Hot Toys - MMS169 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Nick Fury

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This very much looks like a $160-70 range figure, looks great but, not sure if i'd bite.

That makes a lot of sense. :cuckoo:

Based on the last 3 or 4 figures put up for pre order, why would you think this will be UNDER $150?

Red Skull - $200
Symbiote Spiderman - $210
War Macine SE - $240

You're confusing what I hope and feel it should be priced at with how much HT wants to gouge us for.

I know Hot Toys overprices their releases, I've been collecting them since 2001 when everyone thought that the SEAL and Green Beret HALO figures were overpriced at $100.
I'm not paying $180-$200+ for a figure that should only be priced at $165 at the most, especially for a second string character.

I wouldn't call Fury a second string character, not in the Avengers.

I hear ya, HT is overpriced. Always has been, always will be. They are nowhere near as crazy as Medicom though. Those guys are on crack! :lol

I still think all figures should be under $100 personally, but that isn't happening. We either accept the current rate of these and buy them or don't. Its that simple. Eventually HT will hit a point where even the most die hards will stop buying. And I think they are almost there. When Iron Man clocks in at $300 peopel will hesitate.

Nice! Gotta love Sammy J baby! :D:D

The likeness is incredible! Great assortment of accessories too! :rock

How many first string characters can the movie have? :slap

I think it's quite obvious the break down goes:

1st string: Cap, IM, Hulk, Thor
2nd string: Fury, BW, Hawkeye

You're confusing what I hope and feel it should be priced at with how much HT wants to gouge us for.

QUOTE]

I guess I don't understand why throwing that $150 price tag out there makes any sense then. ESPECIALLY if you don't actually expect it to be that price.:dunno

At $300 bucks a pop, I will only buy must-haves...stuff like CR Supes and '89 Bats.

Bye bye Nick Fury, Thor, multiple Iron Men, Terminator (probably) and all peripheral Predator characters.

I hear ya, HT is overpriced. Always has been, always will be. They are nowhere near as crazy as Medicom though. Those guys are on crack! :lol

I still think all figures should be under $100 personally, but that isn't happening. We either accept the current rate of these and buy them or don't. Its that simple. Eventually HT will hit a point where even the most die hards will stop buying. And I think they are almost there. When Iron Man clocks in at $300 peopel will hesitate.

Well said.
For me this version of Fury is second string, the 616 version is first tier all the way.
And very much agreed on Medicom! :lol
:duff

I also thought it had the braniac thing going...top part of head looks too big IMO.

:exactly::lecture:exactly:

How many first string characters can the movie have? :slap

I think it's quite obvious the break down goes:

1st string: Cap, IM, Hulk, Thor
2nd string: Fury, BW, Hawkeye

You forgot Spidey, haven't you heard, he's making a cameo as Peter Parker. :lol

Yeah, I'd love a good o'l white Fury too. Without seeing the movie, its really hard to say who is first and second string in this. Fury did organize the team, but he has been more behind the scenes. So its hard to say. I certainly think of Thor, Hulk, Cap, and Iron Man the main 4 team members of the Avengers with Fury, BW, and HE being the SHIELD members on the team. Just how important they are though is still up in the air :lol

Back