Hot Toys - MMS: X-Men 1st Class (License Discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS: X-Men 1st Class

I don't understand what is taking HT so long with releasing pics of anything from this line. If you think about it, the costumes aren't too complex and they could have re-used certain parts for other characters. You would think with theses figures being relatively easy to make they would have struck while the iron was hot when everybody was praising the movie after it came out but now there isn't as much interest.

Why do you tease us HT? Stop it with the billionth Iron Man, Joker, and Predator, and just give us the Fassbender Magneto we all want :monkey2

:clap :clap :clap

Good post, sir!

:rotfl I laugh cause its probably true. Ok, it may not be Darwin, they actually might do Xavier or Magneto, but I still think they will only do one figure. As much as that may not make "sense" because they bought the rights to the license. It makes more sense to devote more time to the IronMan line that seems to sell so well for them.
Truthfully, with the number of IM releases, one can only assume the sales are so high that it dwarfs sales of other lines.

Where will the Iron Man milking ultimately lead them?

I'm done with Iron Man, others are done by the look of the "selling my Iron Man Collection" threads on the FS section and others will give up after the next figure or one after that... Where will they go if they got little else in development?

Batman and Predator and Avengers will all run dry and if they ignore other liceneses to work on these, when these are milked to death they will go no where but down. They'll have no other lines with enough fans as they under-developed them all.

I'm done with Iron Man, others are done by the look of the "selling my Iron Man Collection" threads on the FS section and others will give up after the next figure or one after that... Where will they go if they got little else in development?

Batman and Predator and Avengers will all run dry and if they ignore other liceneses to work on these, when these are milked to death they will go no where but down. They'll have no other lines with enough fans as they under-developed them all.

I kinda understand and agree, but ultimately, the fact that WE as collectors have bought so many Iron Man Hot Toys is the they seem to be milking the line. They certainly wouldn't continue producing them if history didn't show they would sell.

I just wish they give us a taste of something else. X-Men, Green Lantern, Red Skull, etc...

They will move onto the "next big thing" like every other company.

Or go back franchises that have established fan bases. Example Star Wars, Predator, Terminator....etc.

I kinda understand and agree, but ultimately, the fact that WE as collectors have bought so many Iron Man Hot Toys is the they seem to be milking the line. They certainly wouldn't continue production them if the history didn't show they would sell.

I just wish they give us a taste of something else. X-Men, Green Lantern, Red Skull, etc...

The reason the term Iron Man milking came about is simply that its done too much, they've milked it and everything coming is a repeat or something unneccassary when compared to lines that are criminally under-developed.

There is only so long they can carry it on before the fans get bored, its happening already, there will be those who continue to buy them, but its not good for the overall consumerbase when so many are under-developed while Iron Man is over-developed. Everytime a 'New' Iron Man announcement comes out many times the first question is "what about this license? When is this license going up for order?"

People are growing tired of it, HT need to develop other lines to keep customers. If a customer loses interest in Iron Man what will fill that void, when theres not much else with more than 2 figures being made?

The Iron Man milking has led them to about 7 or 8 sold out versions already without any signs of slowing down so I doubt we'll know the answer to that anytime soon:lol

Yep, but how long can that last when most things are remakes of environments, Collectors are fickle, interests change, other than Batman and Predator, there's little with any line devotion to grab thos customers,

I really think Iron Man is in that category of Predators/Batman, so the same thing can be said about all 3 of them. And I agree that collectors are fickle, but I think as long as every Iron Man release sells out like they always have, why would they pump the brakes early? Plus, with him being in at least a couple more movies in the upcoming years, I don't expect them to slow down anytime soon.

With that said, I'd love to have XM:FC Magneto on my shelf sooner rather than later

Yeah, i don't want to get into another Iron Man milking arguement, i got high blood preassure and the wait for X-Men Figures is bad enough as it is.

I'm bored of that line and want to start collecting X-men and MGS as my main focus, but got nothing from HT yet. :gah:

I'm not saying kill IM, just develop more from other lines, give fans of other licenses a break with some frickin figures already.

Just cos its not Iron Man, Batman or Predator doesn't mean it wont sell.

The difficult issue with X-Men is that an ensemble cast makes it hard to target an obvious character like solo hero franchises.

Magneto stands out in XM:FC obviously, but who do you offer next? The second lead, Xavier? The most striking design, Mystique? Or the fanboy favourite, Emma Frost (a character I detest)?

The problem is the same with the X-Men trilogy. Other than Logan, who do you release? Patrick Stewart with his huge fan base? Or Ian McKellen with his? Then there is the rest of the team.

I'm amazed/appalled how some male fans do not even mention Jean Grey or Storm when rattling off the team mates of interest. Jean and Scott are the characters I would want, but they obviously are not even on some people's radar.

And then you have the fact someone at Hot Toys thought the New Goblin was a worthy character to release.

True Star Puffs. (nice Sig BTW)

The simplist answer, MAKE THEM ALL HT!!!!! or at least a good 8 or so figures.

Alot of the time people don't get into lines cos they know HT will give up after two figures and leave it hanging (sales of Baby Doll & Amber would increase dramatically if HT said they'd make the remaining 3)

Magneto is the most obvious, after that i say go for a unique character like Beast, Mystique or Azazel. Unique designs capture peoples imaginations. Then the others are well easy to make; Xavier and Frost would be a piece of piss to make.

While there are a tons of way to respond to the posts above it all boils down to: How about they release one and then we can quibble about who should come next?

tumblr_lte7cyGWGN1r0ojhto1_250.gif

I haven't been here in a while> Any pics yet? I'm starving! I like the originals now better than I did when they came out. Especially the outfits. I thought they were cheesy and too Tim Burton's Batman. But now I look at them with nostalgia and think wow they were kind of cool.

Here are my custom X-Men
IMG_8103.jpg

*tho there was some news or even teaser*

20100601181115_Homer.jpg

- You're bumpers everybody. Quit posting everyone!

Back