Hot Toys MMS146- Thor (Chris Hemsworth) 1/6 Limited Edition Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting for Hot Toys is getting to be a habit. Ghost Rider, Spiderman (which was advertized before Thor), Thor and Odin. Not to mention no pre-view of Capt. America, the wait doesn't generation excitment; for me only aggrevation.

quoted from reviews:

on the other hand, i still think cap's costume looks like pijama.

Didn't you comment that Spider-man's costume looked like PJ's also? I think the Cap's costume is awesome and nowhere near PJ like.

Can't wait for this figure, but Cap is killing me with the wait.

I guess if Thor and Odin sell, Hot Toys may consider making Loki next, as that seems to be the logical runner up.

Saying "Hot Toys" and "logical" in the same sentence doesn't sound right. :thud:

Yea, I will be very disappointed if we do not get a Loki figure from this line.

I really can't wait for this one and Odin. Odin is probably my most anticipated Q2 Hot Toys release. I'm really liking the design of the film, it fits the Marvel Movie Universe, but still looks semi-realistic as well.

Didn't you comment that Spider-man's costume looked like PJ's also? I think the Cap's costume is awesome and nowhere near PJ like.

you confused me with someone else. spidey's fine. cap's look like a pj(or maybe a bed cover, take your pick). exhibit A:

Captain-America.jpg

what's the point of getting your actor to look like this:

chris-evans-shirtless-captain-america-490x363.jpg

if you're just going to cover him with baggy unflattering bed cover? and cap's costume is essentially the american flag, thus always red white and blue. so wtf is that distractingly dull grey doing on the costume??? i'm sorry, but anyone who thinks the cap's costume is fine, shouldnt go into designing anything.

when it comes to superhero costume, "functionality" should take a back seat to looking cool on the screen. that's what counts the most. everything else the filmmakers can rationalize it in the script. you might think dark knight's costume look functional and practical, design wise, but that costume was still a pain in the butt for the actor to put on and move around in.

now, this cap costume might look comfy for the actor(and i think it does), but design wise it's way too busy, with lines and straps all over the place. sometimes simpler is better.

like i said, it's basically the american flag - red white blue, and some stars. that should be it. get rid of the quilt like pattern and busy lines. and for pete's sake, complement the hardwork the actor put in the gym with tighter costume.

I love the costume. I just hope this figure come with two head sculpts.

Cap's costume looks good for that era, whatever that means. But I do think it looks fine.

I just hope that HT can translate that look into a figure that is appealing and not just screen accurate.

Thor + Odin= Loki ;)

Surely Loki deserves a figure release..especially as a major character similiar to Whiplash ala IM2.

Yeah me too, the costume looks awesome if you ask me and wouldn't change a thing.

I think the Cap Costume looks awesome. I like how its more Ultimates style versus regular style. This is the figure I am looking forward to.

Didn't the Cheesy Cap movie that came out years ago looks classic style and have rubber ears? and some people want that? good luck!

I think the Cap Costume looks awesome. I like how its more Ultimates style versus regular style. This is the figure I am looking forward to.

Didn't the Cheesy Cap movie that came out years ago looks classic style and have rubber ears? and some people want that? good luck!

unanimous love for the cap's costume. why am i not surprised? it's been proven time and time again i cant trust anyone's eye in this site but my own.

btw, that cheesy cap movie were made cheap and for tv. this current version is a studio backed $150 mil production for the big screen. so if you think that is the best designed cap costume the money can buy, you're just not aiming high enough.

unanimous love for the cap's costume. why am i not surprised? it's been proven time and time again i cant trust anyone's eye in this site but my own.

btw, that cheesy cap movie were made cheap and for tv. this current version is a studio backed $150 mil production for the big screen. so if you think that is the best designed cap costume the money can buy, you're just not aiming high enough.

It's certainly not the best money can buy.
Having said that, it's certainly not as bad as you're making it out to be either.

that's the thing with aiming high...your expectations will never be met. I've learned to accept movie costumes, whether good or bad, because studios never really listen to fans inputs on them and until I can be in a position to make those decisions, I'll only pay mind to the ones I do like this here Thor and Cap designs, and ignore the ones I dislike like most movie's involving Wolverine:lol Unless it's your mission to just keep reminding everyone and in that case, you may proceed:wink1:

And can we try to keep this about Thor? I really thought I was in the Cap thread.....in Aug. 2010 with all this costume talk still:lol

unanimous love for the cap's costume. why am i not surprised? it's been proven time and time again i cant trust anyone's eye in this site but my own. btw, that cheesy cap movie were made cheap and for tv. this current version is a studio backed $150 mil production for the big screen. so if you think that is the best designed cap costume the money can buy, you're just not aiming high enough.

Good for you, give yourself a big pat on the back.

Back