Hot Toys-MMS116:IRON MAN- Tony Stark (Mech Test Version) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't think anything would top the mark I.
Then they announced the battle damaged mark III.
Now this??? Best yet IMHO !!
I want it yesterday!!!!

Wow! Only just seen this. I've only got the original Mark III as I'm not a major fan of Iron Man but this one is incredibly tempting. The whole thing is just stunning! Look at that headsculpt! As someone said on the first page its surely a contender for figure of the year 2010 already.

And this is a standard MMS??? What the hell do we need DX for, look at all the stuff you get with this thing! Its an entire diorama unto itself!

I swore I wouldn't order anything else for a while but....april 2010...I can swing that can't I?..Damn you Hot Toys.

Last edited:
It looks really cool, but I will hold on for War Machine.
By the looks of things he should not be far behind Stark and I will need the extra pennies because I doubt it will be cheap.
I would also like a Iron Man from the new movie too

I bet $145 (of Monopoly money) that this will be slightly out of scale with the current HT Iron Man figures. I mean, considering the HT IM figures are either a bit too slim or a bit too short (Mark I), there's no way Tony is going to perfectly fit in if displayed together.

Tony is shorter out of costume than in. Tony is 6' while in the suit he is 6'3" which means that if his is shorter than the Mark 3 it'd actually be IN scale.

Tony is shorter out of costume than in. Tony is 6' while in the suit he is 6'3" which means that if his is shorter than the Mark 3 it'd actually be IN scale.

No, I meant the opposite of what you said. The Tony Stark figure will be too tall and too big to appear as if he would actually fit inside a Mark II/III by HT. As for the Mark I, from what I've read and seen it is slightly shorter than its sleeker cousins. If HT follows their usual rubric when it comes to height/scale, this figure will be very close to 12", if not exactly that -- the specs even read "Approx. 30 cm", same as most other HT figures.

:confused: I must seriously be missing something here. He's wearing the Iron Man boots. So he should be the exact same height as the Mark II/III. Right? The helmet fits snug against the head, so it doesn't add any height. And the rest of the armor might bulk him up, but not make him taller.

No, I meant the opposite of what you said. The Tony Stark figure will be too tall and too big to appear as if he would actually fit inside a Mark II/III by HT. As for the Mark I, from what I've read and seen it is slightly shorter than its sleeker cousins. If HT follows their usual rubric when it comes to height/scale, this figure will be very close to 12", if not exactly that -- the specs even read "Approx. 30 cm", same as most other HT figures.

Well you can even see this with the custom Tony Stark figures with a TT and the Mark III head sculpt + HT Man Suit. There's no way THAT could fit into the Mark II or III suit. It's simply too slim. But it still looks cool and most people don't really think about that. So displayed together I don't think it'll matter much. The Mark I is a different matter, because like you said it's too short to begin with (shorter than the Mark II and III suits). So there's not much you can do about that.

Yes it is.Sorry I was thinking it was £224.00 for some bizzare reason.Been a long night!!

This figure really looks amazing!!!

I don't own any of the earlier Iron Man figures and I wanted to wait to see what the Iron Man 2 license brings, but this just looks amazing!!
Now I'm seriously thinking of buying this one!

I bet $145 (of Monopoly money) that this will be slightly out of scale with the current HT Iron Man figures. I mean, considering the HT IM figures are either a bit too slim or a bit too short (Mark I), there's no way Tony is going to perfectly fit in if displayed together.

Presumably he's going to be the size of any other human HT figure and the fact is no other human HT figure would fit inside the Iron Man II and III suits. They clearly paid no attention to having a realistic scale relationship between figures. When do they ever though. The Predator is barely any taller than Dutch and hes actually less buff too.

But if we really wanna talk about scale surely the movie Iron Man should have been bigger than he was. Its no good sticking a guy in a suit of armour without layers of cushioning inside or else any dent the armour receives could potentially be as fatal as if he were wearing no armour at all.

from tommys blog

ap_20091207033324667.jpg

looks so damn good. going to buy that tony for sure and all other iron man figures from iron man 2 too =)

Back