Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because it would be harder to do that design/color in the rubbery material used for Widow and Batman's boots, I reckon. You can clearly tell that those other figures had bendy, rubber boots in the pics. Spidey's pics make him look like they are hard plastic and, as previously mentioned, they don't bend at all in any of the promo pics even when it looks kind of silly because of it.

Maybe they will make changes, and I could be wrong, but the available evidence suggests that the boots ain't gonna allow for much ankle articulation.

its not more difficult to do that design on spideys boots. a mold is a mold just as simple as black widows, you will all see.

even if you hold up widow or bats off a shelf and bend their ankle it will bend back to normal position, this is why spideys feet look flat flying in the air, just because they ddnt SHOW one aspect of the figure doesnt mean its not there.

Re: O

Not sure how you explain this, then:

66790_466373822343_58690437343_6039747_6415604_n.jpg

But yes, it is possible that this was simply a very bizarre choice by HT to intentionally fail to demonstrate any ankle articulation, though it actually is allowed.

And I do suspect the boot made with two separate colors (Widow and Bats both are molded in a single color) would be more difficult in rubber because one of the colors would have to be painted on, which on rubber would mean a good chance of wear to the paint if it were moved around much, but I'm no rubber toy boot expert. Some of HT's muscle bodies have painted veins, etc., but not where there is much articulation (i.e., Wolverine's arms have articulation at the shoulder and elbow). Plus, the colors aren't as bright to where wear on the paint would be instantly noticeable.

i doubt there would be much wear on the silver. i do make molds, and cast, and paint figures, and im sure it would be fine. also, that pose would look alot less dynamic if the ankle was straightened out, flattening the top of his foot to the ground, i would say that was an intentional choice for the photo.

Well there is no record of HT using red rubber on anything but the dreads of the Berserker Pred. Could be the reason that they pulled the figure was because they worked out how to get a colored rubber.

hell boy IS red rubber yes. nt that the color makes ANY difference at all. the boots could be cast in any color and they would be exactly the same material/

hell boy IS red rubber yes. nt that the color makes ANY difference at all. the boots could be cast in any color and they would be exactly the same material/

I know hot toys is capable of achieving spiffy boots that bend lol one would be crazy to doubt that, all they need is a silver paint that would flex with the rubber, more than accomplishable by hots, or they could just to a rubber boot and a solid one lol

Even if they can make boots that bend they probably wouldn't be able to hold a bent position unaided surely. If we're talking rubber here.

To BISHART, you can rationalize it in a lot of different ways I suppose, but the pics give zero suggestion that the boots can bend, and they look like hard plastic. Until some reasonable bit of evidence suggests otherwise, I see no reason to assume these are similar to what Batman and Widow had. Suggesting that HT has used rubber boots in the past a couple of times, and they therefore must have used rubber boots in the prototype here (particularly when you could tell the boots were clearly rubber in the other examples you mention) just isn't a convincing argument to me.

To a-dev's post, unless you move it in an extreme position, my OC Batman's feet hold a pose when moved. DX Batman's rubber is a bit stiffer, though.

Those boots in the proto pic's are obviously solid plastic, if they were rubber there should be at least one pic suggesting it with some ankle articulation!

At this point it is what it is, just lots of speculation .... and being that we can continue making more but should really not draw any conclusion just because we pick one over another as it is in the end still just speculation
It being a prototype and it being just a boot I would throw in another speculation ...
The boot is just sculpted and when they are actually ready for production one would assume thats when they choose to go through the trouble to make a mould and cast it in whatever material they desire hopefully being rubber.
Even if they did go through the trouble and cast this prototype boot in rubber already I would think they pick on hand material but chance of having it actually in red seems slim so they would have painted the boot and hence any bending wold cause the paint to crack and hence prototype pics of the boot are what they are....

Tobey may be 5'8' but Spiderman is 5'10'. Tobey McGuire was playing Spiderman, so by rights, the figure should look like he is 5'10", not 5'8" IMO.

Is spidey 5'10" in the comics? I didn't know. I just figured since this is supposed to be a movie accurate depiction from spiderman 3 he would be the same height as the actor not the character. If he is supposed to be 5'10" then true 1/6 scale would put him at 11.66 inches but if they make him at toby's height he should be 11.33 inches. Not much difference but I would lean more on the shorter spidey IMO.

Is spidey 5'10" in the comics? I didn't know. I just figured since this is supposed to be a movie accurate depiction from spiderman 3 he would be the same height as the actor not the character. If he is supposed to be 5'10" then true 1/6 scale would put him at 11.66 inches but if they make him at toby's height he should be 11.33 inches. Not much difference but I would lean more on the shorter spidey IMO.

First off who would notice such a small discrepency? Secondly who would care? I could understand something like a predator not being in scale, but 2 real life inches translated to 1 6 scale?? Wow

First off who would notice such a small discrepency? Secondly who would care? I could understand something like a predator not being in scale, but 2 real life inches translated to 1 6 scale?? Wow

I think it's very important, we can't have spidey being the same height as Thor!

I think it's very important, we can't have spidey being the same height as Thor!

Well thor is presumably on the wolverine body, and unless they extend the legs on that body he will be shorter (the wolcur body is shorter than a truetype) so spudreman wouldn't be the concern at that point, and again if someone actually noticed less than a 1/4 of an inch difference I will truelly be blown away

My point was that I did no want this figure if he is as tall as the hot toys superman returns. As I said it is a minimal difference bit I would prefer he be shorter than superman.

Back