Hot Toys MMS146- Thor (Chris Hemsworth) 1/6 Limited Edition Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't even look at this figure because it looks so good with that mod. Alas, I have neither the skill nor the courage to attempt any alterations to my figures. Well done.

If you want you can get the stuff and I'll do it for you, no cost. Unless you want to drop off in person then you can buy me a beer and wait while I do the mod.

If you want you can get the stuff and I'll do it for you, no cost. Unless you want to drop off in person then you can buy me a beer and wait while I do the mod.

That's a sweet offer right there!

Just curious though why would people completely mod out the old with new armor, body and even head sculpt instead of just buying the avengers version??

Is it cheaper to just mod the original?? It seems like after getting all the parts you would end up paying more to mod then if u just sold the original (at a loss even) and just buy the avengers one.

If you have parts just lying around I get it, but u still have to buy the avengers version parts

Just curious though why would people completely mod out the old with new armor, body and even head sculpt instead of just buying the avengers version??

Is it cheaper to just mod the original?? It seems like after getting all the parts you would end up paying more to mod then if u just sold the original (at a loss even) and just buy the avengers one.

If you have parts just lying around I get it, but u still have to buy the avengers version parts

It was cheaper for me to replace certain parts as i love the helmet on my Thor and i'm not keen on him without a helmet on.

Most just replaced the silver chest armour which cost not a lot to do, the rest is still the old Thor body, head, clothing and all.

It was cheaper for me to replace certain parts as i love the helmet on my Thor and i'm not keen on him without a helmet on.

Most just replaced the silver chest armour which cost not a lot to do, the rest is still the old Thor body, head, clothing and all.

Ya that makes sense.

I've heard the helmet fits over the new avengers head sculpt. Pretty cool if that is the case

I modded my Thor tonight using the new vest and arm sleeves from the new Thor, and it is such a great improvement. Considering that I like the likeness of this Thor better, and considering that Thor needs his helmet on my display, this is a better option for me than buying the new Avengers version. . .just hoping I can keep fighting that urge to pick up the new one anyway so I'll have separate pre-Avengers and Avengers displays for these guys.

so the old Thor body will still look good with the new Thor arm sleeve armor? If it does, then I would be very tempted to do that mod (not myself cause I suck, I may have to take Steve74 up on his offer)
BTW, Steve74 is a very trustworthy guy. He did my Thor helmet mod for me after I screwed it up myself the first time. Great guy right there. And your new Thor mod looks fantastic!

so the old Thor body will still look good with the new Thor arm sleeve armor?

See for yourself:

130223042602399350.jpg

The mod isn't very hard to do. You just have to use a little elbow grease to pull the sleeves way up the arm. Like YB said, there is a hidden seam that is glued along the back left side of the armor. You pry it off, take off the armor, remove the stock sleeve/shirt, put on the new Thor sleeves and vest on top of it, put the armor back on, and reglue. I didn't actually re-glue mine, because the cape hides where the seam was unglued, but I may eventually.

Yeah, old Thor looks so nice with the new sleeves. The only thing I haven't figured out how to do is fix the weak ankles. I thought about trying Avengers Thor shoes on original Thor to see if it makes a difference, but haven't tried it yet. Those weak ankles are my white whale....

You considered putting a coat of fingernail polish or hot glue on the foot peg, letting it dry, and then re-applying the shoes? That's a trick I use for loose necks.

I did that on the ball that plugs into the leg and it didn't help, but I think I may need to try that on the ball that plugs into the shoe.

Updated mine... Helmet mod, elevated cheat armor and repaint the arms to metallic silver...
Thanks all for the tips :)

IMG_9237_zpse885082b.jpg

I like that mod even better than using the molded rubber Avengers arm sleeves. Looks more natural.

I painted my original Thor armor silver quite a while ago, and can say for certain that the Avengers armor sleeves are a much bigger improvement for the figure. The original armor looks like sweater sleeves in comparison.

Back