Hot Toys - MMS: X-Men 1st Class (License Discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS: X-Men 1st Class

Actually I skimmed your post too quickly. You specifically mentioned Magneto. My bad :lol

That's cool, I probably should have said "we won't get "many" instead of "any" figures from this line.
Such an awesome movie, it'd be a shame not to get a good assortment of figures.

Just rewatched this and must say it is a great film. I really want a Magneto and Charles Xavier and possibly Beast. But honestly I wouldn't spend $175+ for some teenagers with flight suits.

They'll probably come in the final battle suits, as the casual attire they were in the beginning wouldn't look that good.

If Magneto isn't shown at the same time I'll pass on Charles. I won't order him unless Erik is for sure coming. HT has burned fans with a one and done mentality on figures and I don't want Professor X on my shelf without Magneto.

^ that seems so obvious though, HT should know you can't have one without the other.

Hope the give him his flight suit and a casual outfit too

Agreed. Give us both Hot Toys!

They are probably holding off Magneto since they will most likely make/announce a figure of the same actor in the coming months from Prometheus.

Give us Emma Frost as the second instead :monkey3 :lol

What if Charles/Professor X comes packaged with the wheelchair he has at the end of the film? Might be hard to pass up, even without an accompanying Magneto announcement.

And, hunni... Emma Frost? Um, NO. :nana:

Charles is first? YES. (I actually wouldn't be surprised if he was the more popular character in Asia; his whole character (personality-wise, and physically) just seems to be ah, more in line with what pleases the fans over on the other side of the big pond, in my experience. I may be totally wrong though.)

Now I kinda hope that since they took their sweet time, it means they got likenesses better than what they did with the Avengers.... I actually kinda hope they assigned their newest sculptor to this project because she's done an incredible job before.

^ that seems so obvious though, HT should know you can't have one without the other.

You'd think but I thought we'd get Sabretooth or Xerxes or quite a few more that never panned out. With HT I've learned, what's been planned and what you actually get never can be assured.

Charles is first? YES. (I actually wouldn't be surprised if he was the more popular character in Asia; his whole character (personality-wise, and physically) just seems to be ah, more in line with what pleases the fans over on the other side of the big pond, in my experience. I may be totally wrong though.)

Now I kinda hope that since they took their sweet time, it means they got likenesses better than what they did with the Avengers.... I actually kinda hope they assigned their newest sculptor to this project because she's done an incredible job before.

:goodpost: i hope so too

You'd think but I thought we'd get Sabretooth or Xerxes or quite a few more that never panned out. With HT I've learned, what's been planned and what you actually get never can be assured.

Indeed

I wish the interviewer whould have asked him about the X men Trilogy llicense if they are still on or what?

Man I really want a Fassbender Mags!

Flight Suit option and Magenta suit option with both helmets. He was a complete badass in the movie...:yess:

And why not a Wolverine "FU@% OFF" scene with stogie in mouth?? LOL :yess:

Last edited:

What if Charles/Professor X comes packaged with the wheelchair he has at the end of the film? Might be hard to pass up, even without an accompanying Magneto

I ve definitely seen an interview where Howard mentions he s coming with the chair.

I interpreted that as a "character in wheelchair" which was translated loosely from HK, so it could just mean a character that ends up in a wheelchair.

One thing i've noticed with Hot Toys these days is they include accessories worthy or not to bump up the price.

The wheelchair would be cool but it'd make this $200+ which will turn people off IMO

They could do him with his flight suit and a casual outfit with the fingerless gloves and still keep it below $200 if they wanted.

This is like biting into Watchmen without Rorschach..... I guess I'll get Xavier, hope to hell they do Magneto and sell the figure if they don't.

If I don't get a Magneto, I don't want any First Class figures.

This is like biting into Watchmen without Rorschach..... I guess I'll get Xavier, hope to hell they do Magneto and sell the figure if they don't.

If I don't get a Magneto, I don't want any First Class figures.

couldn't of said it better myself. Chan's "coming soon" means what really? I mean everything in the latest interviews had "coming soon" tagged to the end of his sentences pretty much.

Here is the exact question and answer from the interview regarding XFC.

Q: Fans are also very excited to see the final prototype of DC franchise (Green Lantern & Batman Returns) and Marvel franchise (X-Men First Class & The Amazing Spiderman), any updates on these figures?

A: X-Men First Class – Project is still in progress and will come up soon. The first figure will be Professor X.

Back