Hot Toys - MMS149 - Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street: Sweeney Todd

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man the MMS/regular sculpted/painted eyes look so much more realistic than the DX PERS.

This is something I noticed as well.

I haven't seen this movie, but I may have to watch it. I really like this sculpt. It is absolutely fantastic. I think it would also be a great display to have all of the Johnny figures they are going to make, including the DX Sparrow. With that being said, I don't really want to have a figure of a character I am entirely unfamiliar with so I better do something about that.

Willy Wonka or the Mad Hatter would probably both be great choices for the next figure, with the Mad Hatter being the more ideal one. With that being said, it would be somewhat of a shame if they just did him and no one else from Alice.

Quarter 3 is going to kill my wallet.

-DX Indiana Jones
-DX Jack Sparrow
-Spiderman
-Sweeney Todd

damn.

I think this is a real problem right now with how they are handling their figures. They have announced so many licenses and figures that have little to no coverage or aren't even in the works yet, but then they turn around and announce these new figures and have them come out within months of announcement. It's crazy, but the timing is what makes it so ridiculous. I don't think they need to slow down per say, but they need to spread out their releases. Keep making figures constantly. I like the idea of there being a lot of great Hot Toys coming out because there's no way you'll like everyone or be familiar with every single character so it's good to spread them out so that one guy buys a figure this month and maybe three months from then and such.

But flooding the quarters isn't the way to go, especially when the DX Jack Sparrow, one of their most expensive at retail, is coming out likely within a month or two. It's just too much. And the worst part is what happens with the aftermarket. I can't wait for these like I can with most Japanese figures. These ones, unless they were real shelf warmers, vanish from retailers and start going on Ebay for ridiculous prices.

I shouldn't be punished because I wanted too much and couldn't afford it at the time.

Dammmit, Q3 is gonna KILL ME!!!. I'm finding a reason not to buy this figure, but it looks impressive and I'm not a Johnny Depp fan nor the movie fan, it's the quality that is tempting me...

Don't do it Cheung! Join with me instead in not submitting to quality alone - we must take a stand against pure awesomeness, lest our 1/6 dollars be prematurely consumed!

TBH the only reasons I can find to not buy this figure are similar to yours - haven't seen the movie, not a huge Depp fan - and yet these reasons almost don't seem enough when I look at those sweet pics...

Heh. Decided to cancel something else to afford this one. Freaking amazing. Have been waiting for this one for a while.

AmiAmi has it up for $250. They are always quite a bit more expensive than the US retailers like Slideshow, but I doubt the difference would be over seventy at the absolute most so I think this is going to be quite the expensive figure.

Damn, I hate working a minimum wage job, between this, the tracker and the original predator I finally got hold of I'm going to have to live off bread and water.

I think this is a real problem right now with how they are handling their figures. They have announced so many licenses and figures that have little to no coverage or aren't even in the works yet, but then they turn around and announce these new figures and have them come out within months of announcement. It's crazy, but the timing is what makes it so ridiculous. I don't think they need to slow down per say, but they need to spread out their releases. Keep making figures constantly. I like the idea of there being a lot of great Hot Toys coming out because there's no way you'll like everyone or be familiar with every single character so it's good to spread them out so that one guy buys a figure this month and maybe three months from then and such.

But flooding the quarters isn't the way to go, especially when the DX Jack Sparrow, one of their most expensive at retail, is coming out likely within a month or two. It's just too much. And the worst part is what happens with the aftermarket. I can't wait for these like I can with most Japanese figures. These ones, unless they were real shelf warmers, vanish from retailers and start going on Ebay for ridiculous prices.

I shouldn't be punished because I wanted too much and couldn't afford it at the time.

HT could have been working on these before they announced other licenses.

okay for some reason I can't embed youtube anymore....

I think you just need to copy the adress of the particular youtube page and post it as a URL...

Darklord Dave did it in the Thor thread...

Test:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paVqecUrwW8&feature=fvst"]YouTube - Sweeney Todd Trailer HD (2007)[/ame]

This looks amazing but easy pass for me

The only figure I would pick up is Willy Wonka! I would love to see them do that :pray:

Back