Hot Toys-MMS116:IRON MAN- Tony Stark (Mech Test Version) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They were posted a couple of pages back.

I can't believe the price on this though! Considering Final Battle John Connor was around $180-$190 (special base, hydrobot), I would've thought the price on this would be at least $180. Oh well, I'm not complaining! :D

Does this one come with the sculpted neck as well? If it does, then I guess I'll use it for my stark jericho suit bash, if it doesn't, then I can also use it for mark 3.

watermark.php

while i love this figure and can't wait to preorder, the one thing i was unhappy with were the eyes. THIS nails it!! now that is a 100% perfect RDJ. i don't they'll change it though - they've had such positive response so far, they'll probably roll with what they have.

I tried to see the RDJ likeness in previous versions, but this one definitely nails it. Guess Hot Toys is getting more of my money. I'll be living in a cardboard box soon.

I tried to see the RDJ likeness in previous versions, but this one definitely nails it. Guess Hot Toys is getting more of my money. I'll be living in a cardboard box soon.

I agree with that. It took them a while but they finally nailed it. Now I wish they'd get a Bale head that great.

which means it can fit onto mark 3 as well :rock

VERY impressive figure and Kojun definitely captured RDJ wonderfully, as well as a more RDJ paint job too.

As far as using this with Mark 3, you probably won't be able to, Mark 3, and I assume Mark 2 as well, uses a larger ball joint than standard HT figures, and likely this head uses the standard kind and won't fit on the Mark 3, maybe if you pull out the ball joint plug it will, but keep in mind you can't just throw any head onto the Iron Mans because of the ball joint difference, maybe BD Mark 3 will use standard size.

off topic, but the working light in the center chest piece gives me hope for a glowing green lantern emblem for the future HT movie GL figure (assuming there is one).

on topic however, that RDJ headsculpt is sick! the picture that has the manipped eye enlargement makes it look much much better

VERY impressive figure and Kojun definitely captured RDJ wonderfully, as well as a more RDJ paint job too.

As far as using this with Mark 3, you probably won't be able to, Mark 3, and I assume Mark 2 as well, uses a larger ball joint than standard HT figures, and likely this head uses the standard kind and won't fit on the Mark 3, maybe if you pull out the ball joint plug it will, but keep in mind you can't just throw any head onto the Iron Mans because of the ball joint difference, maybe BD Mark 3 will use standard size.

You might still able too. I remember someone here in the threads mentioned that they were able to put the Tony Stark Head from the Mark 3 figure on a regular truetype neck by swapping out the inside rubber socket thing. Never tried it myself, but it may work out.

Last edited:
I bet $145 (of Monopoly money) that this will be slightly out of scale with the current HT Iron Man figures. I mean, considering the HT IM figures are either a bit too slim or a bit too short (Mark I), there's no way Tony is going to perfectly fit in if displayed together.

I bet $145 (of Monopoly money) that this will be slightly out of scale with the current HT Iron Man figures. I mean, considering the HT IM figures are either a bit too slim or a bit too short (Mark I), there's no way Tony is going to perfectly fit in if displayed together.

that's a good point dude. never thought about this. i wonder if posing it with bent knees in flying mode could possibly create the illusion it's in scale. having said that, a head comparison alone will probably be a scale issue.

oh well, guess it goes on a different shelf.

Back