Hot Toys - MMS169 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Nick Fury

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always liked the look of this figure, but never pulled the trigger on one. I am sure if I was a bigger Marvel fan I would of got one by now.

It's a great figure. Very expressive.
I have the official one, but also put together a custom with spare parts from parts sellers.
And it can be cheap to build one with TWS look too. I found a Japanese school uniform that was a dead ringer for his look in that movie.
These were both build cheaply from parts:

F6A26F3C-F47F-4BBF-8285-DCC84D8FD99F.jpg

18108EEC-F0F1-49C5-9277-8BF9CA2152A8.jpg

87B8E736-E218-42C8-A7FA-CD358ECA924A.jpg

DED782FF-0507-46FB-8B25-7A6B0A182669.jpg

Nice!
Looking forward to more of your trademark outdoor pics!

Thanks!

Always liked the look of this figure, but never pulled the trigger on one. I am sure if I was a bigger Marvel fan I would of got one by now.

I'm not a huge Marvel guy, either. I got him 'cause I reckon his early adventures overlapped with this dude's:

40467108251_526f1d010c.jpg

Did anybody try to put TWS Fury sculpt on this figure?

On one of the two previous pages someone posted photos of that combo.

So I discovered that I had mistakenly stored this figure in my garage since Ocotober 2015. With our 110+ degree summer days here in Phoenix, I thought for sure it would be a melted plastic mess. The figure looks great though. Only thing wrong is the cosmic cu...uhh Tesseract is now green. Has this happened to anyone else? Oh and the batteries, never used, did not work even after removing the plastic tab.

I have owned my Hot Toys Avengers Nick Fury for nearly 7 years now. Must say in 2020 he is still a fantastic figure in my collection.

Don't think I will ever get rid of him but I would love to see HT do a new one with the same outfit but with a more up to date portrait of Samuel L Jackson...

So I discovered that I had mistakenly stored this figure in my garage since Ocotober 2015. With our 110+ degree summer days here in Phoenix, I thought for sure it would be a melted plastic mess. The figure looks great though. Only thing wrong is the cosmic cu...uhh Tesseract is now green. Has this happened to anyone else? Oh and the batteries, never used, did not work even after removing the plastic tab.

No but plastic discoloring isn't unusual even with most carefully kept plastics. And who knows what HT uses. All of the included batteries I ever get are some cheap brand. U can try soaking cube in strong blue dye like Rit Dye More and see if it takes.

I have owned my Hot Toys Avengers Nick Fury for nearly 7 years now. Must say in 2020 he is still a fantastic figure in my collection.

Don't think I will ever get rid of him but I would love to see HT do a new one with the same outfit but with a more up to date portrait of Samuel L Jackson...

The Winter Soldier Sculpt is a better upgrade for that head. I have one of those on mine.
Your stealth Sam Wilson looks great too.
I have used that figure for a few customs. My most recent was a JGL Batman suit.

The Winter Soldier Sculpt is a better upgrade for that head. I have one of those on mine.
Your stealth Sam Wilson looks great too.
I have used that figure for a few customs. My most recent was a JGL Batman suit.

Thanks,
Yeah that figure is very diverse for making customs.
I agree the Winter Soldier Nick Fury head sculpt is great but I never got a chance to get one loose will check to see if ebay has any.

Back