Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Chitauri figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who said anything about "not seeing the value"? Nobody. The person I quoted made a blanket statement about HT pricing out its customers.

And it doesn't matter how many people may dislike a release, they can sit in stock rooms on pallets for months like Angelica and both Spideys and HT is making more bank than ever before.

You're clearly a clown so go back to the circus :lol

Riiight. you don't agree with my point, so you revert to namecaling. How quaint.

I really wanted these, but I'm in the camp that's wondering if they're really worth the $240US each (or $237.50US each in the set) to me. It seems awfully high... but they would look so damn cool with my Avengers figs... *conflicted*

With OSB's Limited discount they're £132.50 ($214.23) delivered - each for the two pack..... I couldn't pass that up!

Now then, how many more foot soldiers do I need......?

Even better for me with OSB Collective my postage is already paid for £125 each! :p

" Offer Price is £249.99 + £15.00 UPS courier

Customers that have already preordered - offer applies to you too.

Very limited preorder slots available, once sold out of the discounted slots, normal price will offered - estimated retail price is around £280.00/£300.00 + shipping.

Many of you will have the OSB shipping discount - unfortunately that will not apply on the offer, if you go though checkout with the OSB discount, the shipping will be added to the final payment invoice when the figure is due.

No discount on the Hot Toys - MMS226 Chitauri Foot Soldier or MMS227 Chitauri Commander

Offer is for UK only and while preorder slots last (not many available) "

OSB Collective not valid on this one mate, Even with the £15 P+P on at the end it's still an awesome price :clap:clap:clap

With OSB's Limited discount they're £132.50 ($214.23) delivered - each for the two pack..... I couldn't pass that up!

Even better for me with OSB Collective my postage is already paid for £125 each! :p

Dammit! I a always miss out on the OSB discount offers! Shakes fist at sky, "Wai Man! You're supposed to be mate!!!"

;)

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but what do you guys think the odds are of seeing a bootleg version of the exclusive hand and the rifle on Ebay when the figures come out? I'd say there's a pretty strong chance of that occurring.

Pretty strong. We've seen entire Hot toys figures as bootlegs lately. Given the "one piece" nature of these guys, I'm kinda expecting to see the whole thing make that list.

Solid figure with no costume parts is fairly easy to recast.

Pretty strong. We've seen entire Hot toys figures as bootlegs lately. Given the "one piece" nature of these guys, I'm kinda expecting to see the whole thing make that list.

Solid figure with no costume parts is fairly easy to recast.

Like Predator figs ... there should be a base figure body with variable armor tag on.... .... the Commander has more armor than the Soldier... The armor should be removable for customization....

Getting a commander and recasting it (her) as soldier would be easier I suppose (than the other way around)...

The triangle thing between the eyes (on the crown) still remains when the mask was removed... Note also: both Commander and Soldier has purple glow (HT's soldier has it with blue paint)..... More details that Joseph Tsang was not observant:
Alternate "opened mouth" head would be nice too....

Chitauri-Avengers.png

Last edited:
These look awesome and they're no brainers for me; I've been waiting for this PO to drop for a while. I'm digging the sculpts and they are overall better than I was anticipating.

As far as price, I think that this was to be expected. It's not that they are slightly overpriced but everything is slightly overpriced (I agree with the bubble bursting theory and I've thought that for a while now). Apples to apples they're where they should be in that respect.

I understand if they're not for everyone. For me, they are highly relevant in the movie; but I'm also the guy who collects Stormtroopers and zombies (good analogies Khev and 12”) so this appeals to me. I really liked them in the movie, dig their design & love the figures; no brainer :yess:

You're original vision of 6-10 sounds about right :wink1:

Seriously I'm stuck in the same spot. I PO'd the EX set and I'm going to grab another foot solider but I can see myself ending up with 4 of these guys

If you're in the USA wait til Pop Culture Zone offers it - they are usually significantly discounted pre-order - for example the Iron Man Igor is 470 there instead of 510, and on every order you can pick out free merchandise at the time of ordering too. Granted they wont have the exclusive double-pack, but I expect they'll be offering the individual figures and I'm guessing it's going to be less expensive than SSC even when you figure in the rewards points. Plus, remember these are probably going to be Predator sized, and they look pretty detailed.

Heh, so someone could just get the materials to duplicate a figure, buy one Chitauri, and make themselves an entire army of them. It's like a Loki trick, but with plastic instead of illusion.

They're available for $221 on Pop Culture Zone.

Or order from Action Figure Xpress. They're $220 each. Bettr for West Coast because shipping is cheaper since they are from California. Pop Culture is better for East Coast since they are in NJ. Pop Culture requires a deposit though. Action Figure Xpress doesn't so you can cancel as long as order hasn't been processed.

Or order from Action Figure Xpress. They're $220 each. Bettr for West Coast because shipping is cheaper since they are from California. Pop Culture is better for East Coast since they are in NJ. Pop Culture requires a deposit though. Action Figure Xpress doesn't so you can cancel as long as order hasn't been processed.

Thanks for the heads up about Action Figure Xpress!!

Last edited:
Back