Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish I'd picked this figure up. He's still on my 'to-get-to' list. I hoped that he included a Toby head to begin with, but the few mods on here look great.

a pic.

5d59.jpg

I have a feeling we are going to see some issues with this figure soon. Last night I looked at him. I have mine standing in a really neutral pose but was messing with him and noticed his left knee was really loose. I don't recall it being that loose when I got it.

Hot toys have a history of breaking at the knees, this happens when the rubber lining of the knee joint rots and the plastic snaps. This has happened to three or four figures including the godfather. It's never been an issue as I just take a standard TrueType and swap in a knee joint but with Spider-Man there's no way to get his suit off.

I'm worried about the longevity if this figure and its not even old.

I just purchased this figure from a fellow Freak, and I'm excited. I like Amazing Spider-Man, but this has the classic look I love. I should have him by the weekend.

Might try to get the black suit eventually too.

I just purchased this figure from a fellow Freak, and I'm excited. I like Amazing Spider-Man, but this has the classic look I love. I should have him by the weekend.

Might try to get the black suit eventually too.

Congrats! The Red Suit is really something. I just purchased the Black Suit recently and I really like it a lot as well. The Maguire sculpt makes it worth it.

I must have a childhood attachment to a blacksuited Spiderman figure because he has always seemed important. When the figure was first shown I was planning to get him but was buying too much other stuff at the time...so a lot like now really. Its just a very cool look.

I must have a childhood attachment to a blacksuited Spiderman figure because he has always seemed important. When the figure was first shown I was planning to get him but was buying too much other stuff at the time...so a lot like now really. Its just a very cool look.

I don't really remember the Black suit Spidy. During my Childhood, the main thing I remember was Maximum Carnage storyline.

Having to be so careful about the ankles - and when I say careful I mean never touching the figure - takes a bit of the gloss off this release for me.

Back