Hot toys MMS - Iron Man MK. 33 Silver Centurion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably gonna preorder this guy down the road. Kinda wish he has more silver in the legs than those lil stipes going down the shin n sides.. Thats the only grip i have is the design, probably the thing that makes this not an instant for me.

Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of his leg designs either, but they've grown on me. And the fact that this is based on a classic design while also coming with a Tony in helmet head sculpt really sort of sealed the deal for me. I was deciding on the 42 or this, but I'm really not liking the whole diecast concept, and watching the movie again this week is really making me excited about the 33 for some reason.

Just watched the big fight at the end again. I have to say all the suits sucked, but the Mark XXXIII was handled with most dignity. Also saw the flaming Mark XLII head and it would be really cool if it is painted right. I am glad that I am getting this as my first exclusive. Light years better than the hologram/jello Iron Man of the past.

Oh snap, I just realized...do you think people are gonna start making West Coast Avengers set ups with this guy? We have Rhodey and Clint as figs already so it's almost possible!

I watched the scenes where this armor was in action (again). From the scene where Tony says "perfect timing" to the scene he ejects from it, I finally noticed that during its brief flight scene, the flaps on his back never opened! I don't think HT will have any open flaps on the back (or maybe even on the legs) for this one! The FX folks probably did it to save money...*sigh*

I watched the scenes where this armor was in action (again). From the scene where Tony says "perfect timing" to the scene he ejects from it, I finally noticed that during its brief flight scene, the flaps on his back never opened! I don't think HT will have any open flaps on the back (or maybe even on the legs) for this one! The FX folks probably did it to save money...*sigh*

While that could be true take into account that some suits have differences from the norm. The mark 42 had thrusters on its chest and the shotgun had jets on its back, maybe silver centurion didn't need flaps for some reason. Or they were just lazy :rotfl

While that could be true take into account that some suits have differences from the norm. The mark 42 had thrusters on its chest and the shotgun had jets on its back, maybe silver centurion didn't need flaps for some reason. Or they were just lazy :rotfl

Use your imagination! Tony has simply refined the RT thrusters enough that he doesn't need traditional aircraft control surfaces like flaps/rudders. No laziness here at all! :rotfl

I hope this doesn't sell out anytime soon. I still want it but am sort of waiting for a couple other pre-orders to clear up before I order another figure.

they are now making 100,000 of each suit. these will be available until 2018. relax.
:lol I'm not overly worried about it or anything. I'm actually not that die hard of an Iron Man fan to be honest and really only want one armor for my collection. Just like the look of this one the best and it seems like the Iron Man figures are hot sellers so you never know how fast they'll go. The one benefit with this one is it's got around a year before it's even scheduled to be out so it should last a while I would hope.

Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of his leg designs either, but they've grown on me. And the fact that this is based on a classic design while also coming with a Tony in helmet head sculpt really sort of sealed the deal for me. I was deciding on the 42 or this, but I'm really not liking the whole diecast concept, and watching the movie again this week is really making me excited about the 33 for some reason.

agreed! the design on this suit is fascinating. its ashame that it has only a little time screen in the movie

agreed! the design on this suit is fascinating. its ashame that it has only a little time screen in the movie
Yeah I wish this suit would have been showcased a bit more, but at least Tony actually wore it for a few minutes unlike most other suits we saw for a matter of seconds.

1374175_531490516935188_1008228560_n.jpg

Back