Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see this figure didn't go up in value maybe because of the amazing spider-man figure? Also noticed many are being sold off on the bay.

I see this figure didn't go up in value maybe because of the amazing spider-man figure? Also noticed many are being sold off on the bay.

It's a great figure. I see many different figures being sold on eBay, so I don't know if that's a good measurement. I could see people wanting to sell it for Amazing Spider-Man. If that thing ever comes out.

Last edited:
Ok, so here's a pic of my issue. I went to swap heads, and the head wouldn't budge of the body, but the neck peg came out of the suit. I can't get it back in, and I'm worried about damaging the suit. Is that an area where I can really stretch it so I can fit the neck peg back in?

Ok, what's the best method to get the suit over the neck peg?

It's a real pain in the *** cause the black neck pops off way too easy for my taste so I replaced it with a flesh colored one of similar shape and it stays on much better.
IMG_0051.jpg

For some reason the peg hole on the bottom is not as tight as the hole in the head.
IMG_0050.jpg

If you are determined to get the original neck back in you will continually have this problem over and over until the neck fabric starts to fray.
IMG_0053.jpg

You have to stretch the fabric open and push the front or back of the neck in then hold it with a thumb and try pushing the neck down lower as not to pop the fabric off the front.
IMG_0048.jpg

Once that's in place you pull the fabric over the back of the neck as best you can and pop the neck on in place. You may have to peel the fabric out from under the color over the neck but it will go on again. I spent an hour trying to get it back on the first couple times. Best way to combat it is hold the neck secure while popping the heads off. Not easy but if you like swapping the heads a lot it's gotta be done. I may try to come up with a magnetic solution like DX12.

Don't know how much the dodgy wrist pegs and ankles might account for buyers being reluctant to bite, but the fun factor as an owner takes a hit.

It's a real pain in the *** cause the black neck pops off way too easy for my taste so I replaced it with a flesh colored one of similar shape and it stays on much better.
IMG_0051.jpg

For some reason the peg hole on the bottom is not as tight as the hole in the head.
IMG_0050.jpg

If you are determined to get the original neck back in you will continually have this problem over and over until the neck fabric starts to fray.
IMG_0053.jpg

You have to stretch the fabric open and push the front or back of the neck in then hold it with a thumb and try pushing the neck down lower as not to pop the fabric off the front.
IMG_0048.jpg

Once that's in place you pull the fabric over the back of the neck as best you can and pop the neck on in place. You may have to peel the fabric out from under the color over the neck but it will go on again. I spent an hour trying to get it back on the first couple times. Best way to combat it is hold the neck secure while popping the heads off. Not easy but if you like swapping the heads a lot it's gotta be done. I may try to come up with a magnetic solution like DX12.

I don't swap heads that much. I just wanted to photograph him with the Parker Head sculpt.

Still trying to get the neck peg back in through the suit opening lol

I hope HT revisits this license in the future and updates it with the latest tech.

Sharing my latest photoshoot of Spidey. :)

9929522333_96d9d442ac_b.jpg

I don't swap heads that much. I just wanted to photograph him with the Parker Head sculpt.

Still trying to get the neck peg back in through the suit opening lol

You can always take the neck post out so you don't have to "pop" them on or off. Of course this leaves the head unsupported but for just taking a snap shot it makes sense.

Nice pic toyrewind!

I hope HT revisits this license in the future and updates it with the latest tech.

Sharing my latest photoshoot of Spidey. :)

9929522333_96d9d442ac_b.jpg

Now that's a great picture.

I don't know if there's that much they could actually do with the figure bar a few minor tweaks to the body..? I think the suit is lovely...fine but lovely. So what does that realistically leave? :dunno

If they did decide to revisit the classic Spidey line, I'd be more up for a Green Goblin + Glider (terrible representation of the character but it would make a kickbutt figure) or a Doc Ock with mega-articulate arms,

and a 1:6 yellow '73 Olds Delta!

That is an awesome pic toyrewind:clap:clap:clap

I took this shot the other day when reposing, I did not leave it displayed like this but I thought it looked cool enough for a pic

MMS117sideprofile005_zps7b14f8b2.jpg

MMS117sideprofile003_zpsb381d1c6.jpg

That is an awesome pic toyrewind:clap:clap:clap

I took this shot the other day when reposing, I did not leave it displayed like this but I thought it looked cool enough for a pic

MMS117sideprofile005_zps7b14f8b2.jpg

MMS117sideprofile003_zpsb381d1c6.jpg

Usually one of my pair is always south-side up!

attachment.php

It'd be great to see them revisit this in quarter. American flag-based stand, battle-damaged alternate head. Green Goblin too. Epic.

A disappointing lack of characters from them with this line. I sold my fig as I was never happy with the HS; lacked the definition of a human head underneath it to me. Tempted to pick up the black suit HT soon-ish though, as I've got ASM on the way. The tobey HS is cool on that.

Great suit work on this figure though - undeniable.

Got a new member to my spiderman group. US$16, Hasbro green goblin from my local flea market. Really hope HOT TOYS can give us a goblin. :wink1:

Some great pics floating around on the last few pages.

I'm dying for a Doc Ock. Out of all the villains from the trilogy, I was happiest with his interpretation. I know Venom's didn't live up to most people's expectations but I'd love that fig too. I don't think that I'd be able to turn down Gobby either

Back