Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pi

Welcome to the freaks board. All opinions welcome unless it's different from the general consensus :lol

I agree with King. You gotta let it go, be the bigger person and get the thread back on topic. :wink1:

:goodpost:

Thanks for welcoming to the freaks board Darkseed, I really appreciate that.

Yes I will be the bigger person and let it go despite the more insults I am most likely going to get. So I am not going to reply anymore and just let others talk about how wonderful the black spidey looks and it does look wonderful.

Last edited:
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pi

I wanted mine to look like that instead I end up with a figure like this with broad shoulders and big thunder thighs. I can not pose a figure like this and make it look good like you guys because I am too scared of breaking the thing because of how restrictive the costume and the joints are and I am not talented enough to even be able to achieve such good poses like a lot people on here.

spiderman2.jpg

dude, don't blame the figure or the company if you're too scared or dont know how to pose. just practice.

just lower those shoulder to narrow it and twist the upper arm so it's thinner and you can achieve that proto pic pose.

just practice.

First of all I would like to thank you lavoi for not abusing me like many of you have because I said hot toys deceived us.

TBH it is a good figure for professionals like you that are really good at posing and are able to hide flaws. Like I saw my friends ones and they said yeah it only looks good if you can pose it well, it does not look good standing straight.

I notice how you bend the shoulders back to make the arms not bulky and make shoulders appear less broad, because it is not just that the thighs are too big, the shoulders are too broad and arms are to bulky. Nevertheless, you do a great job at lessening that with your posing!

:clap

I tried to do the crouch position to hide the thunder thighs like u but was unable to do it because it was very restrictive and the costume began to stretch.

:gah:

For people like me that just want to keep a basic standing pose, the figure looks horrible and looks like a big body builder in a Spiderman suit.

Overall it is not a bad figure it just has IMO a bad body and because of that, I hate it overall.

This is an image promoted by hot toys for Spiderman 3 before the actual figure came out. That body looks nothing like the final product, I don't know maybe that is photoshopped? Look how nice and slim it looks and look at the shoulders, they are not big and broad.

I wanted mine to look like that instead I end up with a figure like this with broad shoulders and big thunder thighs. I can not pose a figure like this and make it look good like you guys because I am too scared of breaking the thing because of how restrictive the costume and the joints are and I am not talented enough to even be able to achieve such good poses like a lot people on here.

:mad:

Holy shyyyt you're on ignore.

:lecture
dude, don't blame the figure or the company if you're too scared or dont know how to pose. just practice.

just lower those shoulder to narrow it and twist the upper arm so it's thinner and you can achieve that proto pic pose.

just practice.

This will be my final reply since you are not abusing me I will reply to your post.

When I say I can not achieve the sort of poses like people on this board can, I mean I can not achieve poses that are able to hide flaws this figure has like broad shoulders and the big thighs. Now why these poses look good, people should not have to resorts to these great lengths to pose the figure.

I also rather pose the figure looking like the one "standing" on building, which is impossible to do because the body that hot toys made is too bulky with broad shoulders. The one on the building does not have broad shoulders, so no one on this board can achieve that because it is an entirely different body. So I have every right to blame the company for making the body a completely different body to the one that was advertised.

I just wish people would get that the final product is a different body to the prototype and that is why it looks bad when trying to pose it standing still, where as the prototype looks fine standing straight!

spi6.jpg

The only way to pose it like the one on the building above in the promotional picture for the figure is for the figure to look like the figure in the picture below.

SpiderMan4.jpg

This will be my final post regarding this issue.

Last edited:

IMAG0036.jpg

Mine looks fine

First of all I would like to thank you lavoi for not abusing me like many of you have because I said hot toys deceived us.

No offense, whether you like it or not, YOU insulted everyone else on this board intially. That created all the ABUSE that you don't like. At least own what you did and don't try to make it seem like you are a victim.

And just because a company didn't make EXACTLY what YOU wanted, doesn't mean they mislead you or decieved you. All of these companies are making toys targeted at thousands of customers. HOW CAN ANY ONE PERSON EXPECT TO GET EXACTLY EVERY DETAIL THEY WANT? Maybe half of us like the big legs. Maybe a 1/3 of us wished for better webbing.

Ultimately, if you don't like something DON'T BUY IT. But to take it personally that a toy company is messing with you IS JUST PLAIN CRAZY! IMO :wave

No offense, whether you like it or not, YOU insulted everyone else on this board intially. That created all the ABUSE that you don't like. At least own what you did and don't try to make it seem like you are a victi

And just because a company didn't make EXACTLY what YOU wanted, doesn't mean they mislead you or decieved you. All of these companies are making toys targeted at thousands of customers. HOW CAN ANY ONE PERSON EXPECT TO GET EXACTLY EVERY DETAIL THEY WANT? Maybe half of us like the big legs. Maybe a 1/3 of us wished for better webbing.

Ultimately, if you don't like something DON'T BUY IT. But to take it personally that a toy company is messing with you IS JUST PLAIN CRAZY! IMO :wave

I cant believe you actually said no offense after all the abuse you and your follows gave me for making one statement, which was not offensive to anyone except a stupid company that is now misleading people like enterbay did, it was just an opinion so get over it!

I am not going to reply anymore because you want me to argue.

Can someone please start up a new topic?

:pray:

I cant believe you actually said no offense after all the abuse you and your follows gave me for making one statement, which was not offensive to anyone except a stupid company that is now misleading people like enterbay did, it was just an opinion so get over it!

I am not going to reply anymore because you want me to argue.

Can someone please start up a new topic?

:pray:

Most people give their opinions without insulting others. And there is nothing for me to get over. If you mistated something, thats fine. Just own it and move on.

I think you need to get over the fact that you think you're important enough for a million dollar toy company to make things to your exact specifications. THATS WHAT YOU NEED TO GET OVER.:wave

402203_198403913583748_100002424218719_387908_775495237_n.jpg
only a couple more month's until we can go play in the sand with spidey.....gonna be sweet.......:rock

Next in line for release (advanced).... April according to HT jp....

Is this the complaint department or is this arguments?

Wow. That takes a lot of energy to argue on a message board. I can't do it. Don't have the time.

I can't wait for this figure and the next announcement in the line.

I'm cool with Hot Toys pushing this up,I just hope they don't rush the sculpt and have it come out crappy looking.
So are we going to start seeing more in hand pics soon now?

I wonder what sideshow is going to do about the flexpay? My payments were suppose to come out in April and May.

Looks AWESOME!!!

Just like Spidey red/blue ;)

far out there is some BS on these boards sometimes...LOL

Do we have confirmation on the Spidey mask for this release, is it cloth like red/blue, or a solid plastic? I'm hoping solid plastic, the cloth could be easily damaged trying to swap heads.

Tempting with Luke getting delayed. We shall see!

Back