1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Far From Home - Spider-Man (Black and red suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hawkeye more important than Spidey...sorry, you lost me there!

Hawkeye has his own series coming out soon, and will be training his daughter who will be likely directly replacing him. That is several years of direct Avenger material right there. Very important.

Spider-Man is going to have to hide from Jonah Jameson in the next movie, he doesn't need Thor for that one.

As noted, Spider-man is a money making machine. But its a money making machine owned by another company. The MCU would like to have somebody who sells extra figures and shirts, but end of the day the MCU is already developing without him.

Live action movies way different then animation. Look at all the good DC animated movies released over the last decade, and look how many decent live action movies they have released. They have gotten better lately, but that is after burning down Batman and Superman.

Hawkeye has his own series coming out soon, and will be training Kate Bishop who will be likely directly replacing him. That is several years of direct Avenger material right there. Very important.

Spider-Man is going to have to hide from Jonah Jameson in the next movie, he doesn't need Thor for that one.

Kate Bishop, not his daughter Lila :)

This is a good read:

How The Marvel-Sony 'Spider-Man' Dispute Will Be Solved One Way Or Another

I didn't realize that if someone buys Sony, the rights to Spider-Man and all related characters immediately transfer back to Marvel. That's an interesting piece of all of this ... especially is an acquisition is as likely to happen as this guy makes it sound.

Good point. Sony has lost a ton of money over the years in movies, which is why the MCU deal was pushed in the first place. I know they lost something like 900 million the other year in the cinemas.

Hawkeye has his own series coming out soon, and will be training his daughter who will be likely directly replacing him. That is several years of direct Avenger material right there. Very important.

As noted, Spider-man is a money making machine. But its a money making machine owned by another company. The MCU would like to have somebody who sells extra figures and shirts, but end of the day the MCU is already developing without him.

Live action movies way different then animation. Look at all the good DC animated movies released over the last decade, and look how many decent live action movies they have released. They have gotten better lately, but that is after burning down Batman and Superman.

That doesn?t mean anything. If Sony didn?t have Spider-Man he?d be pushed to the side again

They manager to give the rerelease homemade suit a correct size drone. Think they gonna fix the drone on this?

Yeah even if it might be trickier to pull off some of those same poses with the Upgrade figure, I'd still rather have that full size drone than the shrunken one

Same. Having seen the smaller drone in person at sdcc it was really lackluster. Vastly, prefer this larger drone and honestly this spidey doesn't come with that much more to have HT cut costs on the drone.

I noticed SS has no NRD on this. Was that always the case since he went up for PO?

Thinking of PO'ing this since it may be the last MCU Spidey.

They manager to give the rerelease homemade suit a correct size drone. Think they gonna fix the drone on this?

From a cost standpoint it would make sense for HT to tool up only one size drone, so hopefully this comes with the same properly scaled one.

Yeah even if it might be trickier to pull off some of those same poses with the Upgrade figure, I'd still rather have that full size drone than the shrunken one

Same. Having seen the smaller drone in person at sdcc it was really lackluster. Vastly, prefer this larger drone and honestly this spidey doesn't come with that much more to have HT cut costs on the drone.

Exactly why they will include only the full size in the home suit figure so you'll be "forced" to buy both figures. :wink1:

13AE6CCF-9B72-435D-92C1-58AABEF5111B.jpeg
C8680E85-EDC9-4999-889B-9ABFF3385ADD.jpeg

Wow, yeah... Peeps on facebook are going hard against this sculpt like it's the worst they've ever done. I really don't see the problem. It looks pretty good to me.

80270438_2843959979001633_2249470665805529088_o.jpg

Yea I?m not terribly impressed, nor am I disappointed. Odds are it?d stay in the box, or just switch out the head sculpt from a previous Tom Holland spidey if I was set on displaying him like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it looks fine.

I doubt I'll display it with the unmasked sculpt regardless, but I don't understand what the issue is with it.

Nobody should pay attention to JC Hong's "test paint" photos. Headculpt of actual figure won't come with that amount of detail. We all know that.

We do all know that and nobody expects it. Pointing that out changes nothing. I don't think anyone was complaining about the paint either way, the lighting is more the issue with the official photos and the lighting is clearly better in JC's photos. And just because the production version won't be that good, doesn't mean it's not worth posting.

Back