Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Chitauri figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Chitauri Footsoldier

Just wait for these to go up for Pre-order. For now we don't know with any certainty what the price will be.

Coulson I could see going for lower than normal given that he's really just a guy in a suit. The footsoldier though looks like a brand new body with some intricate detailing. I don't expect it to be very cheap.

What the footsoldier does have going for it in my opinion is visual appeal. It's different and it'll probably look amazing even though it isn't a main character.

So keep the price low, and make the money back in volume of sales. If the idea is that these are supposed to be 'army builders' (a tricky enough proposition at this scale unless you have endless space available), you don't charge an arm and a leg for 'em, regardless of RnD.

Coulson could have been a send away figure like 'buy any 3 Avengers, get Coulson for free' And they could have just given us the head sculpt clothing/accessories to put together ourselves

Don't think it would work for Chituari tho cause of the unique body

So who has to sign off on the likeness?

Coulson could have been a send away figure like 'buy any 3 Avengers, get Coulson for free' And they could have just given us the head sculpt clothing/accessories to put together ourselves

Anyone buying Coulson almost certainly bought 3 Avengers anyway. Even at $140 they would make more profit of him as a separate figure.

One of the most exciting aspects of this figure IMO is that they will be one of the few that were actually introduced in The Avengers.

chitauri-aliens-avengers.jpg

Cap, Thor, Coulson, Loki, and the rest are technically characters from previous movies just with new makeovers. Very few "new" characters. Basically just the Chitauri, Agent Hill, and that guy who appears after the credits.

^ And the HULK was an all new design

anyone else think their making these just so they can have a sweet diorama at Ami con? :lol and then decided we sell them anyway. Whatever made them do it i'm thankful. I will get 3 if their standard price, if their cheaper i will probably get 5

This looks pretty cool, not a figure id buy unless it was cheap but it'll look great as a figure

A couple days until full reveal! :yess:

You sure it's a full reveal? I'd be really impressed if they had a completed VII, Coulson, Hulk and Chitauri on display. Maybe they've made the bike things too, then i'd need one of those and two more Chitauri :panic:

Wonder how far HT will go with this franchise... space-sled for these guys? Quinjet? Helica..n't believe how much they're gonna squeeze out of this.

No but Cool Toy Review is saying it will be. I guess we'll see if they're right.

ah right.

I'm hoping the will be two different headsculpts (masked and unmasked) and some different weapons so i can have some variation between my 3 - 5. And if price is decent i may end up getting 7 to have the mother of all HT fight scenes.

I've been waiting for HT to do a line like Avengers for a long time, now i'm gonna make the most of it.

All we'd need now to fully complete this line imo is these two (and maybe Maria Hill):
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

:lol Maybe they should put bits of Coulson in all the other Avengers boxes, Left arm for Cap, Right arm for Thor, Head with Iron Man...etc

You sure it's a full reveal? I'd be really impressed if they had a completed VII, Coulson, Hulk and Chitauri on display. Maybe they've made the bike things too, then i'd need one of those and two more Chitauri :panic:

Hot Toys said themselves they will be unveiling the Mark VII and Hulk and also showing the prototypes for Coulson and the Chitauri.

This is gonna be the biggest movie franchise by far when Marvel is done with it. It's already at 6 films and that's only phase one. It deserves to get as much merchandise as possible because it's gonna have more fans than pretty much anyother film franchise.

Hot Toys will milk this franchise. And most of us will thank them for it. I know for sure that i will.

This is gonna be the biggest movie franchise by far when Marvel is done with it. It's already at 6 films and that's only phase one. It deserves to get as much merchandise as possible because it's gonna have more fans than pretty much anyother film franchise.

Hot Toys will milk this franchise. And most of us will thank them for it. I know for sure that i will.

Yeah between this film, Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Captain America 2 and Avengers 2 we are all gonna be in the poorhouse - or living in refrigerator boxes because we ran out of shelf room :yess:

Last edited:

Truth is these guys are the most easily defeatable villians I've seen in a film since Phantom Menace's Battle Droids.....

ah right.

I'm hoping the will be two different headsculpts (masked and unmasked) and some different weapons so i can have some variation between my 3 - 5. And if price is decent i may end up getting 7 to have the mother of all HT fight scenes.

I've been waiting for HT to do a line like Avengers for a long time, now i'm gonna make the most of it.

All we'd need now to fully complete this line imo is these two (and maybe Maria Hill):
attachment.php

attachment.php

We know we'll get Thanos eventually. If Hot Toys is willing to do Iron Monger, I'd bet Thanos is a given. Plus he'll be in more than one movie probably (hopefully). The Chitauri (?) you posted would be awesome, I mean.. how could would that be!? Though I doubt it, I suppose anything is possible at this point.

Hopefully this will encourage Hot Toys to back track a bit and give us Bucky from TFA and Loki from Thor. Maybe even some other minor (but major to us hardcore fans) characters. I can dream after all. :pray:

Back