Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS

No. The price was S$379.90 in Singapore and there was no discount because this was supposed to be a Toy Fair exclusive.

So $230 was the show exclusive price, with $290 as PO and retail price? ..I'm referencing US rather than Singapore dollars, to try to make it easier for other forum users to follow.. here in the UK a good rule of thumb is to then simply translate the US dollar price straight into pounds sterling.. because shipping and taxes generally remove any exchange rate benefit.

So basically that's roughly a £230 show exclusive price.. followed by a £290 retail price.. still a fairly steep increase, considering the £210 retail cost of the Mark VII.. but the current Midas 'official' retail is actually £360 in Europe..without a headsculpt.. and the light-up base feature has been removed.

I would call that blatant profiteering, other folks mileage may vary.

I'm expecting $300, but I'll be pleased if its less. But I'm preparing myself for the $294.99 price like the BD Mark VII

Eventhough this isn't gold-plated I wouldn't get it for anything <$300! Not unless, it's die-cast! :D

Whatever the total it is, I will be getting $134 off from the reward points that I've been saving for the last year and a half :yess:

I'll probably be in on this for less than 300, and probably won't use reward points just because of the fast turnaround on shipping, that I'll get the reward points from this order sooner - I'll put those towards Heartbreaker or Igor

I'll probably be in on this for less than 300, and probably won't use reward points just because of the fast turnaround on shipping, that I'll get the reward points from this order sooner - I'll put those towards Heartbreaker or Igor

I see, smart strategy...but I've been saving these points for so long I just wanna use them. Also, I don't see anything coming out soon that really interests me (besides whiplash, which won't come out until 2015, I would think).

Ah, interesting thought. I would do that too, but with the holidays around the corner and me going on vacation this weekend, this released is ill-timed, so the $100 off using my points means more now than it would saved for later.

So $230 was the show exclusive price, with $290 as PO and retail price? ..I'm referencing US rather than Singapore dollars, to try to make it easier for other forum users to follow.. here in the UK a good rule of thumb is to then simply translate the US dollar price straight into pounds sterling.. because shipping and taxes generally remove any exchange rate benefit.

So basically that's roughly a £230 show exclusive price.. followed by a £290 retail price.. still a fairly steep increase, considering the £210 retail cost of the Mark VII.. but the current Midas 'official' retail is actually £360 in Europe..without a headsculpt.. and the light-up base feature has been removed.

I would call that blatant profiteering, other folks mileage may vary.

Ok, let me put it in US dollars so that it will not be confusing.

Midas was sold at $290 (estimation after conversion) during the toy fair here, whether it is for instant collection or for pre-order. BD Mark VII was also sold at the same price previously.

Yupp that's a good idea.

Im actually planning on hoarding all my points from all the upcoming IM releases and putting those towards Igor. If not that would've been a pass.

So I'm on twitter now, following SSC. So how do tweets come in? Is it like an email alert? Or is it like a text message? Not sure how it works.

So I'm on twitter now, following SSC. So how do tweets come in? Is it like an email alert? Or is it like a text message? Not sure how it works.
You can set an alert in the app i believe. Or an email alert on the website. But the general idea is that you just check your twitter feed from time to time.

If you are going to be on a computer for Monday, unless you are constantly updating twitter on your phone/desktop, the easiest way to do it is to just bring up their twitter page in a browser window and minimize it, and when they post a new tweet there will be a (1) in front of their name. So it will look like " (1)SideshowCollectibles " on the minimized tab.

Ok, let me put it in US dollars so that it will not be confusing.

Midas was sold at $290 (estimation after conversion) during the toy fair here, whether it is for instant collection or for pre-order. BD Mark VII was also sold at the same price previously.

Thanks for clarifying the costings. :hi5:

So approx. £290 would be the expected price in Europe.. not £360, which is what it actually is.. and BD Mk VII was fully loaded with a very large and unique base.. not a stripped down, no head sculpt, no lights in the stand, re-paint.

Case for the prosecution in Taibhse v Blatant Profiteering rests, m'lud.

..and next time there is a 'special' of this nature, I will get my friend to pick one up in Singapore, at the show.

If you are going to be on a computer for Monday, unless you are constantly updating twitter on your phone/desktop, the easiest way to do it is to just bring up their twitter page in a browser window and minimize it, and when they post a new tweet there will be a (1) in front of their name. So it will look like " (1)SideshowCollectibles " on the minimized tab.

This is more reliable than Twitter's notification on mobile. Sometimes you don't get it for a long time after it's been posted. Sideshow will probably post the same thing also on facebook.

Back