Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alright because it kills me to see such a perfectly completed setup with a giraffe neck :lol
i was serious about selling it to me as whole :wink1:
from all creatures P2 is my most loved one, even more than a terminator.

neck length!!! :panic: you'll see this and won't unsee!

kevin-peter-hall-predator-2-1990-bpdmwp.jpg

2ih47c8.jpg

that's a wonderful paint, fits the brownish new body better than mine from SilentSurfer (wasn't supposed to fit the new body as there was none at the time) and i guess paint is sealed properly, while i just covered it with a gloss varnish, and it stayed soft and bit sticky. no wonder you needed that Willie head to finish the perfect view, just fix the neck! or sell me the whole setup and i'll do it myself :lol

by the way, check how his right shoulder guard can be made movable and poseable: it's simply replaced with one coming from Snake/Shadow:

004_zps6e827728.jpg~original

i'm sure you can do the same with your own armor piece by just adding a rubber strip.

===========

p.s. genzoalma, now compare the body paint and proportions on photos you've seen above to what you want to choose over it:

predator_2___hot_toys_by_predator_fan.jpg

don't you think it's not worth it? and remember that those old P2 heads you see are repainted. we choose them for having a superiour sculpt, but originally it's covered with ****** paint, because stock old head looks muuuuch worse, and it doesn't even match the body. you can find photos online.

Yes, after seeing the 2.0 body, it looks way more superior than the v1.0. Thanks for showing me this. I change my mind now :3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alright because it kills me to see such a perfectly completed setup with a giraffe neck :lol
i was serious about selling it to me as whole :wink1:
from all creatures P2 is my most loved one, even more than a terminator.

No way I am selling you my P2!!!! :rotfl Love it above all the creatures of God !!

Its sad we have to work so hard to get the perfect Predator. After the neck mod I will have the armor repainted to look more rusty.

I don't buy the whole neck shortening. The perspective on that picture is off. Personally I think the one you have P. looks very odd. To each their own.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Yes, after seeing the 2.0 body, it looks way more superior than the v1.0. Thanks for showing me this. I change my mind now :3
i'm really glad because, having all of them and knowing what should be done to get a better P2, i felt responsible to talk you out of buying that old one. that $100 or less difference between them doesn't justify it actually.
yes the new head has a worse headsculpt, but it's still better painted.
and once you buy a helmet and a cannon from tylerdurdem, it will be a perfect figure. and that's another advice - GET THEM, it's vitally important for the character.
check this post and the whole thread.

I don't buy the whole neck shortening. The perspective on that picture is off. Personally I think the one you have P. looks very odd. To each their own.
To each their own, exactly!
some people think that predators are cavemen samurai dancing around fire with codes and honors (jajuja fans), some think they have giraffe necks and mouths covered in suspicious brown substance (predator hater Tsang), some people simply don't know geometry and anatomy and don't measure where human actor eyes should be, and some explore original footage and backstory.

a set of pictures i made once for somebody (please excuse me for not remembering whose photo it was):

height_stock_01_zps87d5bad1.jpg~original
height_original_zps2ad9b9d4.jpg~original

height_stock_zps1940555f.jpg~original
height_neckmod_zpscb3e0b0c.jpg~original

height_neckmod_01_zps2b0d38f4.jpg~original

predator2-05.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
predator2bluray720px264s1.jpg
Predator2.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
Predator2_105-1.jpg

boar_010_zpsa5a6b4a2.jpg~original
05-resultfront_zpsf5f26ee5.jpg~original
001_zpscd0b3d92.jpg~original
gort_006_zpsa83170b9.jpg~original
newarmor_001.jpg~original
Untitled-1copy_zpsbeb525b9.jpg~original
009_zps571fe612.jpg~original
tracker_001_zpseeabea3b.jpg~original
lostborg_collar.jpg~original

and the best to show their real proportions (giant heads, short necks):

in short - predators have "short" necks, because, while their heads are much longer, including chin that is a lot lower than a human chin, the distance between eyes and shoulder line remains the same: human.

and even with shortening necks proper effect cannot be achieved, because HT predator heads are way too small, plus their shape makes it impossible to lower chins as much.
you may check Neca predators where Kyle Windrix understands the issue and not only makes short necks but also moves the head forward to achieve the best effect.

necapred2borg9a.jpg

HT predators cannot do it, they have their heads tilted too much back forever, because their necks are made in a wrong place from the beginning - too close to the center.

phew.
don't argue with me about predator necks :rotfl

No way I am selling you my P2!!!! :rotfl Love it above all the creatures of God !!
damnit. persuasion skill=0 :( :lol

Hello. I love the City Hunter just as much (if not more) as the next guy. But damnit, the more I see it, the more I wonder whether Tracker isn't HT's best Predator? Frickin' nailed it. Sure, nothing is ever going to be 100% accurate, but this one gets really close out of the box.

