Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS

If Hot Toys repaint it in a couple more colors, will you keep buying them? Just a genuine question to understand what is attracting people to buy this.

Go check the ebay prices for the Mark VII battle damaged edition. Come back and tell me why you think people want to buy a limited edition Hot Toys Iron Man :slap

Go check the ebay prices for the Mark VII battle damaged edition. Come back and tell me why you think people want to buy a limited edition Hot Toys Iron Man :slap

Yeah I get that. I wasn't thinking about scalpers when I raised that question.

If Hot Toys repaint it in a couple more colors, will you keep buying them? Just a genuine question to understand what is attracting people to buy this.

I can only speak for myself. I love and buy every Marvel HT because I love the characters and can afford to. I love all the armors that were in the movies. But I actually like the variant paint jobs even more. Secret Project is my favorite HT. And Milk War Machine is up there too. I will get every armor they release because I think HT figures kick a$#.

I think the gold look of Midas is killer. Plus, even though it had no screen time, its an actual armor that was created for the movie. As much as I respect customizers, I have no ability to customize nor any interest to own custom figures. I kind of view variant painted armors, or varinat figures like Evil Superman similar to customs. But HT is the customizer. And they are WAYYYYYY cheaper.

You're saying you don't get it because it doesn't appeal to you. I again ask, do you think other collectors should feel the same way you do? Why is it hard for you to understand why this does appeal to others?

Last edited:

Have there been any con exclusives that SS hasn't been able to get? I can't remember any but then again I don't collect all the lines.

Have there been any con exclusives that SS hasn't been able to get? I can't remember any but then again I don't collect all the lines.

leslie cheung miss you is one that comes to mind. as far as iron man. only one i can think of is the mark VI avengers joint version with light up base, limited to 16 made.

I can only speak for myself. I love and buy every Marvel HT because I love the characters and can afford to. I love all the armors that were in the movies. But I actually like the variant paint jobs even more. Secret Project is my favorite HT. And Milk War Machine is up there too. I will get every armor they release because I think HT figures kick a$#.

I think the gold look of Midas is killer. Plus, even though it had no screen time, its an actual armor that was created for the movie.

You're saying you don't get it because it doesn't appeal to you. I again ask, do you think other collectors should feel the same way you do? Why is it hard for you to understand why this does appeal to others?

No they shouldn't. People collect for different reasons. I was trying to understand what they were after that's all.

^^Thanks, I'm not sure how that is but I can understand why SS couldn't get a LE of 16.

Wasn't there a Predator Asian exclusive a few years ago?

leslie cheung miss you is one that comes to mind. as far as iron man. only one i can think of is the mark VI avengers joint version with light up base, limited to 16 made.

More like SSC didn't want to get it. The Leslie cheung release didn't get a lot of praise if any.

No they shouldn't. People collect for different reasons. I was trying to understand what they were after that's all.

Ok. After reading a few other responses to your question, its sad to see that some seem to be more interested in this because of its possible value. If thats the info you were after, I understand. For me, after market value is almost meaningless to me. Its nice to know I could at least recoup my money if needed. But I don't sell or trade my HT. I still own every figure I've bought. From the $40 sideshow cheapies, to the mid leveled Medicom to the top shelf Hot Toys.

Personally, I don't buy them just for the color variants, I have to genuinely enjoy the product to buy and keep them. Like Secret Project, this figure in hand is absolutely bad ***! I feel this way about most HT IM releases.

But there are exceptions: bought and sold Whiplash b/c I didn't like the product and looking at it on my display annoyed me; passed on War Machine Milk b/c it didn't appeal to me at all; & still haven't PO War Machine 2.0 & Red Snapper PPS b/c I'm not crazy about either + their price tag.

Ok. After reading a few other responses to your question, its sad to see that some seem to be more interested in this because of its possible value. If thats the info you were after, I understand. For me, after market value is almost meaningless to me. Its nice to know I could at least recoup my money if needed. But I don't sell or trade my HT. I still own every figure I've bought. From the $40 sideshow cheapies, to the mid leveled Medicom to the top shelf Hot Toys.

That's good to know. I'm feel the same way. If I was thinking profit, I would jump on this without questions. But I have to like something to spend money on it. I do have to say that this looks way better than PI's gold edition.

That's good to know. I'm feel the same way. If I was thinking profit, I would jump on this without questions. But I have to like something to spend money on it. I do have to say that this looks way better than PI's gold edition.

I did find it curious that HT announced Midas only a few days after PI announced their Gold Edition Mark VII. Obviously, both have been in the works for a whiles. Weeks, months a year??? And I wanted the PI Gold until this was announced. And I still may try to get it if possible. But its a Singapore only exclusive, so I doubt I can get it at retail. The Gold edition looks good, but the different shades of gold pn Midas make it stand out a lot to me.

I did find it curious that HT announced Midas only a few days after PI announced their Gold Edition Mark VII. Obviously, both have been in the works for a whiles. Weeks, months a year??? And I wanted the PI Gold until this was announced. And I still may try to get it if possible. But its a Singapore only exclusive, so I doubt I can get it at retail. The Gold edition looks good, but the different shades of gold pn Midas make it stand out a lot to me.

I don't think they were in the works for a long time. All they had to do is paint the existing mark vii parts in different shades of gold. And also you can buy PI's figures through resellers like BBTS, they just can't sell directly to other countries.

I don't think they were in the works for a long time. All they had to do is paint the existing mark vii parts in different shades of gold. And also you can buy PI's figures through resellers like BBTS, they just can't sell directly to other countries.

BBTS and other retailers have some PI figures, but neither exclusive ( RAW or Gold editon ) Mark VII.

Same for me. As a huge fan of Iron Man and Iron Man in the MCU, collecting the armors has become a bit of an addiction (alright, full blown addiction). I really like the Hot Toys non-canon variants as well, even if they are "just repaints" to many.

The Special Version War Machine is one of my favorite figures, and both it and the Secret Project displays fantastically well next to the red and gold of the other marks. They're a bit different from the norm, add some variety to the shelf, and look absolutely the business with an attention to detail that I think is overlooked or dismissed because they are re-releases.

HTIMWMSV2_zpsd8da821d.jpg

Midas will be the same for me, and I really appreciate the different shades of gold and brass used on the suit. I know some people feel short changed because the time used to develop and produce Midas could've been spent on different figures from other lines, but there's nothing we can do to stop HT from cashing in on a hot selling line. Other than not buying the figures, but... Don't see that happening for the time being.

I just hope I can pre-order one from Sideshow before the scalpers wake up. :)

Back