and that was the reason I posted the pics so everyone could see for themselves. I might try putting the uniform on and Kaustic Hero body where the elbow joint is not so prominent. I'll post pics later.

I got my Thor today i'm digging him so far. not going to do any mods at the moment but i'm taking notes on what you guys have done.

I got my Thor today i'm digging him so far. not going to do any mods at the moment but i'm taking notes on what you guys have done.

That's awesome! I haven't even gotten a shipping notice for mine, weirdly.

Oh, LOL! Well that might explain it. Then maybe I'll get a surprise. I kind of wondered if they might just ship him with my Loki. In any case, I can certainly wait. :)

Back