Hot Toys - MMS: X-Men 1st Class (License Discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS: X-Men 1st Class

Pretty unpredictable in an instance like this. There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to Hot Toys' decisions to wait this long before showing off figures from this license or that long before showing off figures from that license. Then there's another level of uncertainty in the wait between the release of prototype pics/pre-sale information and actual release. We can speculate that there are difficulties in getting a likeness down, in getting a studio to approve a final product, engineering issues with figures requiring new technical modifications, strategic decisions by HT to prioritize other licenses or to wait until the release can match up with some other event that may help to promote sales, etc. But it's all pure speculation.

My suggestion?

tumblr_lvg776uxfE1r0ojhto1_250.gif

Ah, well, that sucks that there's no way to tell. It's really the only license I want figures from right now at HT's price point (not saying it's overpriced, but I really need to like the movie and the characters to shell that much out). I guess waiting in the dark is sort of the only option.

All I really want is mystique.

If they start with that this line is dead out of the water.

You need Magneto first, then Prox X and if those do well there will be desire for more maybe Mystique or Beast are the next logical choices.

If you start with Mystique it will sell like crap because everyone will be waiting for Magneto first and then because it sells like crap he will not be made.

Hopefully they at least learned something from Watchmen.

If they start with that this line is dead out of the water.

If you start with Mystique it will sell like crap because everyone will be waiting for Magneto first and then because it sells like crap he will not be made.

This is true, look at Tron.

But i think they should start with Magneto and then go for a more visually unique character like Beast, Mystique or Azazel and then Xavier and so on.

Perfectly said.

I loved Silk Spectre and I love Mystique and would love to have her. But no Rorschach killed my enthusiasm for the Watchmen line and no Magneto will do the same for the First Class line because of the chance they would end up not making Magneto.

Magneto first.

I have a spot in my detolf reserved for XFC Erick and/or Charles :pray:

I left a space open next to my HT Thor and my upcoming Loki.

I can fit up to 3 figures - I'm hoping at least two will be First Class.

And a Sif.:lol

I left a space open next to my HT Thor and my upcoming Loki.

I can fit up to 3 figures - I'm hoping at least two will be First Class.

And a Sif.:lol

I've done / gonna do some Marvel Team-up displays.

Blade with Black Suited Spider-Man
Wolverine with Magneto (until the second XFC figure comes)
Captain America vs Red Skull (maybe)
Iron Man with War Machine

Magneto, assuming he's first, is going right between Spidey and Wolvie :rock

Reading through this entire thread (... I got nothing better to do), Magneto is by far the most popular, but Charles Xavier is pretty clearly the second most wanted, along with Emma Frost. At least, judging by the responses here, anyways.

I think Mystique belongs more with the trilogy figures, she had more of a central role as a villain there.

FC would probably be my first set of figures, I already got room cleaned up for Charles and Magneto. Though if Emma does come out and with a diamond hand, I may have to abandon my "ladies last" rule (provided I can get the two leads).

W H E R E _ I S _ N E W W W W W W W W W W W W WWW wwWw wWW Www wW w w w S :gah:

I'm curious, of those who are posting who you'd like HT to make from the X-Men line, do you honestly think they are going to ANY X-Men at all? Or are you posting to hopeful and positive?

And I don't mean that sarcastically. I am perosonally on the fence as to whether or not we will ever see any from previous X films.

I'm curious, of those who are posting who you'd like HT to make from the X-Men line, do you honestly think they are going to ANY X-Men at all? Or are you posting to hopeful and positive?

And I don't mean that sarcastically. I am perosonally on the fence as to whether or not we will ever see any from previous X films.

They apparently have the license for the Singer Trilogy, what's stopping them? :dunno

Back