Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS

Why do I have a feeling this will be released a month or so after the pre orders go up? There's already a box for it. It's like last year with the Rescue version of Captain America. He was up for pre order beginning of July and I already had him by the end of the month, or August at the very latest.

Why do I have a feeling this will be released a month or so after the pre orders go up? There's already a box for it. It's like last year with the Rescue version of Captain America. He was up for pre order beginning of July and I already had him by the end of the month, or August at the very latest.

Because convention exclusives are produced to be sold and made available to convention goers. They're on a different timetable versuses regular releases and are basically in full production before the product reveal, becoming available shortly after. :wink1:

Because thats always the case..

the label 'summer exclusive' gives hot toys until september 21 to be accurate.

Wow, Toys Legend have 6 sets available for preorder in HK on Aug 18, on first come basis.

And the Price.....$978USD and VIP...$939USD.

I got a bit excited for a second and thought they offer preorder for retail. Thanks but no thanks.

Wow, Toys Legend have 6 sets available for preorder in HK on Aug 18, on first come basis.

And the Price.....$978USD and VIP...$939USD.

I got a bit excited for a second and thought they offer preorder for retail. Thanks but no thanks.

Saw that too and hope that everyone's not that crazy.

i`m sure the price will drop as soon as the other con figures become available. Not to a reasonable Level thou -.-

I'm pretty sure Sideshow will carry this like all the other exclusive. Anyone have any idea which country they can't ship to?

I'm pretty sure Sideshow will carry this like all the other exclusive. Anyone have any idea which country they can't ship to?

sometimes they don't ship to australia. It depends on stock size and how much they allocate to certain countries

I was talking to a friend of mine in HK that can just walk into Toy Hunters and buy HT figures, and he asked them about the Midas.
It's just a con exclusive for the Taiwan show right now, with recipients chosen by lottery at the con(Hence the low numbers on Ebay and small amount of in hand images).
They have said it may yet see greater distribution both in HK and abroad.
It will likely be just like the BD MKVII.
So don't panic.
If it's *going* to be be released, they will have them in Toy Hunters just like the BD MKVII, and Sideshow eventually.
If it's *not* going to be released wider, just forget about it and move on, lol.
Unless you have a spare couple of grand burning a hole in your pooch.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't get the appeal on this figure. It's just a repainted version of mark vii. People go crazy when they see words like "limited" and "exclusive". They just want to buy one so they don't miss out. :dunno

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't get the appeal on this figure. It's just a repainted version of mark vii. People go crazy when they see words like "limited" and "exclusive". They just want to buy one so they don't miss out. :dunno

What don't you get?

Why do you think it shouldn't appeal to others just because it doesn't appeal to you?:dunno

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't get the appeal on this figure.

Here's a couple of reasons:

thats-gold-jerry.png

I-love-gold-goldmember.jpg

And the main reason:

images

Canada is in that list...like the BD Mark VII they ship to most of the world but not Canada or Australia.

:mad: Sideshow likes some of their customers better than others - and they don't hide it!:mad:

if they are limiting the amount produced, the collectivity is one reason. it will be highly sought after. also if you collect iron man figures like i do, that would be another great reason to get one. finally, gold is......well, gold. everyone wants some gold. :lecture

What don't you get?

Why do you think it shouldn't appeal to others just because it doesn't appeal to you?:dunno

If Hot Toys repaint it in a couple more colors, will you keep buying them? Just a genuine question to understand what is attracting people to buy this.

if they are limiting the amount produced, the collectivity is one reason. it will be highly sought after. also if you collect iron man figures like i do, that would be another great reason to get one. finally, gold is......well, gold. everyone wants some gold. :lecture

So you're after the rarity, fair enough. I do collect IM figures. Just not every single one they are planning to release :lol

Back