Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recommend swapping out the body if you can. The body he comes with has muscle body arms attached to an ordinary truetype torso. The arms offer limited articulation, they look nice but really whats the point on this figure as you don't see his arms??

What body do you recommend? I am tempted to try it.

The muscle arms just limit elbow movement, not shoulder...

It also limits the shoulders due to how tight the sleeves are over the muscle arms. I can barely get the arms straight in front of the figure let alone up to or above the shoulders and I have freed the shoulder pads.

I would switch the body if I could figure out how to get the top off without feeling like I was going to break the shoulders on the body.

6645846929_499f3727ed_b.jpg
[/url]

6645847163_db49224f79_b.jpg

6645847675_d4d36f3a5a_b.jpg

Awesome! Out with it, kanine. How did you get Cap to do those poses?!?

It also limits the shoulders due to how tight the sleeves are over the muscle arms. I can barely get the arms straight in front of the figure let alone up to or above the shoulders and I have freed the shoulder pads.

I would switch the body if I could figure out how to get the top off without feeling like I was going to break the shoulders on the body.

It was really tough when I did it. Even with the glue broken loose on the shoulder pads still is a _____ with those shoulders.

Awesome! Out with it, kanine. How did you get Cap to do those poses?!?

It's not that hard, you have to seperate the gluded shoulder pads from the sleeves. I rotated the arms within the sleeves, just try not to rotate the sleeves either since it will pull on the shoulder straps. It might make it easier if you pull out the lower arms and just rotate the upper arms.

The uniform is not that restricting once you seperate the glued shoulder parts, just have to be very gentle and careful when you rotate his arms because of the uniform.

Thanks kanine. I'm not sure I'll go as far as ungluing the shoulder pads, but I think rotating the arms and keeping the sleeves in place is sound advice.

And I like Robbie's solution best of all! ;) There was absolutely no reason for HT to use the muscle arms on Cap. I don't buy that baloney they said that Cap filled in the uniform better with the muscle arms. Robbie's is proof that Cap looks awesome in a non-muscled TT.

Picking up mine at CSC today. Damm I was gonna calle right after work to cancell my PO. Need to see it infront of me to judge it. If not then ill sell it back

I'm working on my Howling Commandos to display with my Cap, Lucky Jim is almost done, then Bucky, Dum Dum and Union Jack.

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

I needs some ideas for the HS for Bucky and Dum Dum, thanks.

Oh yeah that's a great issue, Caps 1st encounter with the Hand, some of the 1st looks into Wolverine's past. Plus Jim Lee's outstanding artwork, it's still one of my favorite issues of X-Men.

Oh yeah that's a great issue, Caps 1st encounter with the Hand, some of the 1st looks into Wolverine's past. Plus Jim Lee's outstanding artwork, it's still one of my favorite issues of X-Men.

LOL

Yeah! The HAND versus Wolverine and Captain America. Sweet. I took that cover down cause I thought people would bomb on that.

Yeah, that's Lee at his FINEST; his best!

Although the underlying body is restrictive I'm finding that the most restrictive part is the outfit. Not all of it but the shoulder-pads. The material over the shoulders is very stiff. It's kind of like when you buy leather basketball shoes and it takes some time to break them in. Although I don't think this material will give over time.

Back