Hot Toys - MMS169 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Nick Fury

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10 pages of posts in an hour and 35 minutes. AND PASSED MIDNIGHT on the east coast.

THATS why HT prices keep going up.:wave

I'm not paying $180-$200+ for a figure that should only be priced at $165 at the most...

:exactly: :goodpost: :lecture :lecture

I see a good likelihood that this guy will be hanging out in the Odin/New Goblin crowd and I'll likely scoop him up if I can find him at a decent price on the secondary market - which I'm sure won't be a huge problem with a little patience. He's just not so impressive that I must have him...

Hi Res

132038f2a9592x95eekeej.jpg

1320541lcimifnimi5oilc.jpg

132106jgfoi9wv7t4votyn.jpg

132118nxz8vxhven8yq2p6.jpg

1321298ud8jlvyyd0alyj7.jpg

132138oize4eeene5ypy30.jpg

132151tswtiizsqivt5s5f.jpg

132203x6rbplrpt7rs7hml.jpg

132213u061uv77f8uvbdxi.jpg

13222612lqqz585nnnu0p0.jpg

Part of me likes it and part of me doesn't. While it is obvious who this is, I think the likeness could use just a bit of work. The biggest issue however is the head. It looks like an alien's head. They did it very strangely. I liked the likeness in The Spirit one they did quite a bit more. This figure will also probably be pretty expensive.

And when it comes down to it, it's an angry guy in a trench coat. If that's what I wanted, I'd go for Wesker.

Okay. You know this reveal is getting some hype when SuperHeroHype.com decides to write an article about it and post it on the main page. :lol

Is it just me, or do protos always look way over-textured... the final product ends up looking way more natural.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'd love to see a shopped pic :horror with a brown eye in scale with the head.

Is it just me, or do protos always look way over-textured... the final product ends up looking way more natural.

Pretty sure its to make up for the loss of detail in production molding. If its over textured in the proto, it should come out more natural, and softer in production. Sideshow often has the realistic texture on their protos but they got lost in the molding process. If they over textured the protos like HT, they'd look more like HT heads.

Back