Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pi

I can feel this figure is coming soon..

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pi

...That's disgusting...

SOOOOO TRUE

I was just collecting SS and Medicom 1/6 ranging from $20-$90. I always said, "I WOULDN'T MIND HAVING AN IRON MAN. THEY SEEM PRETTY COOL. BUT ONLY IF I CAN GET ONE FOR UNDER $200.

I then got an IM Mark III for exactly $200 from ebay.

2 years later, I have 24 Hot Toys. And 8 pre-ordered. :cuckoo:

I´m in the same situation, I only wanted some and now I have 2 medicoms, 10 sideshows and 31 hot toys.:dunno

and 7 more on my target.

I´m in the same situation, I only wanted some and now I have 2 medicoms, 10 sideshows and 31 hot toys.:dunno

and 7 more on my target.

You guys have small problems... let me know when ur up to 75 hot toys! :gah:

:p

You guys think there will be a red suit DX spiderman 2 figure? Battle damaged and all?

That's the one I will be buying, I'm skipping the first red because they rushed it, and not buying the black cause the movie sucked ____.

You guys think there will be a red suit DX spiderman 2 figure? Battle damaged and all?

That's the one I will be buying, I'm skipping the first red because they rushed it, and not buying the black cause the movie sucked ____.
How did they rush the first Spiderman?:dunno
It's an awesome figure with zero flaws to it.
The Black Costume Spidey looks to be awesome even though the movie wasn't as good as the first two.
The Tobey sculpt looks to be dead on.
:cuckoo:

The Black Costume Spidey looks to be awesome even though the movie wasn't as good as the first two.

:exactly::goodpost::lecture:lecture

Well, i've seen some bad stitching on some, also, to me it feels like they had that maguire sculpt around when they were making the red suit, I feel they just put it with the black one because they knew that one would sell less, which sucks.

I want a maguire spiderman, but not a black one is kinda what I mean, I feel they rushed the first red figure since it doesn't even come with a sculpt, which is lazy.

Which makes it so paintful that the tobey sculpt is so dead-on, but you cant remove the mask on the first red figure without ruining it I think, need confirming. If you can, I will simply buy that fig and buy this sculpt along with it.

Probably gonna end up passing on this. Although it looks great we'll see.

Well, i've seen some bad stitching on some, also, to me it feels like they had that maguire sculpt around when they were making the red suit, I feel they just put it with the black one because they knew that one would sell less, which sucks.

I want a maguire spiderman, but not a black one is kinda what I mean, I feel they rushed the first red figure since it doesn't even come with a sculpt, which is lazy.

Which makes it so paintful that the tobey sculpt is so dead-on, but you cant remove the mask on the first red figure without ruining it I think, need confirming. If you can, I will simply buy that fig and buy this sculpt along with it.
The Maguire sculpt is from the new sculptress they hired after the Red/Blue release... one of the first few sculpts for HT by her. No HS for Red/Blue was one of the reasons for its cheap price.... I believe it's the cheapest Marvel based MMS.

The Maguire sculpt is from the new sculptress they hired after the Red/Blue release... one of the first few sculpts for HT by her. No HS for Red/Blue was one of the reasons for its cheap price.... I believe it's the cheapest Marvel based MMS.

Well, that's what they say, but I don't believe it. It's all marketing.

They could have just slapped a headsculpt on the first figure really and noone would complain.

I'm pretty stoked about Black Spidey. I was checking out my red spidey again yesterday and forgot how well this was made. The suit is really killer. I love the raised webbing

I'm undecided if I will get this. I'd have to classify it as a 'would like to have' figure but not a 'must have'. And with being already in debt and so many must haves on the horizon....I might just stay happy with my classic red/blue.

The way I see it is,if they released the Red Spidey with a battle damaged mask,it might have meant they didn't have the rights to Tobey's likeness. The damaged mask would have obscured it enough to say,it looks close enough. Like HT's did with the Kane from Alien and Billy from Predator. Same could have been said about the New Goblin,if they didn't have Franco's likeness rights,they could have scarred up his face and said close enough.
I doubt the figures would have sold like they did.

Hope the webs are rigid in this release, otherwise they'll basically be useless again

You guys thought of whether you'll be posing the figure with the HS or the masked head? Especially if you already have a Red-Blue spidey.

Tough choice for me. It would be a classic pose to have them facing back to back. or face to face in a square off.

Im already visualizing the possibilities.....:panic:

You guys thought of whether you'll be posing the figure with the HS or the masked head? Especially if you already have a Red-Blue spidey.

Tough choice for me. It would be a classic pose to have them facing back to back. or face to face in a square off.

Im already visualizing the possibilities.....:panic:

trying to replicate something like this would be awesome

400833.1020.A.jpg

The waist and twisting of it won't allow it to get it down that far.

trying to replicate something like this would be awesome

400833.1020.A.jpg

Yeah, that would be 'award winning' But HT spiderman just doesn't allow you to achieve that level of degree of bending with the legs.
If it had, I would have tried the 'sitting with one leg up pose' that Black spidey did on top of the church while it was drizziling. Love that pose but impossible to copy with HT.:mad:

Back