Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pi

Considering the body is the same, then complaints people have over that are fully applicable to this

I assume there were complaints about red spideys body and they didn't change it for Black spidey. SO WHY COMPLAIN? And don't say because this board is a forum where we can complain. That is getting old too.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pi

Complain? The Sandman base with black suit Spidey is awesome, can't wait!

I can deal with the thighs. TBH i think it only looks bad when he is stood still.. and i fully intend to have him arms and legs swinging on the base. The only gripe i have (and ive said before) is i much rather the first spidey got the Sandman base and this came with the clock tower piece.

And if i was to be a fusspot the hands look out of place to the rest of the arm because of the obvious material change.

Still cant wait for it though.

I assume there were complaints about red spideys body and they didn't change it for Black spidey. SO WHY COMPLAIN? And don't say because this board is a forum where we can complain. That is getting old too.

I have the R&B and have no complaints, but some didn't like the thunder thighs and since that carries over (it seems) they have a right to voice that they are unhappy it wasn't changed, it's their opnion we don't have to agree :wave

Complaining anout complainers is itself complaining by the way :rolleyes:

I have the R&B and have no complaints, but some didn't like the thunder thighs and since that carries over (it seems) they have a right to voice that they are unhappy it wasn't changed, it's their opnion we don't have to agree :wave

It's not about whether or we agree. Its normal for there to be tons of opinions and points of view. I'm saying hearing the same complaint is just tied. Come up with something new to say.

I DON'T LIKE THE THIGHS. THE RED IS TOO RED. I WANT A COMIC VERSION. THE HEAD SCULPT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE THE ACTOR.

IT'S A F*@KING TOY! GET OVER IT

And complaining about people being absurd is pretty different from complaining about a TOY THAT EVENTUALLY THE COMPLAINERS ARE GOING TO PAY $200 FOR ANYWAY!

Last edited:

I'd like to complain about this figure also. However, I'll wait until I actually have it to realize there is something to complain about.

You would like to complaint about this figure? That is the last thing I want to do, I would rather them fix it then me complain about it.

I can deal with the thighs. TBH i think it only looks bad when he is stood still.. and i fully intend to have him arms and legs swinging on the base. The only gripe i have (and ive said before) is i much rather the first spidey got the Sandman base and this came with the clock tower piece.

And if i was to be a fusspot the hands look out of place to the rest of the arm because of the obvious material change.

Still cant wait for it though.

Yes that is my point when it is standing still it looks horrible, however like you said when you can pose it, the thighs look less noticeable.

I just like to pose my figures in a basic way, I am not as talented as some of you guys, nor do I want to make the joints loose by posing it in extreme ways.

I am not saying I am right, IMO the body is horrible and is different to what was promoted to us in the prototype images. If you like the body then that is fine, but I really was sucked in by the promotional images and that is why I wanted the figure. Now if they give us the same body again but show us what they are showing now, then they are misleading us again!

Some people are happy to accept the figure for what it is and if they like it I am not saying they are wrong and should not like it. The fact is, the body looks nothing like the body that was shown to us, and that is what is why I am somewhat complaining.

I just want the body of final product to have the same slim build that the figure being promoted to us in the promtional images has!

:(

Last edited:

It's not about whether or we agree. Its normal for there to be tons of opinions and points of view. I'm saying hearing the same complaint is just tied. Come up with something new to say.

I DON'T LIKE THE THIGHS. THE RED IS TOO RED. I WANT A COMIC VERSION. THE HEAD SCULPT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE THE ACTOR.

IT'S A F*@KING TOY! GET OVER IT

And complaining about people being absurd is pretty different from complaining about a TOY THAT EVENTUALLY THE COMPLAINERS ARE GOING TO PAY $200 FOR ANYWAY!

Your missing the point, this is not about nit picking a figure, this is about a company that shows a perfect figure and gives us a completely different figure entirely, that is has a terrible body IMO. Some people like the big muscular body and if they like it that is fine with them, I would rather have what had been shown to us, maybe that is just me?

I have collected hot toys for a number of years, and I could barely notice the difference between the promotional product and the final product that was released. This is the first time I have seen such a major difference between the promotional product and the final product that was released!

I don't know maybe I am blind, has it always been this way? I thought Enterbay was the only company that made promotional products completely different from their final products?

Now hot toys are misleading people, that is my point. If they showed a big figure with thunder thighs to begin with, then I wouldn't complain, because that would be what was shown to us and there is no way in hell I would buy it!

