Hot Toys-MMS116:IRON MAN- Tony Stark (Mech Test Version) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sculpt is phenomenol.

And the backdrop and clear stand are brilliant.

Gotta love the armour on the figure as well.

I haven't even seen iron man and I appreciate this figure for how brilliant it is.

This and the 300 King Leonidas are amongst the best figures hot toys have ever done IMO. They are a sensational company.

Last edited:
Amazing figure! I am not a big enough fan to buy it, as I have none of the IM figures and don't plan on getting them...but this is the best one yet for sure.

Looks like the boots are removable. From toy-world...

20091207_b5d7bc530fb8fd8cf64bZUrtac8m5huo.jpg

Did anyone here actually doubt that the boots would be removable?

Don't see why anyone thought they would be definitely removable. You would think that Hot Toys would advertise the boots being removable in the specs. Plus the Mark I was shown like this ...but the parts weren't removable at all.

ap_20080930105146400.jpg.jpg

Did anyone here actually doubt that the boots would be removable?

What sort of question is that? Why shouldn't anyone here doubt anything? Because unless it has been confirmed, who's to know? Two people have raised a question mark of whether the boots were actually removable or not, and I bet others would be interested to know for sure, one way or the other. Not that it would deter anyone from buying it, in any case. Do you see any pictures of him without them? darren 1228 has shown another piece of the puzzle, but the script needs translation to know for certain if there is any indication as to why the boots were pictured separately.

It's a great figure, but as always when Hot Toys shows initial pictures the fan boys swoon. There needs to be some balance and healthy skepticism. It's not the greatest or best Ironman figure yet. What are the shoes for? The extra hands don't look all that different from the ones the figure already has. Their both sets of open palmed hands. It doesn't have that many accessories. A cardboard backdrop, robot arm, hands and shoes. What so great about that? The robot arm. The best thing is the greatly improved but not perfect head sculpt. The clear pole for the stand will undoubtedly be the same as what other companies have provided and be very brittle.

It's a great addition to the Ironman range, but unless we get some confirmation as to what is removable we may be stuck with the figure as it is. Either posed in mid air or not. Everyones display being almost the same. Of course, people will customize the figure in order to get a greater range of poseable options and figure variations, but straight from the box it's going to be limited.

What sort of question is that? Why shouldn't anyone here doubt anything? Because unless it has been confirmed, who's to know? Two people have raised a question mark of whether the boots were actually removable or not, and I bet others would be interested to know for sure, one way or the other. Not that it would deter anyone from buying it, in any case. Do you see any pictures of him without them? darren 1228 has shown another piece of the puzzle, but the script needs translation to know for certain if there is any indication as to why the boots were pictured separately.

It's a great figure, but as always when Hot Toys shows initial pictures the fan boys swoon. There needs to be some balance and healthy skepticism. It's not the greatest or best Ironman figure yet. What are the shoes for? The extra hands don't look all that different from the ones the figure already has. Their both sets of open palmed hands. It doesn't have that many accessories. A cardboard backdrop, robot arm, hands and shoes. What so great about that? The robot arm. The best thing is the greatly improved but not perfect head sculpt. The clear pole for the stand will undoubtedly be the same as what other companies have provided and be very brittle.

It's a great addition to the Ironman range, but unless we get some confirmation as to what is removable we may be stuck with the figure as it is. Either posed in mid air or not. Everyones display being almost the same. Of course, people will customize the figure in order to get a greater range of poseable options and figure variations, but straight from the box it's going to be limited.

I assumed they are removable cuz he comes with shoes... you guys really tackled that guy lol

I assumed they are removable cuz he comes with shoes... you guys really tackled that guy lol
Yes, I assume so as well. You remove the boots and put on the shoes. Easy. The light tube to the boots is blocked off by the shoes, the same as the Mark's lit open palms are, when changed over to the fists. Makes sense. I'd still like some confirmation from an authoritative source.

I wasn't trying to tackle plasmid, but he did refer to darren and me in a round about way, because we both questioned the removeability of the boots, regardless of what we might actually believe. As if it were wrong or stupid to do so. That's how it came across to me. If my reply came off as a personal attack, it wasn't meant to be.

So what's the difference between the hand sets? They look exactly the same to me.

Yes, I assume so as well. You remove the boots and put on the shoes. Easy. The light tube to the boots is blocked off by the shoes, the same as the Mark's lit open palms are, when changed over to the fists. Makes sense. I'd still like some confirmation from an authoritative source.

I wasn't trying to tackle plasmid, but he did refer to darren and me in a round about way, because we both questioned the removeability of the boots, regardless of what we might actually believe. As if it were wrong or stupid to do so. That's how it came across to me. If my reply came off as a personal attack, it wasn't meant to be.

So what's the difference between the hand sets? They look exactly the same to me.

That's kinda how I took it as well.
I'm sure we weren't the only two wondering about it.
Whatever :rolleyes:

its all in the wrist, lol
look closely the one pir has a better wrist for shooting

That's a lot to say to make a point, most of it fairly superfluous. I mean, I posted an image on the previous page that showed an unpainted pair of armored boots opened, same image that Chaserfan posted earlier in the thread. I just thought that was enough to color in the possibility that, yes, the boots could be removed. Throw in the photos with the included regular shoes from the HT store display and really, it doesn't take any more detective work.

That's kinda how I took it as well.
I'm sure we weren't the only two wondering about it.
Whatever :rolleyes:

Sorry darren, if I came across a bit blunt. :peace

Back