Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.instagram.com/series209

IMG_9669.jpg
IMG_9670.jpg

IMG_9671.jpg
IMG_9672.jpg

IMG_9673.JPG

can anyone make me an accurate strap for my City Hunter pouch? and perhaps a real leather pouch too? I am not happy with the one I made and would like a more accurate one. Please and thank you . And Yoshi you pics are amazing my friend, do some of jungle hunter and city hunter fighting!!! I'd love to see those pics!

can anyone make me an accurate strap for my City Hunter pouch? and perhaps a real leather pouch too? I am not happy with the one I made and would like a more accurate one. Please and thank you . And Yoshi you pics are amazing my friend, do some of jungle hunter and city hunter fighting!!! I'd love to see those pics!

millertime I'm not 100% sure but I think GermanBeast makes those. If he hasn't already I'm sure he would!

Does anyone know how much this figure is going for on the secondary market? I'm thinking just loose?

Hi guys,
Sorry if im asking in the wrong thread. Is the hot toys city hunter 1.0 any good??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm definitely sure that his face sculpt is superior, but it has terrible body proportions and awful paint (red as a lobster), and the face sculpt can be appreciated only after a repaint.
so your decision depends on what you want and what you are ready to put into a figure.
if you just want a P2 and don't see why new P2's face is bad, just get the new one. much better paint and body.
overall it's bulkier, better painted, the only step down is unmovable left hip armor (cannot move together with a hip).

i'm definitely sure that his face sculpt is superior, but it has terrible body proportions and awful paint (red as a lobster), and the face sculpt can be appreciated only after a repaint.
so your decision depends on what you want and what you are ready to put into a figure.
if you just want a P2 and don't see why new P2's face is bad, just get the new one. much better paint and body.
overall it's bulkier, better painted, the only step down is unmovable left hip armor (cannot move together with a hip).

Thank you, end up getting the original city predator since it is the cheapest on the market for £150 pounds or aud 260shipped. Thank you :3

hmmmm, you might regret that. i'd still recommend getting a new one if you're new in hot toys predators.

Thank you, end up getting the original city predator since it is the cheapest on the market for £150 pounds or aud 260shipped. Thank you :3

I personally recommend u get a 2.0 body and a neck adaptor and place it.. head will look a bit small but great imo

I personally recommend u get a 2.0 body and a neck adaptor and place it.. head will look a bit small but great imo

Hmm thanks for the suggestion i might actually do that. :3

Love the city hunter v1 head repainted much better than 2.0. As for the body, v2 is the way to go.

As its been told, the perfect option is the mod of both. You have many examples in this thread. Here I post mine, a few months ago

IMG_7291.JPG

neck length!!! :panic: you'll see this and won't unsee!

kevin-peter-hall-predator-2-1990-bpdmwp.jpg

2ih47c8.jpg

that's a wonderful paint, fits the brownish new body better than mine from SilentSurfer (wasn't supposed to fit the new body as there was none at the time) and i guess paint is sealed properly, while i just covered it with a gloss varnish, and it stayed soft and bit sticky. no wonder you needed that Willie head to finish the perfect view, just fix the neck! or sell me the whole setup and i'll do it myself :lol

by the way, check how his right shoulder guard can be made movable and poseable: it's simply replaced with one coming from Snake/Shadow:

004_zps6e827728.jpg~original

i'm sure you can do the same with your own armor piece by just adding a rubber strip.

===========

p.s. genzoalma, now compare the body paint and proportions on photos you've seen above to what you want to choose over it:

predator_2___hot_toys_by_predator_fan.jpg

don't you think it's not worth it? and remember that those old P2 heads you see are repainted. we choose them for having a superiour sculpt, but originally it's covered with ****** paint, because stock old head looks muuuuch worse, and it doesn't even match the body. you can find photos online.

P., I know I have to shorten that neck, the truth is my table is full with a lot of custom stuff . I have to do it and I will. :rotfl I promise

As alway thanks for the tips and the pics to compare !!! Talk!!!!!!!!!

Back