:gah:

Last edited:

As far as I know.. that's the exact same body. :dunno

The same body as what? I can tell you right now it is not same body as the red and blue suit final product!

It maybe the same body as the their red and blue promotional product that they showed at toy fair and in production pictures but it is not the same body as the final product with huge thunder thighs.

:slap

when i paid 200 or more , then its for me not a toy:wink1:

You would like to complaint about this figure? That is the last thing I want to do, I would rather them fix it then me complain about it.

Yes that is my point when it is standing still it looks horrible, however like you said when you can pose it, the thighs look less noticeable.

I just like to pose my figures in a basic way, I am not as talented as some of you guys, nor do I want to make the joints loose by posing it in extreme ways.

I am not saying I am right, IMO the body is horrible and is different to what was promoted to us in the prototype images. If you like the body then that is fine, but I really was sucked in by the promotional images and that is why I wanted the figure. Now if they give us the same body again but show us what they are showing now, then they are misleading us again!

Some people are happy to accept the figure for what it is and if they like it I am not saying they are wrong and should not like it. The fact is, the body looks nothing like the body that was shown to us, and that is what is why I am somewhat complaining.

I just want the body of final product to have the same slim build that the figure being promoted to us in the promtional images has!

:(

Your missing the point, this is not about nit picking a figure, this is about a company that shows a perfect figure and gives us a completely different figure entirely, that is has a terrible body IMO. Some people like the big muscular body and if they like it that is fine with them, I would rather have what had been shown to us, maybe that is just me?

I have collected hot toys for a number of years, and I could barely notice the difference between the promotional product and the final product that was released. This is the first time I have seen such a major difference between the promotional product and the final product that was released!

I don't know maybe I am blind, has it always been this way? I thought Enterbay was the only company that made promotional products completely different from their final products?

Now hot toys are misleading people, that is my point. If they showed a big figure with thunder thighs to begin with, then I wouldn't complain, because that would be what was shown to us and there is no way in hell I would buy it!

The same body as what? I can tell you right now it is not same body as the red and blue suit final product!

It maybe the same body as the their red and blue promotional product that they showed at toy fair and in production pictures but it is not the same body as the final product with huge thunder thighs.

:slap

I-don't-always-regard-other-people's-emotions,-but-when-i-do,-i-ask-U-Mad-Bro%3F.jpg

when i paid 200 or more , then its for me not a toy:wink1:

Yes agreed, but hot toys are overrated and overpriced.

However, the issue is not whether it is a toy or not, a company any company for that matter that would show you images for what you are going to get and then give you something entirely different and worse is bad business. This is what they did with the red and blue suit Spiderman! There were no thunder thighs on the promotional images, however, the thighs had the same shape, only smaller.

What makes matters worse now is, if the final product black spidey ends up having thunder thighs and has the exact same body as the previous final product then they are misleading people again with these promotional images that clearly show a slim body like the red and blue suit ones did before they released that!

The reason above is why so many people have blacklisted Enterbay because that company continually mislead people and everyone got sick of it! Now hot toys is doing the same? WTF?

:banghead

Last edited:

I respect your opinion king even though its just a picture. I guess I am mad or upset or ranting because hot toys ruined my dream figure, and it looks like they will ruined it again, if they use the same horrible body IMO from their red and blue suit final product.

Everyone knew the medicom ones sucked so that's why on this board they kept hoping that hot toys would make movie Spiderman 3 figures because they thought they could do better and they did as far as the quality of the costume goes.

However, the body on the final product is just awful IMO, so not even hot toys could fix that. Yet, in their promotional pictures and at toy fair the pre release figure looks perfect WTF? So that tells me they have ability to fix it but don't care because it must be easier to fit suits on bodies with thunder thighs, than on slim figures.

Sorry everyone do not mean to rant I just think these things need to be said, because Enterbay did the same thing and a lot of people (including me), hate them now for doing that.

Its the same damn body, look at the thighs , they are not misleading anyone. And btw Symbiot Spidey was way beefier than red spidey in the movie.

1229331ugnx1fxx10ftgfe.jpg

I used to not like the body, but when I got it in hand it looked stunning, finest crafted Spidey figure I've ever seen. If it really bugs you,I guess you could cut the costume open and switch the body, otherwise just dont buy it. :pfft:

Also they are going to be making figures from Amazing Spider-man, and that guy is skinny as F*#K. problem solved.

I was being sarcastic. I was simply stating that maybe everyone should wait until they actually get it to complain about the figure. What if its different than the pics show?

I'm not missing the point. I get it. But when I am that unhappy with a product or company, I don't buy from them.

