Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont think anyone has expressed sincere "outrage" over the shield.
It's hard to be upset with HT over anything having to do with this figure, its just so damn stunning overall.
It really is a marvel of 1/6th craftsmanship. To be able to pull off that real world costume at this scale is a testament to HT's artists.
I think it actually looks better overall than the screen version :cuckoo:
It almost borders on ingratitude to take issue with the shield but it does indeed seem to be on the small side.
It also seems like a fairly easy fix comparatively speaking, given how intricate the rest of the figure is.

The real mind boggler is that the Indy figure had so many issues and that was a 1/3 of the complexity of this figure easily.:dunno
I think some are genuinely outraged by any PS manipulation or whatever at this point, and there's a reason for it in general, but that kind of thing often seems to drive threads off track more than the photo manips themselves do IMO.

As for ingratitude, I guess I don't see it the same way. Like I said before, I'm perfectly happy with the figure in these pics. But HT is a company taking our money. They aren't doing it out of altruism. Not that I will necessarily, but I figure I've got a right to complain about/not buy DX Indy, this, or whatever without worrying about it being perceived as ingratitude by Hot Toys.

The peni$ bulge on the picture from the movie is much bigger than the peni$ bulge on the figure . . . it almost looks like the figure has no peni$ at all . . which would just be upsetting . . .

:slap Crap And the sole purpse of me buying this figure was to look at his schlong. Total pass for me unless they fix this.:gah: lol

Pass due to lack of head sculpt. Buying multiple figures to get the head sculpt you want does not fly at this price point IMO. Buetiful figure though.

I'm happy this thread is mostly positive. This figure was as big a deal to me as Superman is for some of you guys. Cap was my first hero and still a favorite.

Shield is undersized? Maybe, but not conclusively based on a couple of photos. At 1/6 scale, in real life, will it be noticeable? Not enough for me to worry about. Obviously the critiques haven't gotten out of hand but they will. I think Devil666 put it best.

rainmancollectors.jpg

Whatever. If it makes people happy to make lines and do calculations to ascertain the inaccuracies, go for it.

The "I expect perfection for $200" line always cracks me up though. :rotfl

So with the nameplateg saying "hero costume" does that pretty much confirm another outfit in the works? I'm not sure what all he wears in the film as I've not looked at any of the designs. Can't say I'm a fan of this look so I'm hoping for something a little more WWII looking.

Yeah, his other primary looks (apparently) are a USO outfit that looks a bit silly, "as if it was the comic version brought to life," the other is the USO shirt over some brown pants and jacket, with a regular GI's helmet painted blue with an A on it. He uses the golden age styled shield with the other looks.

If it makes people happy to make lines and do calculations to ascertain the inaccuracies, go for it.

The "I expect perfection for $200" line always cracks me up though. :rotfl

I wholeheartedly agree, if a person wants to, IMO, waste their time...then more power to them. Knock yourself out. :wave

I also get a good laugh when I see the "I expect perfection for the price I pay" line also. :lol

Anyway...this is an awesome figure and I can't wait to pre-order it! :yess:

I think some are genuinely outraged by any PS manipulation or whatever at this point, and there's a reason for it in general, but that kind of thing often seems to drive threads off track more than the photo manips themselves do IMO.

As for ingratitude, I guess I don't see it the same way. Like I said before, I'm perfectly happy with the figure in these pics. But HT is a company taking our money. They aren't doing it out of altruism. Not that I will necessarily, but I figure I've got a right to complain about/not buy DX Indy, this, or whatever without worrying about it being perceived as ingratitude by Hot Toys.

HT artists must be masters of the face palm. :lol
I guess it comes with the territory of being at the top of the heap of a group of companies that caters to minutiae obsessed fanboy collectors.
A consumer demographic thats notoriously vocal when displeased (which is more often than not). HT is a victim of their own success.
They reap the attaboys and accolades when a figure like Capt America is previewed but have their cyber walls stormed by enraged masses
bearing photoshopped evidence when an Indiana Jones is revealed. But to HT's credit they say they do appreciate most of the feedback.
It does seem to result in a better product which in turn keeps them on top and solvent.

So that said.....

Fix the friggin shield!!!

Thanks HT :wink1:

HT artists must be masters of the face palm. :lol
I guess it comes with the territory of being at the top of the heap of a group of companies that caters to minutiae obsessed fanboy collectors.
A consumer demographic thats notoriously vocal when displeased (which is more often than not). HT is a victim of their own success.
They reap the attaboys and accolades when a figure like Capt America is previewed but have their cyber walls stormed by enraged masses
bearing photoshopped evidence when an Indiana Jones is revealed. But to HT's credit they say they do appreciate most of the feedback.
It does seem to result in a better product which in turn keeps them on top and solvent.

So that said.....

Fix the friggin shield!!!

Thanks HT :wink1:

Lame fanboys!!!

Perfection? Yes, absolutely; without a doubt! But wasn't DX Joker perfect too? I feel that somehow the hype and anticipation around the figures to be relesed gives them the status of 'by-far-this-is-the-Best-HT-figure' status. Guess the moment of truth for HT figures is the day we see the pics on the forum and not when we recieve them in the mail. Nevertheless, this is B-E-A-UTIFUL and has to be owned!

And, we already have people on the eerieBay selling it for a decent(?) price! What's up with that? Looking at this, guess it will be between Spidey's and Sweeney's price range!

https://cgi.ebay.com/1-6-Hot-Toys-Captain-America-First-Avenger-Pre-/190547903646?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5d8a449e

If this truly is going for Thor price then it's going to be tough to pass up?! With the amazing work HT is doing right now and the volume they are putting out new figures... I really have to be specific with my purchases. This "hobby" could be my financial downfall!!

It looks awesome, and i'll preorder it for sure. I'd love to see a larger shield, and honestly the way they designed the head its clearly meant to LOOK like the cowl is a separate piece and knowing HT it is a separate piece, so i think they could have done it removable with a hair piece to go on the head for unmasked cap. Little disappointed he doesn't have that but still awesome.

If they fix the shield thats fine otherwise I'm quite happy with it as is and won't complain about it at all if they don't.

Back