Hello. I love the City Hunter just as much (if not more) as the next guy. But damnit, the more I see it, the more I wonder whether Tracker isn't HT's best Predator? Frickin' nailed it. Sure, nothing is ever going to be 100% accurate, but this one gets really close out of the box.

I couldn't agree more!! Tracker is a beast.. although, longer and a bit thicker dreads would've been perfect.. also falconer is badass.. one thing I don't like is the length of the shins, they're too short compared to the movie screen..

i'm really glad because, having all of them and knowing what should be done to get a better P2, i felt responsible to talk you out of buying that old one. that $100 or less difference between them doesn't justify it actually.
yes the new head has a worse headsculpt, but it's still better painted.
and once you buy a helmet and a cannon from tylerdurdem, it will be a perfect figure. and that's another advice - GET THEM, it's vitally important for the character.
check this post and the whole thread.

To each their own, exactly!
some people think that predators are cavemen samurai dancing around fire with codes and honors (jajuja fans), some think they have giraffe necks and mouths covered in suspicious brown substance (predator hater Tsang), some people simply don't know geometry and anatomy and don't measure where human actor eyes should be, and some explore original footage and backstory.

a set of pictures i made once for somebody (please excuse me for not remembering whose photo it was):

height_original_zps2ad9b9d4.jpg~original

height_stock_zps1940555f.jpg~original
height_neckmod_zpscb3e0b0c.jpg~original

height_neckmod_01_zps2b0d38f4.jpg~original

predator2-05.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
predator2bluray720px264s1.jpg
Predator2.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
Predator2_105-1.jpg

boar_010_zpsa5a6b4a2.jpg~original
05-resultfront_zpsf5f26ee5.jpg~original
001_zpscd0b3d92.jpg~original
gort_006_zpsa83170b9.jpg~original
newarmor_001.jpg~original
Untitled-1copy_zpsbeb525b9.jpg~original
009_zps571fe612.jpg~original
tracker_001_zpseeabea3b.jpg~original
lostborg_collar.jpg~original

and the best to show their real proportions (giant heads, short necks):

in short - predators have "short" necks, because, while their heads are much longer, including chin that is a lot lower than a human chin, the distance between eyes and shoulder line remains the same: human.

and even with shortening necks proper effect cannot be achieved, because HT predator heads are way too small, plus their shape makes it impossible to lower chins as much.
you may check Neca predators where Kyle Windrix understands the issue and not only makes short necks but also moves the head forward to achieve the best effect.

necapred2borg9a.jpg

HT predators cannot do it, they have their heads tilted too much back forever, because their necks are made in a wrong place from the beginning - too close to the center.

phew.
don't argue with me about predator necks :rotfl

damnit. persuasion skill=0 :( [emoji38]

First off, and I mean this with the utmost respect, take a chill pill bro. You have a very well crafted argument for how they look on screen and I'm not debating that. But the end of your argument where you said and I quote, "don't argue with me about predator necks :rotfl" comes off arrogant and very dickish.

Second, as you stated because of Tsang's own interpretation (which I myself don't agree with) of the predator rather than a screen accurate recreation it's impossible to achieve the look that we see on screen. Only NECA has come close. That being said its my opinion that shaving off part of the neck is a failed attempt and only results in stumpy, horrible looking figures. As you said the heads aren't big enough and do t have the proper tilt. So the best thing to do is keep the stock proportions as they are in line with the figure and get everything else as close to screen accurate as possible.

First off, and I mean this with the utmost respect, take a chill pill bro. You have a very well crafted argument for how they look on screen and I'm not debating that. But the end of your argument where you said and I quote, "don't argue with me about predator necks :rotfl" comes off arrogant and very dickish.
but... but it was meant as a joke about myself, like some crazy person in a straight jacket behind bars, obsessed with the question of predator necks :dunno
you know, something between Nickolas Cage and Clamps robot from Futurama :(
Second, as you stated because of Tsang's own interpretation (which I myself don't agree with) of the predator rather than a screen accurate recreation it's impossible to achieve the look that we see on screen. Only NECA has come close. That being said its my opinion that shaving off part of the neck is a failed attempt and only results in stumpy, horrible looking figures. As you said the heads aren't big enough and do t have the proper tilt. So the best thing to do is keep the stock proportions as they are in line with the figure and get everything else as close to screen accurate as possible.
you love giraffes - it's absolutely ok, they are beautiful creatures :)
on predators it looks stupid and ugly. i collect predators, not ETIs. and all toy predators i posted above feature shortened necks, feel free to show which ones look worse than they did :dunno

9835768a6db883bcc0ee763481050b59.jpg

This is the closest I could get to the Boar
maybe some gloss over the skin?... like here:
Finally finished my BOAR Predator.
But being such a busy, lazy and depressed a$$ last months I'm still not able to make some good photos. Sorry!
Here is some lame photos instead:

Would like to make RAM next.

but... but it was meant as a joke about myself, like some crazy person in a straight jacket behind bars, obsessed with the question of predator necks :dunno
you know, something between Nickolas Cage and Clamps robot from Futurama :(
you love giraffes - it's absolutely ok, they are beautiful creatures :)
on predators it looks stupid and ugly. i collect predators, not ETIs. and all toy predators i posted above feature shortened necks, feel free to show which ones look worse than they did :dunno

maybe some gloss over the skin?... like here:

Umm.. he does have gloss..
ccbb3f8992221d63e83f08adb87a54c5.jpg
274d23d3bd85eaecc6b58494bf4cc897.jpg
583fa9f5655c64742c8e818e905b9314.jpg

And he ain't that glossy as the picture above..
799d2ee3ce9af0fc28ecfdab7658dfe7.jpg
b1eda7da94ddfb3220c479366c00e612.jpg

booo that movie shot has stumpy, horrible looking neck length.
yes i see the gloss now :) i guess bright skin tone cheated on my eyes.
wow i never noticed he had almost white nails, wondered why you did so but now i see. :clap

booo that movie shot has stumpy, horrible looking neck length.
yes i see the gloss now :) i guess bright skin tone cheated on my eyes.
wow i never noticed he had almost white nails, wondered why you did so but now i see. :clap
Whatever dude....You really need to chill out with the backhanded remarks. You aren't funny.

I never said the way the neck length in the movie looked bad. I said yours did because you yourself said it's impossible to recreate the proper look due to the neck being too centered and not tilted and how small the head is.

The ones you shortened look disproportionate, sorry but they do. You can scream giraffe neck all you want but at least the ones not tampered with are proportionate to the size of the figure it's on. It may not be 100% movie accurate when it comes to the neck/head but neither are yours. You even admitted to that.

:dunno you want giraffe necks and don't see what movie necks look, it's your right. it's even your right to speak junk and ignore pics, as you do.

:dunno you want giraffe necks and don't see what movie necks look, it's your right. it's even your right to speak junk and ignore pics, as you do.
Again knock off the the remarks. You are the only one speaking junk. You make absolutely zero sense at all....I didn't say there was anything wrong with the movie or that I didn't like the movie look. The movie looks great.

I said your attempt at recreating the movie look is a failure.

Again knock off the the remarks. You are the only one speaking junk. You make absolutely zero sense at all....I didn't say there was anything wrong with the movie or that I didn't like the movie look. The movie looks great.

I said your attempt at recreating the movie look is a failure.

P. was a complete ass back when I wasp posting pics of my custom paint work on my P2. I have long since blocked him. It's just not worth the trouble of even reading his posts and certainly isn't worth talking to him. He's always glibly negative and reacts poorly to anyone having a different opinion than he does.

P. was a complete ass back when I wasp posting pics of my custom paint work on my P2. I have long since blocked him. It's just not worth the trouble of even reading his posts and certainly isn't worth talking to him. He's always glibly negative and reacts poorly to anyone having a different opinion than he does.

Thanks dedguy. I'm beginning to see that. He doesn't even read my response correctly, as I do agree with what he is saying about the look of the predators in the movie, just not with his stumpy version of them in 1/6 form. I appreciate your response and will be blocking him as well. Cheers!

To be fair it all boils down to a soup made of English not being first language, tone being lost in text, and passionate about oneself's opinion. It's just that. A different opinion. As long as personal attacks aren't involved just move on.

I personally think that crazy Russian adds a lot to these forums with his keen eye. Sure, he feels strongly about some things but he's entitled to, just as much as you and me.

At the end of the day, I think it'll be easier to coexist if we don't try to teach others something. It's just the Internet. Scroll on.

To be fair it all boils down to a soup made of English not being first language, tone being lost in text, and passionate about oneself's opinion. It's just that. A different opinion. As long as personal attacks aren't involved just move on.

I personally think that crazy Russian adds a lot to these forums with his keen eye. Sure, he feels strongly about some things but he's entitled to, just as much as you and me.

At the end of the day, I think it'll be easier to coexist if we don't try to teach others something. It's just the Internet. Scroll on.

Completely agreed.. take it easy guys, and enjoy watching.. make positive feedback and keep it cool

No even through his broken English I can understand what he is saying. He doesn't read mine and just hurls backhanded remarks. His little "giraffe" comment is is tiresome and repetitive, which only goes to further illustrate his negative attitude. As I'm not the only one experiencing this it only goes to prove he's not passionate, but just being an ass to anyone not holding the same opinion as him. Especially since if he would read my comment I've states multiple times that I agree with his assessment of the on screen appearance, I just don't think his MOD achieves it and leave the figure looking completely disproportionate.

Back