Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pi

I can't believe you would consider not getting it.

Personally, its a 'would like to have' but I'll never get out of debt if I keep buying those.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pi

I just called SSC and had a conversation with a rep. He said they haven't gotten notification of any changes with any of the HT 1/6 figures. Not of Black Spidey being moved up, or of Monger, Red Skull or any others being pushed back. I guess they possibly haven't been made aware yet?????

Interesting!

They usually don't change the dates until shortly before they are due, then they update them to the hottoys.jp dates which are 80% correct most of the time

Coming in the next 30 days according to the newsletter

I can't believe you would consider not getting it.

Personally, its a 'would like to have' but I'll never get out of debt if I keep buying those.

That's why i have to consider not getting it. Boba and Luke are on the table as well.

Coming in the next 30 days according to the newsletter

Saw that. Looking forward to putting this with the other and adding another great marvel figure to the collection.

Starting to reconsider this since Luke was pushed back.

Damn you HT!

This figure probably means Venom will be a sure thing right? I mean, it's only a few differences in the costume and a different head sculpt.

spiderman3-venom-3.jpg

I think the mentioned him yes.

Well that is your opinon qbomb71, and I respect that. I would rather have the one standing on the building in the promotional picture I showed.

Hmm alright, you like the body better, I think it's just the angle and besides that it;s the exact same but that aside.

Consider this:

Hot toys changed the boots, if you want to proto, you're stuck with ugly plastic boots.

Hot Toys changed the webbing, if you want the proto, you're stuck with ugly webbing.

They went great length into making the costume great IMO.

Just wish it came with a damned Toby sculpt :(

I wonder if i could sell the base for 50$ i really don't want/need it. (just want the figure)

We should!!!!!!!!!! :)

I think many people are waiting for the base to be parted out. I know I am.

If someone wants to make a deal let me know. I just want the figure.

Hmm alright, you like the body better, I think it's just the angle and besides that it;s the exact same but that aside.

Consider this:

Hot toys changed the boots, if you want to proto, you're stuck with ugly plastic boots.

Hot Toys changed the webbing, if you want the proto, you're stuck with ugly webbing.

They went great length into making the costume great IMO.

Just wish it came with a damned Toby sculpt :(

I was promised I was done with this but no one will let this be.

:gah:

It it not the angle, the body is completely different, if anyone on this board thinks otherwise then I challenge any of you on the board to do the pose like the one on the building.

spi6.jpg

Maybe that is photoshopped, I dont know but a figure should look normal just standing, it should not have to be posed in weird positions to look acceptable, so it can hide the flaws. For example, 89 batman looks fine standing straight, but the spiderman figure looks so big and bulky to me just standing, well that's my opinion.

When I opened the box up of this figure I was like WTF?

Yes you are right they did a fantasic job on the costume and yes I agree the plastic boots would suck and webbing also, but I rather that than some big body builder with thunder thighs and broad shoulders in a Spiderman suit, because it does not look like Spiderman.

What also pisses me off with this board is that you think I am trying to put pictures of the black spiderman down. The black spiderman looks awesome and I hope the black one turns out to look like that and not like the last one, which is the only thing I said, which started this mess.

:pray:

Nevertheless, I respect people who like the body and like the figure for what it is. However, it seems none of you respect me for my opinion that I think the figure sucks.

:(

Last edited:

The thighs look the same as the proto, the shoulders and triceps are wat looks worse to me :dunno

Yes it is so blatantly obvious so why cant anyone else see that?!!!

:dunno

Every review I read, say the body is too big and muscular for spiderman!

Even this member on this board, who I am sure most people like here says that in his review in the link below.

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_082411a.htm

Nevertheless, the figure looks awesome if you can pose it in ways to hide flaws. I try to say you guys are so good at posing but all I get are insults from you WTF?

The good things about the figure are that the clothing is superb, the tailoring is perfect. However, because the body is too big this ruins the entire figure for me, no offense to anyone who likes it, after all this is only my opinion on why I hate the figure.

I am not trying to change anyone's opinion on the figure I am just stating facts why I don't like it and hope the pics of the black spiderman will look the same as the final product.

:peace

Yes it is so blatantly obvious so why cant anyone else see that?!!!

:dunno

Every review I read, say the body is too big and muscular for spiderman!

Even this member on this board, who I am sure most people like here says that in his review in the link below.

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_082411a.htm

Nevertheless, the figure looks awesome if you can pose it in ways to hide flaws. I try to say you guys are so good at posing but all I get are insults from you WTF?

The good things about the figure are that the clothing is superb, the tailoring is perfect. However, because the body is too big this ruins the entire figure for me, no offense to anyone who likes it, after all this is only my opinion on why I hate the figure.

I am not trying to change anyone's opinion on the figure I am just stating facts why I don't like it and hope the pics of the black spiderman will look the same as the final product.

:peace
I see it! I see it!, however I am able to look past his more muscular frame. I'm just stoked to have a super articulate and finely detailed Spiderman in my possession and I actually like the bigger muscles because it accentuates Spideys more dynamic poses, which I keep mine in. If I was just gonna leave him in a basic standing pose, I might be as disappointed as you are.

I see it! I see it!, however I am able to look past his more muscular frame. I'm just stoked to have a super articulate and finely detailed Spiderman in my possession and I actually like the bigger muscles because it accentuates Spideys more dynamic poses, which I keep mine in. If I was just gonna leave him in a basic standing pose, I might be as disappointed as you are.
:goodpost:

Well at least you see where I am coming from, tell that to other people on here that abused me.

Yes I have no problem with you liking the figure, you wanted a bigger spiderman more muscular probably does accentuates those dynamic poses.

Congrats man on having a figure you appreciate:clap, just wish I felt the same way :(

Back