Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to everyone posting inspiring photos of this figure. One came up for sale last night and it should be with me shortly. While I have no love for the movies, especially the horrid third, I've always loved the character and IMO, this is the best 1/6th representation. While ASM2 has a more classic-styled costume I prefer, I just can't get on-board with the scrawny movie characterization, nor the minuscule figure Hot Toys produced. So this is going to be my generic 1/6 Spidey and I hope to have him crawling the wall and swinging from shelf to shelf by the end of the month.

Thanks to everyone posting inspiring photos of this figure. One came up for sale last night and it should be with me shortly. While I have no love for the movies, especially the horrid third, I've always loved the character and IMO, this is the best 1/6th representation. While ASM2 has a more classic-styled costume I prefer, I just can't get on-board with the scrawny movie characterization, nor the minuscule figure Hot Toys produced. So this is going to be my generic 1/6 Spidey and I hope to have him crawling the wall and swinging from shelf to shelf by the end of the month.

He really is a great figure, my first HT personally. And that's cool if you never liked the movies that's why there is something for everybody! I happen to love the first and second Spider Man with Tobey (I'll agree with you on the third one lol) so this was a must for me. Here's a pic I just took at my desk in my office. Just reposed him with the diorama base and the dynamic stand. I just love the flexibility of the figure to do whatever. And the suit is top notch no fears of tearing or anything. And as far as a quintessential Spider-Man figure in my opinion also yes this is it. Enjoy the figure!

Spidey.jpg

I'm somewhat out of shelf space, so I'm leaning toward putting him near the edge of a door frame shooting a web to one of my cabinets, in a pose similar to this (composited image made with Sideshow's statue)

spider-pose.jpg

Great figure. Congrats! I'm sure you are aware of his issues. Make sure you check the ankles thoroughly. Sometimes the ankle peg pops out and sometimes the ankle piece is just broken inside. If you have one with neither of these issues you done good!

I am getting this figure on Tuesday. I am looking forward to it, will try to post a couple pics.

Like pixelpiper I come to get now a figure from 2011. After some time considering to get this or another figures, being a big Spidey fan, and only with a Black Spidey Bowen statue in my collection, I had to jump on this one. Red and blue, and maybe the most posable figure in my collection.

I really disliked the 2 new movies, and felt like needed a red and blue Spidey, so this was the figure for me.

Jedjim.... thank you for all. Will try to follow your advice and don't mess with ankles, or pegs!

Great figure. Congrats! I'm sure you are aware of his issues. Make sure you check the ankles thoroughly. Sometimes the ankle peg pops out and sometimes the ankle piece is just broken inside. If you have one with neither of these issues you done good!

I would second this. I purchased one MISB back in 2013 but the ankles came already broken, while everything else was brand new.

Had to return it in the end, which was quite disappointing considering the figure itself was fantastic.

It suffers from weak ankles and is hard to pose without a stand. Sometimes it's just the weak ankles sometimes it's a bigger problem with the ankles.

Lionel trains make a couple real good train dio pieces that pose really well with any of the Spider-Man figures. I'm working on a statue of an in motion spidey and I'm going to use the Lionel pieces in it. But they work for the hot toys figures to. They are not perfect in scale but not so far off its a big deal. And easily to mod if you want.

image.jpg

I'm sorry I only got the time to open the -wonderful- box and check the figure quickly, throw one simple pose.

Great feeling. I should have got this one a long time ago.

:clap

Looks great on the shelf!

If you ever try to put him in a dynamic pose remember the legs will stretch nicely but be mindful of the costume around the groin area. Man that sounds weird. You can manipulate the legs even better when you press the fabric close to the groin.

There seems to be a really strong seam between the legs which is a good thing but makes it difficult to stretch the legs. Just something to keep in mind. Otherwise he looks like he has a load in his pants. Doh!

I put a few earth magnets in the foot pads on mine so he could hang upside down. I had a lot of fun with mine when I first got it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439987449.733517.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439987460.890866.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439987472.677337.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439987491.387923.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439987500.559279.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439987510.982392.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439987519.634847.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439987535.325924.jpg

Very creative Jedijim. I wanted to do this but didnt have enough guts to do so.

I've got this figure and the Black suit Spider-man 3 figures for sale if anyone's interested. $300 for both.

That's a pretty cool idea jedijim :clap You glued those on?

I actually popped the foot pads off and drilled a hole large enough to accommodate the magnets so they were flush. Then glued them in. I should probably paint them red to they are more inconspicuous.

Very creative Jedijim. I wanted to do this but didnt have enough guts to do so.

I've got this figure and the Black suit Spider-man 3 figures for sale if anyone's interested. $300 for both.

Thanks. Wow! Great price! Someone should hop on that. Great deal.

Back