Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to my man Vik i snageed ots of parts to build a CAP.

I realy didn't like the way it looked out of the box.
Didn't like the blue of the outfit at all.

So i decided to make a BD version.
So i darkened the blue of the suit and added some mud and wear effect.
Alos weathered the Helemt and shield.
I alos changed the belt for smoething more WWII.
He's on an advanced tt.

IMG_5025.jpg

IMG_5026.jpg

IMG_5027.jpg

IMG_5030.jpg

IMG_5028.jpg

IMG_5032.jpg

I really feel that thosse of us that have preordered Cap from AE are being punished. Normally I can deal with waiting longer for a figure. I find it strange that it is available in comic stores before AE gets my figure. If it means getting a better quality figure that would be fine but now I am nervous about getting a crooked A on mine. Hopefully Sideshow checked their stock finding crooked "A"s after they separated out the AE shipment :pray:
Hmm, yeah it is rather irritating that other places have it in stock while AE hasn't fulfilled their orders. And something as blatantly wrong as a crooked A would definitely ruin the enjoyment of receiving a new figure. Shame on Hot Toy for letting them ship out that way in the first place.

I PO'd my Cap from AE and it had a crooked A, I email them a pic and they said they would replace it. Here's the email.

Hi Steven,

Sideshow thinks they can get you a better head. They're expecting replacements in the next week or so. Once they get them they'll verify that the replacement is actually an improvement over what you have and send one out. I'll notify you once they have one to ship. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Josh Young

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 3:02 PM, Josh <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Steven,

Thanks, I'll get that sent to Sideshow and notify you as soon as I get a response. If you have any questions, just let me know.

Josh Young

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 3:00 PM, Steve S <> wrote:

Hey Josh,
Thanks for getting back to me so soon, here is the picture that you requested. I know it's not off centered by much but I was just wondering if Sideshow could do anything about it. Thank you very much.
Steven

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Steven,

We don't currently have any replacements available for the Captain America, but I can get in touch with Sideshow, who distributes this Hot Toys line in the US, and see what we can do. Just send me some images of the affected area, I'll get it going. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Josh Young
888-330-6198www.AlterEgoComics.com
230 N Main St
Lima, OH 45801

Subject: Hot Toys Captain America
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, I was just wondering what can be done about the "A" on the head being off center? I know it have been an issue with this figure, I can send pictures if you like. Thank you. Steve

Thanks to my man Vik, I snagged lots of parts to build a CAP.

I really didn't like the way it looked out of the box.
Didn't like the blue of the outfit at all.

So I decided to make a BD version.
I darkened the blue of the suit, added some mud and wear effect,
and weathered the helmet and shield.
I also changed the belt for something more WWII.
He's on an advanced TT.

IMG_5032.jpg

Looks great! Really like your work on the shield. Uniform hangs well on that TT...

Another Sick one from Dean Knight

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v830U2osAg8&feature=g-u&context=G2027f84FUAAAAAAAKAA[/ame]

My videos got deleted so here they are again in case anyone still wanted to see them...

https://youtu.be/FohE-7hG-TU

https://youtu.be/1lbBeFSIR64

Great job on the videos, Nick! :clap :clap

Can't remember who was it that asked me for a close up shots on the helmet and shield I modified on mine.

So here it is.

Since of course I am the Bat, so my house is always dark with a dimmer light.... pardon the yellowish tone to the quick pictures I took.

Enjoy it anyway !

IMG_6482.jpg

IMG_6483.jpg

IMG_6481.jpg

WOW! Fantastic job on the shield and helmet! :rock :rock

Was the baby room, being converted into my collection room starting next week with the paint going up first, can't wait.

picture.php

Looking good, Jye! :D

Cool video! :rock

I bought the New Goblin body for Captain America, is the same but the arms aren't muscular so I guess it'll have more mobility

Got my Captain America today. :yess: I was never a fan, never read the comic books, or anything. I knew who he was, but just never paid any attention to him. The first time I saw Caps in action was in one of the avengers animated movie a few years ago. I just love the new movie. My figure is fine except for a slightly rotated star, but no big deal. I just love how HT makes the suit looks worn at the edges. I googled for a picture of the new suit, never liked what I saw, and preordered this one. I am glad I did, this one is a definite keeper.

Back