Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once you've got everything set up with this figure (holster, guns, shield, etc.), you can only sit back and just admire and be amazed at what HT has done.

Save for the headsculpt, which looks imo nothing like Evans, this is one amazing figure. A keeper for years to come!

It's not that hard, you have to seperate the gluded shoulder pads from the sleeves. I rotated the arms within the sleeves, just try not to rotate the sleeves either since it will pull on the shoulder straps. It might make it easier if you pull out the lower arms and just rotate the upper arms.

The uniform is not that restricting once you seperate the glued shoulder parts, just have to be very gentle and careful when you rotate his arms because of the uniform.

Although the underlying body is restrictive I'm finding that the most restrictive part is the outfit. Not all of it but the shoulder-pads. The material over the shoulders is very stiff. It's kind of like when you buy leather basketball shoes and it takes some time to break them in. Although I don't think this material will give over time.

How would i got about seperating the shoudler pad from the underlying outift?

Although the underlying body is restrictive I'm finding that the most restrictive part is the outfit. Not all of it but the shoulder-pads. The material over the shoulders is very stiff. It's kind of like when you buy leather basketball shoes and it takes some time to break them in. Although I don't think this material will give over time.

I rolled the shoulder pads around between my thumb and forefinger to soften them up after I freed them from the suit. It helped loosen them up but I think it also reduced the effect of the raised areas of the pads a little.

Thanx for the info. Gave them a call and said to e-mail them some pics and they would take a look and see if it was just my figure or others were like this. Said with the holidays it will take a little longer.

Here is an update on my figure. Just received this e-mail from sideshow. Guess i wont be getting a replacement head. Sounds to me like there entire new shipment has crooked "A"s on the head

Dear Jason,

Thank you for taking the time to contact our Customer Service Department. I appreciate your patience while we have waited for our replacement inventory to arrive into our warehouse!

To better assist you, I pulled several Captain America figures from our inventory to compare to the photos of your items. Unfortunately, the “A” emblem on the helmet will not be straight on any of our replacement inventory. As these items are hand assembled and hand sewn, they will feature minor imperfections.

As our replacement inventory looks the same as your current figure, an exchange will not resolve your inquiry. If you are unhappy with your item, please let me know and I can assist you with a return for a refund.

As always, please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Jaclyn Yudkowsky
Customer Service Representative

My figures head with crooked "A". I don't consider this a minor imperfection.
https://i40.tinypic.com/fbmdl4.jpg

Last edited:
I set up mine a bit different last night. i don't find the figure all that restrictive, my elbows weren't super tight either so I found it pretty easy to pose. My uniform is a little bit "messier" than I'd hoped for with some threads and the like but it's OK.

My "A" is a tiny bit crooked too but what can you do? It doesn't bother me.

I'll only pose it a few times then it'll stay like that on display.

I picked mine up from my local dealer today (my plastic crack dealer YEAH). All was great with mine, came with staight A, non-wonky star, and extra-long leg pegs, buttons etc.

Can't wait for the Red Skull to drop. These will look epic together:yess:

6650619469_76438aaec2_b.jpg

6650620511_1b4a7df0ea_b.jpg

6650619971_bed993b329_b.jpg

:lecture I am waiting my shipment from AE so based on the email above I should expect a crooked "A". Unacceptable.......

I really feel that thosse of us that have preordered Cap from AE are being punished. Normally I can deal with waiting longer for a figure. I find it strange that it is available in comic stores before AE gets my figure. If it means getting a better quality figure that would be fine but now I am nervous about getting a crooked A on mine. Hopefully Sideshow checked their stock finding crooked "A"s after they separated out the AE shipment :pray:

Crooked A as I have seen in some pictures RUINS it- totally ridiculous to let that slip through. If mine has one going straight back ....

don't know if i miss the post but someone from hk crack the helmet & add hair to the hs, yup to me it look like chris evan
1112311732f97005b236f9ab78.jpg

Back