Hot toys MMS - Iron Man MK. 33 Silver Centurion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, guys!

My camera is fairly middle of the road, not an expensive model... What I found makes a big difference is a decent lightbox setup (which isn't expensive and is possible to custom-make if you want to), and practice. My first photosets weren't all that great, but with a lot of messing around, I improved my setup and process as I went along.

What I like the most is taking pictures gives you another excuse to play around with a figure, and a new appreciation of it. :)

Which camera do you use, if you dont mind me asking.

It's a Canon G15. I'm far from a professional, so it fit the bill of having features I wanted (like manual focus and shot bracketing) without being a huge expensive beast I had to buy separate lenses for. Solid midrange.

So does he come with a plain stand - no lights, or a bendy stand like Python - again no lights, or does he have a Red Snapper named plate?

Speaking for the OCD people of the world...STOP CHANGING THE STANDS FOR THE HOUSE PARTY SUITS HOT TOYS...IT HURTS OUR HEADS!!!!

So does he come with a plain stand - no lights, or a bendy stand like Python - again no lights, or does he have a Red Snapper named plate?

Speaking for the OCD people of the world...STOP CHANGING THE STANDS FOR THE HOUSE PARTY SUITS HOT TOYS...IT HURTS OUR HEADS!!!!

I agree that the inconsistency is annoying.

I'd prefer just one type of stand too. lol ;)

Only python comes with the clear pillar. All suits after that in the mms line has been the dynamic posts. The diecasts and power pose all had their own styles. Its not that confusing.

I am all for diff stands as I don't like the plain black stands all that much, I don't like IP stand with those foot pedestals
either. So far there hasn't been a really good IM stand yet though.

I like how the directions basically say "hey dummy, don't open the stand it doesn't light up. Don't waste your time!" Haha

Yeah its bare-ass completely empty in the stand. Nothing but a plastic washer and a nut that screws into the bendy pole.
I actually had to open mine up cuz somehow the nut in there got loose/unglued, I fixed it.

Only python comes with the clear pillar. All suits after that in the mms line has been the dynamic posts. The diecasts and power pose all had their own styles. Its not that confusing.

The picture on Sideshow.com still shows the transparent pillar. The product description also states: One (1) circular figure stage with transparent pillar

I wish I received the transparent pillar. The base that came with my figure already broke. The dynamic post screws into a black nut underneath. The nut is held in by what looks like a plastic washer which is glued in. That came loose and the post wouldn't screw in.

It was an easy fix but still.

Regarding the figure I am very happy with it. I have to say though after getting the Mark 42 I really prefer the diecast figures now. IM_SC.jpg

Yeah its bare-ass completely empty in the stand. Nothing but a plastic washer and a nut that screws into the bendy pole.
I actually had to open mine up cuz somehow the nut in there got loose/unglued, I fixed it.

Ha! Didn't read your post before posting myself. I had the exact same issue.

I used hot glue since it holds great and doesn't do any damage to the plastic.

The picture on Sideshow.com still shows the transparent pillar. The product description also states: One (1) circular figure stage with transparent pillar

I wish I received the transparent pillar. The base that came with my figure already broke. The dynamic post screws into a black nut underneath. The nut is held in by what looks like a plastic washer which is glued in. That came loose and the post wouldn't screw in.

It was an easy fix but still.

In all honesty, I love the flexible pillar, saves me the trouble of buying dynamic stand to pose these guys flying.

Now if hot toys could find a way to include both pillars, that would be nice.

It would've been nice if that stand came out with all the older Iron Man figures as well. There's no more Iron Man armors that I really want except for the DC III but I guess I have that dynamic stand for the older two that I have (WM1 & Mk7).

Nice Spidey2099 hat bransen! :wink1: (I think it's 2099....apologies if I'm mistaken)

It would've been nice if that stand came out with all the older Iron Man figures as well. There's no more Iron Man armors that I really want except for the DC III but I guess I have that dynamic stand for the older two that I have (WM1 & Mk7).

Nice Spidey2099 hat bransen! :wink1: (I think it's 2099....apologies if I'm mistaken)
Yes it is! I actually got this as a birthday present back in July, it's a custom hat my girlfriend made on photoshop and took it to a printing place the next town over and got it made. It's pretty sweet :lol
Love the pics!

Thank you sir!

Back