Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And by the way I care because if I spend the money on this figure and I'm not satisfied with it I'll be pissed. I don't really care if anyone else is pissed but I care if I get duped into buying it. Thanks for being brash by the way. I consider others opinions here very highly reliable and I wouldn't dismiss them by saying "who cares". I see your point on the small difference, about a third of an inch, but that can make a big difference at 1/6 scale.

My point was that I did no want this figure if he is as tall as the hot toys superman returns. As I said it is a minimal difference bit I would prefer he be shorter than superman.

Fair enough, but there's still a difference on what hottoys uses to scale figures, do they use the actors height? Or the proposed height in a film, which is commonly an illusion to make some one taller than fellow actors, Robert downey in iron man for example. Hot toys makes different heights and sizes of bodies for different figures, so I trust that spudry and thor will look right next to all other marvel figures

We can only hope. I am pretty A.retentive on heights so I notice that stuff and it bugs me till I fix it. Robert Downey doesn't bug me that much cause he is short, about 5'8", but the iron man suit would make him taller because of the repulsar boots. You are right though. I should relax about the spidey. I am just really hoping this is all I want it to be.

Relating the height to scale would be nice but not a deal breaker IMO. I will get both Thor and Spiderman. My biggest gripe isn't whether Spidey is smaller than Thor more so Spidey's hands | feet and Thor's bland expression.

Spidey's boots may limit articulation, the hands (being able to see wrist) cheapens it IMO.

Thor's bland expression will limit the poses to standing not much action.

Tho all poopie issues none is a deal breaker.

The whole point of 1/6 scale is generalizing the average person to be 6' therefore he would be in scale of 12". This is a good measure to differentiate a really tall person like vader or chewbacca to someone smaller figures like LOTR elves or a generalization of women being shorter hence their figure is usually shorter. HT is not gonna build a new body just cause A actor is an inch or two taller/shorter than actor B. So obsessing on height differences is pretty much nitpicking on otherwise great figures.

It seems this could be one of the worst HT figures. Its a shame cause Im a spidey fan. A hs could have saved it.

You are correct. I'm a nitpicker. That's why I modify my figs to their perspective heights. You can do that with medicom figs out of the box where as other companies you can not. If spidey is 12" as hot toys makes him he won't look right if I try to modify him. Then there will be one more HT spidey for sale here. I just think spidey should be shorter than most 12" figs that's all. It's not a crime to post my opinion up here is it? Seems like there is a lot of member bashing up here instead of product bashing. I still love the way the figure looks and as a stand alone figure he will probably look good but I like my collection to work as a whole not as individual peices. But that's just me, the nitpicker.

I have seen it, not liking it .

The one you have seen is not the Hot Toys version, it is this one:

P5172824.jpg

I've seen the HT spidey on display at their Flagship store in HK early this year, its not worth the price tag:(

Back