Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, just wondering, I just got this figure bnib, and it seems to have difficulty standing up straight without the stand (straight as in without bending knees or spreading the legs out wide).

Is it supposed to be that way?

I've checked the figure and there doesn't seem to be any defect; everything seems solid (except for a slightly loose left knee which, however, does not have any difficulty holding a bent pose).

Thanks in advance :)

As in a classic 'neutral' pose? Mine stands up fine.

Yeah....after spending the last 1.5 hrs looking at youtube video reviews of this figure, I finally realized that both ankles on the figure came broken...sigh :(

Hopefully my seller could come up with an amicable solution..

With all the who-ha over the HT/Medi ASM figures, size, broken shoulders,restrictive suits, silly flip flop shoes.....

I decided to buy one of these guys! Just manged to pick one up here in the UK for a reasonable price.

Now just hope the ankles aren't shot to bits!!!

With all the who-ha over the HT/Medi ASM figures, size, broken shoulders,restrictive suits, silly flip flop shoes.....

I decided to buy one of these guys! Just manged to pick one up here in the UK for a reasonable price.

I was just admiring mine the other night, you made a good choice my friend:lecture

Probably your best bet. I love mine and skipped both companies versions of ASM, but cannot wait to see what HT makes for ASM2. :yess:

Excellent choice. THis guy is Spectacular in hand:)

Probably your best bet. I love mine and skipped both companies versions of ASM, but cannot wait to see what HT makes for ASM2. :yess:

YEah me too. I pray to god the ASM2 suit comes out as good as the Spiderman 3 figures did. The material of the ASM2 suit looks closer to the SM3 material which isnt as restrictive so thats a plus. And we had better get a beefier/bigger body from HT. IF they plan on using the ASM body Im gonna flip out.:panic:

riK35Gr.jpg

a beefier/bigger body from HT. IF they plan on using the ASM body Im gonna flip out.:panic:

riK35Gr.jpg

Why?

I mean the boy has muscles, clearly, but he is never going to be like that Austrian fella. His musculature is more wiry, but still present and, from that photo alone, quite visible.

This should be reflected in any figure. The size of musculature on both the HT and the Medicom is just about right, it does not need to be any bigger really.

As an aside, I have Both the SM-III figures and I think that they are fantastic. I love the black one for the sheer bad look, and the R/B because to me, that is SPIDEY! And due to that I told myself that due to the high cost...I would not need the ASM-II costume figure.

I can see now, I was wrong. :slap

I do look forward to this figure, let's face it, it's gonna be a given that they'll make it I reckon

I just hope that in the film they try and explain how his suit has become so complex, i know that's petty but i really like it when they add a sprinkle of reality

that's what i liked about USM, they show'd that he was given the costume and so that's why it was rather nifty

Beefier bigger body? :lol

Uhhh....

Why?

I mean the boy has muscles, clearly, but he is never going to be like that Austrian fella. His musculature is more wiry, but still present and, from that photo alone, quite visible.

This should be reflected in any figure. The size of musculature on both the HT and the Medicom is just about right, it does not need to be any bigger really.

As an aside, I have Both the SM-III figures and I think that they are fantastic. I love the black one for the sheer bad look, and the R/B because to me, that is SPIDEY! And due to that I told myself that due to the high cost...I would not need the ASM-II costume figure.

Perhaps I should of used the words taller/stronger or thicker?? The ASM figure looks small as all hell. Id say 3/4 inch taller and it look way better. The slim body they used for ASM seems to be very thin and fragile. Im sure they could add some mass and not have him be overly bigger than the movie. Id rather have a less screen acurate figure and more poseable figure than a fragile broken one.:dunno

Why?

I think the medi got his frame/muscles just right
Ht version has little to no muscles, and the sp3 is too bulky IMO
Ready to see what the asm2 looks like

fa553a4dc8a1cfdf5f3d8ba20dbbfd4a.jpg

Hey guys i'm thinking of picking this one up but heard of some production flaws. Without reading through the whole thread could someone sum it up for me? If not this one does the Black version have the same problems? Thanks :wave

Black version is a tad better quality wise. But the red one is fine. (sporadic issues nothing more)

Hey guys i'm thinking of picking this one up but heard of some production flaws. Without reading through the whole thread could someone sum it up for me? If not this one does the Black version have the same problems? Thanks :wave

R&B have reported issues with broken ankles. I've owned 2 and one had this problem. As well, the red wrist pegs break quite easily if heat is not used to remove them (I learned that the hard way....twice.).

Other than that....beautiful figure and very posable.

IMO, Black suit is better quality. The material of the suit has a great texture and just seems like a stronger material. I haven't heard of any issues with the figure....and its black Spidey...so....it's awesome :lecture

R&B have reported issues with broken ankles. I've owned 2 and one had this problem. As well, the red wrist pegs break quite easily if heat is not used to remove them (I learned that the hard way....twice.).

Other than that....beautiful figure and very posable.

IMO, Black suit is better quality. The material of the suit has a great texture and just seems like a stronger material. I haven't heard of any issues with the figure....and its black Spidey...so....it's awesome :lecture

Thanks for the heads up. So it sounds like the Black costume is the one to go for if playing it safe (even though i have a slight preference for red and blue).

Black it is :hi5:

Back