Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this is totally fake but if they did do this, who would buy one?

D775601C-C3B9-4BE8-843A-1F68ACBD0427.jpg

It would also make sense that a diecast Midas could be released if:

1. HT?s have scrapped their Neon Tech line.
2. It is a way to keep their Iron Man 3 license current.
3. The diecast Mk. VII R&D had to be expensive.
4. They weren?t able to use many molds from the original plastic Mk. VII because the size difference between the old plastic releases vs the newer diecast ones made any accurate upsizing impossible.
5. HT?s wanted to test the waters for diecast HPP armors, it would allow them another release from the expensive diecast Mk. VII molds.
6. They were testing the waters for diecast HPP armors, the only kitbashed armors that made use of parts from the original 7 only used Mk. VII parts.
7. Every other HPP armor uses (kitbashed or 100% original, released or not) parts that have only shown up in plastic releases except for Mk. XXII/Hot Rod (the WM Mk. II/IP prototype) and small examples like the Mk. XXVII/Disco that used the same helmet which was a plastic part on WM Mk. II.

I would upgrade my Midas. While the current one is perfectly serviceable, I tend to prefer diecast. I remember when I sold off the original MKV after a few weeks because of how flimsy it felt in hand. The diecast version was a vast improvement. I don’t think HT would re-release all of the armors in DC, but instead pick and choose some of the hot sellers in the secondary such as Midas and Blue Steel. Even though I have those, I’m sure any diecast upgrades would include improvements and new accessories. That said, I’m not in any hurry to repurchase IM armors and would prefer to see them focus on new figures. If HT wants to produce more armors, how about the Hammer Drones or a diecast Iron Monger?

Yes Iron Man is over done, but the reality is they’re big sellers. One reason HT may not be doing diecast reissues could be variants. It’s possible that variants outsell reissues. I think the neon tech line sold reasonably well (I bought them). I wonder if they will produce a neon tech Rescue figure. I‘m still pondering the holographic armor. If it had interior light up illumination and came with a mini figure I would have POed. I’m waiting to see how it works on a light-up base. I don’t want to fence sit too long, because it will probably sell out in the next couple of months and start rising in the secondary. There are probably other variants and concepts in the works.

I do think Hot Toys will eventually produce a diecast MK-I. Also if the rumors are true, HT may eventually produce a Tom Cruise Iron Man. Although that would be considered a new figure, it could be a reissued armor with a slight repaint and Cruise portrait.

I would upgrade my Midas. While the current one is perfectly serviceable, I tend to prefer diecast. I remember when I sold off the original MKV after a few weeks because of how flimsy it felt in hand. The diecast version was a vast improvement. I don’t think HT would re-release all of the armors in DC, but instead pick and choose some of the hot sellers in the secondary such as Midas and Blue Steel. Even though I have those, I’m sure any diecast upgrades would include improvements and new accessories. That said, I’m not in any hurry to repurchase IM armors and would prefer to see them focus on new figures. If HT wants to produce more armors, how about the Hammer Drones or a diecast Iron Monger?

Yes Iron Man is over done, but the reality is they’re big sellers. One reason HT may not be doing diecast reissues could be variants. It’s possible that variants outsell reissues. I think the neon tech line sold reasonably well (I bought them). I wonder if they will produce a neon tech Rescue figure. I‘m still pondering the holographic armor. If it had interior light up illumination and came with a mini figure I would have POed. I’m waiting to see how it works on a light-up base. I don’t want to fence sit too long, because it will probably sell out in the next couple of months and start rising in the secondary. There are probably other variants and concepts in the works.

I do think Hot Toys will eventually produce a diecast MK-I. Also if the rumors are true, HT may eventually produce a Tom Cruise Iron Man. Although that would be considered a new figure, it could be a reissued armor with a slight repaint and Cruise portrait.

All good points although I do know that the reason HT’s likes to do variants is because the R&D for each armor is largely a 1 and done. Being able to reuse a previous mold for say, the boots, is something that helps them make even more money!

Also I’m really glad you brought up Rescue as I have been wanting a “concept version” in the standard IM red, gold and silver ever since I first laid eyes on the picture in the Art of Endgame book. Don’t get me wrong, I dig the color scheme we are getting, but hot damn, in classic colors, she looks incredible!

Back