Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look, I agree with you guys that the figure looks awesome as is, and I would be thrilled if the figure came out just like he looks in these pics. But it doesn't hurt anything to notice and report a few tweaks IMO. . .until we start getting pages and pages focused on photoshop mods, petitions, polls, etc., I think we might be jumping the gun with the outrage over a pic showing that the shield is too small :peace

And yeah, I know I've contributed to the ridicule in some way. . .damn my conflicting roles!

DEVIL666...assemble!

assemble-thumb-100x100-119314.gif

The peni$ bulge on the picture from the movie is much bigger than the peni$ bulge on the figure . . . it almost looks like the figure has no peni$ at all . . which would just be upsetting . . .

If they don't fix that it'll be an easy pass for me. I'm not stuffing anymore of my figures' crotches.

Sideshow Exclusive

Awesome!!!! :clap

Probably Angelica from Pirates, one of the Sucker Punch chicks and hopefully Solid Snake :pray:

That's right. Angelica, for sure. Maybe Cannibal Jack also since they have shown the throne. Sucker Punch would be a good guess too. Now that Cap is out my year can be complete as I can pass on any of those others.

Solid Snake should be a VGS release and a must buy for me as well though. I already have 8 figures on PO, not counting Cap. I could use a breather.:monkey4

Look, I agree with you guys that the figure looks awesome as is, and I would be thrilled if the figure came out just like he looks in these pics. But it doesn't hurt anything to notice and report a few tweaks IMO. . .until we start getting pages and pages focused on photoshop mods, petitions, polls, etc., I think we might be jumping the gun with the outrage over a pic showing that the shield is too small :peace

And yeah, I know I've contributed to the ridicule in some way. . .damn my conflicting roles!

I just don't want that type of crap to get started, IMO it's silly and borders on OCD...so I do like Barney Fife...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqEIt-rQqbM"]YouTube - ‪Barney Fife - Nip It5.flv‬‏[/ame]​

That's right. Angelica, for sure. Maybe Cannibal Jack also since they have shown the throne. Sucker Punch would be a good guess too. Now that Cap is out my year can be complete as I can pass on any of those others.

Solid Snake should be a VGS release and a must buy for me as well though. I already have 8 figures on PO, not counting Cap. I could use a breather.:monkey4

ah true, forgot they classfied the film and video game releases differently

:yess::yess:$169.99 for this is awesome. $152.99 at AE:yess::yess: That's good pricing HT's, Thank you.....

I dont think anyone has expressed sincere "outrage" over the shield.
It's hard to be upset with HT over anything having to do with this figure, its just so damn stunning overall.
It really is a marvel of 1/6th craftsmanship. To be able to pull off that real world costume at this scale is a testament to HT's artists.
I think it actually looks better overall than the screen version :cuckoo:
It almost borders on ingratitude to take issue with the shield but it does indeed seem to be on the small side.
It also seems like a fairly easy fix comparatively speaking, given how intricate the rest of the figure is.

The real mind boggler is that the Indy figure had so many issues and that was a 1/3 of the complexity of this figure easily.:dunno

Back