Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS

I'm not sure profiteering is the accurate term to use. I think that would have to involve something illegal or unethical. HT may be price gouging, but not profiteering.

I'm not sure profiteering is the accurate term to use. I think that would have to involve something illegal or unethical. HT may be price gouging, but not profiteering.

'Official' price in Asia $290.. 'official' price in Europe $580.. not sure why anyone would attempt to defend that differential.. gouging or profiteering, the definition is much of a muchness and yes, I think its unethical.. it will be interesting to see what the 'official' price in the US is, on Dec 2nd.

Gouge (verb) - overcharge
Profiteer (verb) - make or seek to make an excessive or unfair profit

Not defending anything. Just stating facts. No need to be so defensive

..annoyed, miffed, peeved, considerably less than impressed, irritated, nettled, riled, displeased, irked, piqued, vexed ..but not defensive. :lol :1-1:

Wow....that look freaking amazing.

I'm trying to stay away from Hot Toys, but they keep coming out with some cool Iron man stuff.

This is a must have for me.

At first, it's between this one and the Battle Damage Mark VII for me but i missed the chance to snag the latter at a retail price. These days buying this at retail is close to impossible. But I know someone who'd sell loose parts so i'd kitbash it at what cost? Price of a retail! With that still lacking the Chitauri stand and the reveal head. Instead, I'd save up for a Midas, i guess... :gah:

Information i have directly from Sideshow is that the sale begins on the 2nd. It won't start shipping that day. It'll process and ship about 2 days afterwards.

Its says it on SSC.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-new/iron-man-mark-xxi-midas-figure-preview/

Iron Man Mark XXI – Midas Figure Preview
Hot Toys Iron Man Mark XXI – Midas Sixth Scale Figure will be available for Pre-Order on December 2nd, 2013 and will begin shipping beginning December 4th, 2013! Plus, be sure to enter our giveaway for a chance to win the newest Tony Stark Iron Man collectible for your shelves before it’s available for Pre-Order!

'Official' price in Asia $290.. 'official' price in Europe $580.. not sure why anyone would attempt to defend that differential.. gouging or profiteering, the definition is much of a muchness and yes, I think its unethical.. it will be interesting to see what the 'official' price in the US is, on Dec 2nd.

Gouge (verb) - overcharge
Profiteer (verb) - make or seek to make an excessive or unfair profit

Wow, who is selling instruct a high mark up?

So what's the most you guys would pay for this? People are guessing $300 but what if it comes in at say $400? They sell for approx $600 on eBay at the moment and Sideshow know that so it's not impossible for them to mark it up.

So what's the most you guys would pay for this? People are guessing $300 but what if it comes in at say $400? They sell for approx $600 on eBay at the moment and Sideshow know that so it's not impossible for them to mark it up.

im no higher than 294.99... but I hate even that price as it still comes with less than the mk 7 BD and is a re use of a mold... the smarter me wouldn't go more than $250.00. this release will once and for all prove that HT are money grabbing douchebags if its higher than $250, and it will be one of my last purchases, im officially getting priced out of this hobby

It will be between $250 to $300. Sideshow is not going to use eBay to figure out a price. If they did we would already be paying a LOT more for the popular things that they sell.

The BD VII would have been $700 because there was several eBay retailers advertising it for that price before it went up for PO.

How long did it take you to get that many points?

I have almost 2000. Will be over 2000 after my points from QS002 and Joker Premium format convert.
4 something years. I never used my points with the thought of blowing it all up one day on a desirable piece when I had no money. :gah:

Eventhough this isn't gold-plated I wouldn't get it for anything <$300! Not unless, it's die-cast! :D

"Die cast" is pot metal. Typically the cheapest, lowest quality metal you can get.

Plastic holds better and finer detail, and is more expensive than die cast. The greatest con ever pulled on collectors.

"Die cast" is pot metal. Typically the cheapest, lowest quality metal you can get.

Plastic holds better and finer detail, and is more expensive than die cast. The greatest con ever pulled on collectors.

and paint doesnt stick to it for crap

Didn't they say they wouldn't do anymore die cast? I think War Machine 2.0 and Iron Patriot will be the only ones.

Back