Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pi

I think this Spidey looks awesome. I guess it doesn't matter since I don't collect Spiderman, but just on sheer looks, I'd love to buy this as a one off for my collection, if I didn't already feel the impending doom on my wallet about to explode from all the preorders its going to be looking at in the next year between a new Batman movie and trying to afford every Avengers piece HT put out.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pi

:goodpost:

(irregardless of Unicrons opinions on this particular figure) Hot Toys have loyal fans for doing mostly great figures and when they start turning out less than good figures its disapointing to those fans, you feel they've let the character down and let their own standard slip! The Pros likely outweigh the cons for most customers which is why they still buy even though they have complaints..

After being burned with Rubber QC, i no longer buy Batman figures as i don't want to support that repeated un-addressed QC, i no longer buy Iron Man as i have some figures and don't want to support milking one license over developing new licenses.

Yes I always preordered my hot toys figures and was never disappointed with the final product until now.

I am no longer a loyal fan of theirs because of the horrible body of this figure IMO and will never pre order from them again. Now they expect us to buy another Spiderman with a horrible body because obviously it doesn't take much to satisfy people it seems. :dunno

Last edited:

Yes I always preordered my hot toys figures and was never disappointed with the final product until now.

I am no longer a loyal fan of theirs because of the horrible body of this figure IMO and will never pre order from them again. Now they expect us to buy another Spiderman with a horrible body because obviously it doesn't take much to satisfy people it seems. :dunno

WOW! Thats a pretty arrogant statement to make.

You are basically saying that your standards are far above those who chose to get black spidey. Its ok if you voice you opinion and even distaste for something. But to think your way of thinking is the only way everyone else should think too is just obnoxious!

Don't buy black spiderman.
Don't buy whatever you don't want to buy.

But don't post that you are better than everyone one else on this board just because we don't share your point of view!

Last edited:

What a ******!

Figure looks great and so does the red one!

What a ******!

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl It's not often you see "******" spelled out! LOL. I wonder if Hot Toys or Sideshow will release a Sandman? He would make a sweet 1/4 scale piece. I really like the Sandman character, as he's very easy to sympathize with.

I don't get the thunder thighs.
His legs don't seem too big to me at all.
I love my original Spiderman,he's still hanging from under my book shelf with no signs of falling yet.
Plus if you're a wall crawler,your legs might get toned up,no?
I'm glad I ordered the Black Spidey as well,now just to decide if I'm displaying him with the mask or Tobey sculpt.

WOW! Thats a pretty arrogant statement to make.

You are basically saying that your standards are far above those who chose to get black spidey. Its ok if you voice you opinion and even distaste for something. But to think your way of thinking is the only way everyone else should think too is just obnoxious!

Don't buy black spiderman.
Don't buy whatever you don't want to buy.

But don't post that you are better than everyone one else on this board just because we don't share your point of view!

Ok maybe I used the wrong choice of words there. I didn't mean to say my standards are higher I meant to say, it just doesn't seem to matter to people what hot toys gives them because the bulky body and thunder thighs does not bother them (whether that is a bad thing or a good is an individual's choice), even though the figure they promoted was thinner and more athletic looking.

I did not mean to say that my way is better, or that my standards are higher. So I apologize if I offended anyone because they like this figure the way it is.

My problem is with the company misleading people not with you guys, so do not take offense!

I personally hate the figure, but I do not have a problem with those who like it.

I will repeat my original statement, I hope the body of the black Spiderman shown in these images is the same body will we get when the figure comes out, that is all.

:peace

Last edited:

I love my original Spiderman,he's still hanging from under my book shelf with no signs of falling yet.
I'm glad I ordered the Black Spidey as well,now just to decide if I'm displaying him with the mask or Tobey sculpt.

For me and many others it does seem too big and bulky and going by a lot of opinions on this board they say the same thing.

However, that being said if your happy with the way it looks then I do not have a problem with that. There are still so many great things about this figure, the tailoring and quality of clothing is superb.

Go get the black spidey, if you like this one so much.

My problem is with the company showing us a product we are suppose to get and giving us something completely different.

:)

Last edited:

What a ******!

The images of this black spidey do you look great but I disagree with the red one since I have it, it is bad IMO.

I dont think you should insult someone just because they are upset that a company that they were loyal to have now mislead people.

I agree with you. The legs only are big if you fold the legs inwards but once outwards, they thin out.

In a squatting pose, the thighs are actually quite slim.

I love the Red Blue Spidey. Its a good figure.

6971454525_7e48feee0f_b.jpg

My problem is with the company showing us a product we are suppose to get and giving us something completely different.

that a company that they were loyal to have now mislead people.

I really don't see how HT has misleaded people. :dunno On their prototype pics they clearly state that 'this is not the final product, product may change or vary'.

I really don't see how HT has misleaded people. :dunno On their prototype pics they clearly state that 'this is not the final product, product may change or vary'.

Yes I know, but that means "slight" changes not big changes like changing the entire body so it looks like a completely different figure.

You would not use that final product argument to justify what Enterbay did by misleading people with their YJ Park GOD would you?

:lecture

Last edited:

I agree with you. The legs only are big if you fold the legs inwards but once outwards, they thin out.

In a squatting pose, the thighs are actually quite slim.

I love the Red Blue Spidey. Its a good figure.

6971454525_7e48feee0f_b.jpg

First of all I would like to thank you lavoi for not abusing me like many of you have because I said hot toys deceived us.

TBH it is a good figure for professionals like you that are really good at posing and are able to hide flaws. Like I saw my friends ones and they said yeah it only looks good if you can pose it well, it does not look good standing straight.

I notice how you bend the shoulders back to make the arms not bulky and make shoulders appear less broad, because it is not just that the thighs are too big, the shoulders are too broad and arms are to bulky. Nevertheless, you do a great job at lessening that with your posing!

:clap

I tried to do the crouch position to hide the thunder thighs like u but was unable to do it because it was very restrictive and the costume began to stretch.

:gah:

For people like me that just want to keep a basic standing pose, the figure looks horrible and looks like a big body builder in a Spiderman suit.

Overall it is not a bad figure it just has IMO a bad body and because of that, I hate it overall.

This is an image promoted by hot toys for Spiderman 3 before the actual figure came out. That body looks nothing like the final product, I don't know maybe that is photoshopped? Look how nice and slim it looks and look at the shoulders, they are not big and broad.

spi6.jpg

I wanted mine to look like that instead I end up with a figure like this with broad shoulders and big thunder thighs. I can not pose a figure like this and make it look good like you guys because I am too scared of breaking the thing because of how restrictive the costume and the joints are and I am not talented enough to even be able to achieve such good poses like a lot people on here.

spiderman2.jpg

:mad:

The thighs look the same as the proto, the shoulders and triceps are wat looks worse to me :dunno

spiderman2.jpg

What I see is one outstanding version of Spiderman that I love having on my shelf. He looks awesome even just standing there.

:rotfl:lol:rotfl

Well that is your opinon qbomb71, and I respect that. I would rather have the one standing on the building in the promotional picture I showed.

King, what do you want me to do, just ignore post that are directed at me?

Welcome to the freaks board. All opinions welcome unless it's different from the general consensus :lol

I agree with King. You gotta let it go, be the bigger person and get the thread back on topic. :wink1:

Back