Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Independence Day weekend all!

Attachments

• IMG_9026.jpeg
    IMG_9026.jpeg
    276 KB · Views: 76
Big bump. After getting in Endgame Captain America, I finally got a new shield for him. This one has been flaking for quite a few years.

95C1F9DE-10C3-44AC-BF6E-51D5D55CC569.jpeg

Decided to give him the Endgame shield and I think it looks great with him!

A93DD385-20EA-44A4-972C-6352BB46D9A6.jpeg

Had this guy for close to ten years now. Outside the shield flaking and the glue drying up on the pouches causing them to flap open (very easy fix), Cap has held up extremely well for me. Still quite happy with him.

Big bump. After getting in Endgame Captain America, I finally got a new shield for him. This one has been flaking for quite a few years.

View attachment 554243

Decided to give him the Endgame shield and I think it looks great with him!

View attachment 554244

Had this guy for close to ten years now. Outside the shield flaking and the glue drying up on the pouches causing them to flap open (very easy fix), Cap has held up extremely well for me. Still quite happy with him.
It's a great figure. I have the same flaking shield, so I bought the below By Art metal shield on eBay, as the bullet marks really make it look like he's been battling through WWII.

1641454459808.png

I spray coated my shield as soon as I got the figure (with the occasional re-coat), and it's held up fairly well. However, I gave it to my Stealth Cap figure while this Cap has the BD shield from the first Avengers figure. I'm more than happy with it, but I do like the bullet marks on the third party shield.

My shield is flaked even worse. I need to pick up a new shield for him as well.

Figure wise, it holds up if you have it displayed among other TFA figures. Outside of that, it looks outdated imo. The one that I personally still holds up regardless is the Rescue Version, mainly due to its unique, intricate design. I think the likeness is really good also though and I really dig the WWII look with the bomber jacket and bucket helmet. If I could have only one TFA Cap, I might even venture to say that’s the look I’d prefer.

I spray coated my shield as soon as I got the figure (with the occasional re-coat), and it's held up fairly well. However, I gave it to my Stealth Cap figure while this Cap has the BD shield from the first Avengers figure. I'm more than happy with it, but I do like the bullet marks on the third party shield.
A stupid question I know but I’m curious what do you spray with?

Figure wise, it holds up if you have it displayed among other TFA figures. Outside of that, it looks outdated imo. The one that I personally still holds up regardless is the Rescue Version, mainly due to its unique, intricate design. I think the likeness is really good also though and I really dig the WWII look with the bomber jacket and bucket helmet. If I could have only one TFA Cap, I might even venture to say that’s the look I’d prefer.
Yea, when I was comparing TFA to Endgame Cap I could tell a bit. Still like him though. I have TFA Cap displayed with Rescue Version. The rescue is my probably my favorite MCU Cap design in general, just really like the WWII look.

I modded mine with a larger body, and other than still being a bit short, it displays well with newer figures (Winter Soldier, diecast IM). Rescue is a really cool look, and I almost picked it up a few times. I just happen to like the final TFA Cap look more (the functional red chest straps always get me).

A stupid question I know but I’m curious what do you spray with?
Not stupid at all- Tamiya TS-79 semi-gloss. At one point, there was a tutorial video on Youtube on how to spray coat the shield, but I wasn't able to find it the last time I looked (it might possibly be somewhere further back in this thread).

I modded mine with a larger body, and other than still being a bit short, it displays well with newer figures (Winter Soldier, diecast IM). Rescue is a really cool look, and I almost picked it up a few times. I just happen to like the final TFA Cap look more (the functional red chest straps always get

The red straps on TFA suit have always appealed to me also, for the same reason you said with the way the design blends in with the functionality as opposed to simply being design.

Back