Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only thing you have to worry about is the pegs. You can pose the shyyt out of this figure without worry. Don't listen to horror stories.

So i got the figure yesterday and i need some help :(

I don't know if i'm being paranoid but i have a feeling the right ankle might be broken. I bought it and supposed to be new but i can tell it's been opened.

I can stand him up without the base but it takes a few tries to get him to stand or he'll fall forward. Can he stand easily on his own? If the knees are straight he'll fall straight down every time.

Also when i move the left ankle up and down it's stiffer and when i move the right ankle it's more "bendy" for lack of a better word.

I really need to know if it's broken as i don't want to be out $260 and will have to take it up with the seller but if it's not then the fact it's been opened doesn't bother me that much. Can anyone advise who has this please?

Mine stands flat on his feet with no base just fine and i know mine has no broken ankle peg so... If yours falls foward easy with out work it could be a lose or broken ankle peg...

Thanks for the reply. Looks just as I feared

Does he stand even when the knees are dead straight?

So i got the figure yesterday and i need some help :(

I don't know if i'm being paranoid but i have a feeling the right ankle might be broken. I bought it and supposed to be new but i can tell it's been opened.

I can stand him up without the base but it takes a few tries to get him to stand or he'll fall forward. Can he stand easily on his own? If the knees are straight he'll fall straight down every time.

Also when i move the left ankle up and down it's stiffer and when i move the right ankle it's more "bendy" for lack of a better word.

I really need to know if it's broken as i don't want to be out $260 and will have to take it up with the seller but if it's not then the fact it's been opened doesn't bother me that much. Can anyone advise who has this please?

Hey man did the seller state it was brand new unopened? You said u could tell it was open so I'm assuming so...if thats the case the seller probably tryin to pull a fast one. Send it back asap to the seller that ankle sounds broken from ur description. Sorry dude :( besides the situation at hand What do think of ole Spidey? Awesome suit right?

Hey man did the seller state it was brand new unopened? You said u could tell it was open so I'm assuming so...if thats the case the seller probably tryin to pull a fast one. Send it back asap to the seller that ankle sounds broken from ur description. Sorry dude :( besides the situation at hand What do think of ole Spidey? Awesome suit right?

Love the figure, apart from the ankle issue. Really cool to have a Spidey in my collection and now want, no NEED the black suit! One small thing i noticed is the different color of red of the mask from the rest of the body but it's minor. Thanks for recommending it.

As for my problem. The seller came through with what i thought was a fair partial refund. Yes i'm really annoyed about the issue with the ankle but considering i can get him to stand with a bit of posing, not to mention using the stand it made more sense just to keep it. After watching an unboxing video i'm also not 100% sure it had been opened.

I read in this part of the thread a fix for the issue might be possible so i've sent Barry a PM to see if it might be something he could do as i have no clue on this sort of thing.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86679&page=771

Hi, mine had a broken ankle so I pulled the boot off carefully, then peeled off the suit boot to expose the rubber boot inside. You then have to get a scalpel & cut the rubber away from the sole carefully. Peel back the rubber to get to the broken part. Super glue it together, then push ball joint back in but be careful not to break what you just glued. I re-enforced mine with cello tape. Then push boot back & re glue to sole. Slip boot back on and retack inplace. push boot back on - done! It's not as firm as the other ankle but 100% better that it was. A bit fiddly but you'll get there if you take your time. Good luck.

Maybe a stupid question but does the boot come off without cutting the suit?

Yes it does. You have to kind of wiggle and pull the calf at the same time. It will separate just below the knee where the suit and boot come together.

Love the figure, apart from the ankle issue. Really cool to have a Spidey in my collection and now want, no NEED the black suit! One small thing i noticed is the different color of red of the mask from the rest of the body but it's minor. Thanks for recommending it.

As for my problem. The seller came through with what i thought was a fair partial refund. Yes i'm really annoyed about the issue with the ankle but considering i can get him to stand with a bit of posing, not to mention using the stand it made more sense just to keep it. After watching an unboxing video i'm also not 100% sure it had been opened.

I read in this part of the thread a fix for the issue might be possible so i've sent Barry a PM to see if it might be something he could do as i have no clue on this sort of thing.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86679&page=771

Right on! Glad u got everything worked out with the seller. And good luck on the fix!

Yes it does. You have to kind of wiggle and pull the calf at the same time. It will separate just below the knee where the suit and boot come together.

Thanks man. I'm going to try and fix it. NO IDEA what i'm doing but hoping for the best.

Anyone know where this head is from? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416305778.000126.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416305796.688179.jpg
I'd like to know where I can get one. Looks pretty awesome!!! Norman Osborne Willem Defoe. Anyone?

I know spider-man 3 isn't getting a lot of love since AMS 2 came out, but I really dig my new-to-me older figure and the overall beefier Raimi spider-man proportions. I also like that the blue spandex immediately springs back to form after extreme posing.

Some pics:

P1030472_zpscd0f91c8.jpg

P1030475_zps4c0b8e9d.jpg

Depends on your movie preference. I think ASM2 is the best as far as representation, articulation, and proportions. I have all the spidey figs and to be honest I with I could have this suit on the ASM2 body.

got it ..in term of body ASM have the better body that SM 3.... but the suit is depending on the movie preference,
someone offered me a goodprice for this fig..well if there is no issue with this spidey i will get him =)

Back