Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pi

black-spider-man-rain.jpg

This is the one I'm taking about! classic.:thud:

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pi

Well, i decided to cancel. Needed something to go and considering this isn't that different from my existing R&B one and i've got several Black Suit Spider-man collectibles it was the most logical

Well, i decided to cancel. Needed something to go and considering this isn't that different from my existing R&B one and i've got several Black Suit Spider-man collectibles it was the most logical

Unfortunate.

Well Hot Toys are different now i can probably pick this up just before christmas at retail.

So very true. :yess: on the part of retail price before christmas
But the HS of the figure is quite good. Deserved to be purchased.

I will probably end up buying this. Im not a big spiderman fan but i love the black suit. And the set this comes with is brilliant. HOWEVER, I am really annoyed that they seemingly swapped the diorama pieces for this and the R+B suit. The corner of tower peice should of came with Black spidey so he can look all emo and ____ on it and sandman should of came with R+B .. Because its how they fought.

I will probably end up buying this. Im not a big spiderman fan but i love the black suit. And the set this comes with is brilliant. HOWEVER, I am really annoyed that they seemingly swapped the diorama pieces for this and the R+B suit. The corner of tower peice should of came with Black spidey so he can look all emo and ____ on it and sandman should of came with R+B .. Because its how they fought.

Thats why ill be swapping dios:yess:

Great!!! :mad: Now I HAVE to buy a red/blue suit Spidey. :gah: Seriously, swapping dios is a great idea.

The black suit looks awesome there, the body is so slim unlike that big bulky disaster red and blue suit version, no offense to anyone that likes that one, but to me its horrible.

I just hope these are the real pictures of the final product and not of the prototype.

:pray:

How did they rush the first Spiderman?:dunno
It's an awesome figure with zero flaws to it.
The Black Costume Spidey looks to be awesome even though the movie wasn't as good as the first two.
The Tobey sculpt looks to be dead on.
:cuckoo:

Zero flaws to it are you kidding? IMO I hate the figure but each to his own.

Now don't get me wrong the costume is beautiful and I think it is flawless, there is some nitpicking about having some neck design problems and a very little nose that I never noticed, so I dont care. Here are main things that are wrong with it.

1. very little articulation with strong joints that you think if you are going to move them, they will break.

2. If you try to do strong poses this puts stress on the costume and ruins it.

3. However, IMO the biggest problem with the figure is how big and bulky it is with thunder thighs. IMO it does not look like Spiderman, it looks like some big bodybuilder in a Spiderman suit. Granted, the appearance of the thunder thighs can be lessened by stretching out the legs but I just like basic poses like standing with the web shooting hand and the figure looks horrible just standing straight!

:gah:

The black suit looks awesome there, the body is so slim unlike that big bulky disaster red and blue suit version, no offense to anyone that likes that one, but to me its horrible.

I just hope these are the real pictures of the final product and not of the prototype.

I'm pretty sure they both use the exact same body.

I'm pretty sure they both use the exact same body.

It looks very skinny there close to the medicom spiderman 3 version, or do you think I am being tricked by the poses and the camera angles of the figure, which is making it appear skinny. If they use that disaster of a body again with big thunder thighs than they are fools, and have not learnt anything.

Can someone please explain to me why hot toys finds it so difficult to make a slim body with a fitted suit like their prototype? Is it difficult to tailor a slim suit for a slim body on a a mass produced figure?

:dunno

Well in the movie, Tobey Maguire wasn't the slimmest guy when he was playing spider-man. So I think the proportions are right.

I'm sure with the way Andrew Garfield looks in the promos, the Amazing Spider-man will be much more thinner

Looks like the same body to me, as well, particularly in the official solicitation shots. But there might be some slight tweaks.

Well in the movie, Tobey Maguire wasn't the slimmest guy when he was playing spider-man. So I think the proportions are right.

I'm sure with the way Andrew Garfield looks in the promos, the Amazing Spider-man will be much more thinner

The proportions are not right for the last spiderman figure IMO, it should look slim like the prototype but not real skinny like the medicom one.

However, the shape of the thighs are right its just that the figure is too big.

I just want the final product to look like this.

403780_10150428120252344_58690437343_8723642_1859912316_n.jpg

Not with big thunder thighs like the pics in this thread below.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86679&page=251

I'd like to complain about this figure also. However, I'll wait until I actually have it to realize there is something to complain about.

I'd like to complain about this figure also. However, I'll wait until I actually have it to realize there is something to complain about.

Considering the body is the same, then complaints people have over that are fully applicable to this

Back