My point was that many people complaining about these figures are still shelling out the dough. Again, if you are truely unhappy with the production quality of a company, or the way they are treating their customers, don't be one of their customers. If those complaining about Black Spideys thighs now still buy it KNOWING they are hppy with the thighs, THEN YOU ARE NUTS FOR SUPPORTING SOMETHING YOU AREN'T HAPPY WITH!:cuckoo:

I personally love every HT I have. Do I think they are perfect, NO! Do I think HT, SSC, EB or any of the companies are perfect, NO! But I am not going to B@#ch about how I dislike a product AND STILL BUY IT!

Last edited:

I'm not missing the point. I get it. But when I am that unhappy with a product or company, I don't buy from them.

My point was that many people complaining about these figures are still shelling out the dough. Again, if you are truely unhappy with the production quality of a company, or the way they are treating their customers, don't be one of their customers. If those complaining about Black Spideys thighs now still buy it KNOWING they are hppy with the thighs, THEN YOU ARE NUTS FOR SUPPORTING SOMETHING YOU AREN'T HAPPY WITH!:cuckoo:

:goodpost:

(irregardless of Unicrons opinions on this particular figure) Hot Toys have loyal fans for doing mostly great figures and when they start turning out less than good figures its disapointing to those fans, you feel they've let the character down and let their own standard slip! The Pros likely outweigh the cons for most customers which is why they still buy even though they have complaints..

After being burned with Rubber QC, i no longer buy Batman figures as i don't want to support that repeated un-addressed QC, i no longer buy Iron Man as i have some figures and don't want to support milking one license over developing new licenses.

Its the same damn body, look at the thighs , they are not misleading anyone. And btw Symbiot Spidey was way beefier than red spidey in the movie.

1229331ugnx1fxx10ftgfe.jpg

I used to not like the body, but when I got it in hand it looked stunning, finest crafted Spidey figure I've ever seen. If it really bugs you,I guess you could cut the costume open and switch the body, otherwise just dont buy it. :pfft:

Also they are going to be making figures from Amazing Spider-man, and that guy is skinny as F*#K. problem solved.

I am the opposite to you, because you guys are so talented at posing figures, you make the figure look good! However, that being said I never (which I now regret) looked at the final products first.

Since you guys are so good at posing, I could not figure out with what was wrong with my figure than after I discovered by reading this forum and talking to those that have it, that it is because of posing that makes the thunder thighs look less obvious.

I mean no disrespect but it is not the same body, I, like you have the figure and most people agree it looks bad when it is posed straight like that in the picture. Now I look at that picture, it looks good standing straight there, the shape of the thighs are the same but the body is bigger in the final product.

You cant tell me it is the same slim body in this picture here that is in the thread below, the thighs are too big. That's why a lot of people in that section were complaining and saying the figure was worse than the promotional one.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86679&page=251

I should not have to cut the suit and modify it to make it look like what we were meant to have. Since that what was advertised.

Last edited:

I was being sarcastic. I was simply stating that maybe everyone should wait until they actually get it to complain about the figure. What if its different than the pics show?

I personally love every HT I have. Do I think they are perfect, NO! Do I think HT, SSC, EB or any of the companies are perfect, NO! But I am not going to B@#ch about how I dislike a product AND STILL BUY IT!

I agree with you, that you should not buy a product if you don't like it but because of my stupidity at not looking at the final product first on these forums and the fact that I trusted that the pictures that hot toys advertised to us was what the figure looked like, I bought the figure.

I was not unhappy with the company until now, but that does not mean I should not buy from them again since the hot toys 1989 Joker that got released is really good IMO, I am sure there are other people that notice flaws that I dont about that figure.

This advent has caused me to be more cautious and not to buy anything until you see the final product first. This has never been an issue before with me for hot toys, because they always delivered what they showed up until now as far as the shape of the figure goes. For instance I did not buy the fat TDK batman because they showed us that is what we were going to get and I did not want a fat TDK batman but at least they showed us what the real product was going to look like.

I am not really complaining so much about the figure, other than I am just saying the body is bad and it was not right for hot toys to false advertise. So I am hoping the black one would look like it does in the images that hot toys is advertising to us in these promotional pictures, however, I doubt it and I will wait for the figure to be released first before or if I get it.

This whole thing just started out with a statement and has been blown way out of proportion. I just said I hope the final product of this black Spiderman has the same slim body that it does have in what is currently being advertised to us because red and blue suit one doesn't have this slim body like it was suppose to have.

Last edited:
Back