Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1940.jpg

You're lucky. You got a Spidey with no forehead or chin lump.

Never mind. :wave

The way I did this wont leave any marks to the figure itself.
I used fishing line. This one holds 7.6kg and I used it as twofold. Thinking of chancing it to one that holds 14kg, but even this should hold just fine...

Haven't been following this thread very closely lately, but I know bunch of people have used the upsidedown pose.
Not sure, but I think I might be the only one to use the bootheels to further secure my figure in this pose...

I initially disliked this promo shot:

154319_466373197343_58690437343_6039728_6179539_n.jpg

thinking I wouldn't be able to get the legs together from the heel (like in the comics). Thankfully HT changed the boots before the figure came out :yess:

Spider-man.jpg

My english isn't perfect, so it's kinda hard for me to explain this, but here goes:

1. I used the web holding hands and ran the fishing line through both arms and tied a knot.

2. Then I took a small screwdriver to remove the bottom shoe covers. This reveals the cloth underneath.
Cloth has four holes on it and if you touch the heel, you will notice it is actully hollow.

3. So, I took a hard plastic tube (diameter 4mm), covered it with duck tape, to make it softer from the surface, so that it would stick to the holes better.
Then I just attached both feet together with the tubing.

4. Ran the fishing line round the tube many times over and tied knots to the fishing line all the way through to make it look more like the webbing in the comics.
And attached the line to a hook in the seeling.

So, my figure is actually supported by both, hands and feet. So there should be no worries about the wrist pegs popping off and Spidey taking a free fall... Hope this makes any sense?

- -
EDIT:
In short, kinda like this:

Spidey_blueprint_bw.jpg

:clap :rock :clap :rock :clap

hey guys, the figure looks amazing! has anyone else here ordered from Kapow toys uk and told that the boxes have been damaged on flight? the paraniod me says ive just been bumped for a prefered customer.

hey guys, the figure looks amazing! has anyone else here ordered from Kapow toys uk and told that the boxes have been damaged on flight? the paraniod me says ive just been bumped for a prefered customer.

I've ordered from Kapow Toys before and never had any problems, thats where i've preordered IM Mark V from

I've ordered from Kapow too (first time).

From the sounds of it, the shipments arrived so they should be posting pretty damn soon?

Oh wow! That pose made by elaman looks so cool and scary at the same time! :monkey1

But after explaining how he did it, looks more safer than I thought. :monkey3

Back