Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: update on my Mark XXI

long gone my McFarlane days so i salvaged the parts from Cortana's LED light-up stage

Thanks for dropping by! :)

Nice! I took an led strip and stuck it around the wall of the base inside and it worked really good as well, (in case you don't have those parts).

Re: update on my Mark XXI

Nice! I took an led strip and stuck it around the wall of the base inside and it worked really good as well, (in case you don't have those parts).

Thanks! I know it's either I can't be bothered to get those strips at our local electronics store or I've got a bunch of those stands from my Halo collection. But maybe, both i guess! LoLz! For screen-accuracy I would get a white LED strip but since only wanted to spice up this plain-looking stand so i just recycled Cortana's. If Hot Toys is making us pay premium prices on their collectibles, they certainly can't skimp on anything including these stands.

I've never seen Blue Tack in US stores, but I've never actively searched for it either. I have some, but bought it off of Ebay. I have seen a very similar product at a school supply store, and I'd be somewhat surprised if you couldn't find some either at Michaels or Home Depot / Lowes.

I've never seen Blue Tack in US stores, but I've never actively searched for it either. I have some, but bought it off of Ebay. I have seen a very similar product at a school supply store, and I'd be somewhat surprised if you couldn't find some either at Michaels or Home Depot / Lowes.

Check office depot (or a similar business) usually over by sticky notes

My Midas figure's right arm has been a little loose since I got it. SSC said they would issue a refund if I wanted but could not replace it. It does not hinder any posing; he can be posed any which way I want and the arm will stay in when posed. It is when I try to move the arm that it comes right out. I just pose it then stick it back in, adjust it more and then it stays no issues at all. Anyone have any recommendations on how to fix this so it doesnt pop out when moving it?

My Midas figure's right arm has been a little loose since I got it. SSC said they would issue a refund if I wanted but could not replace it. It does not hinder any posing; he can be posed any which way I want and the arm will stay in when posed. It is when I try to move the arm that it comes right out. I just pose it then stick it back in, adjust it more and then it stays no issues at all. Anyone have any recommendations on how to fix this so it doesnt pop out when moving it?

Have any pics..? are you sure youre popping it in all the way..?

Blu tac seems to be a very popular fix as of late :lol

if you could take a pic of the ball joint and the socket it would help

I am at work now but I will take some pics later on tonight.

I am not using any force at all; I just touch the arm to push it up slightly and it comes right out. There doesn't seem to be any defects with the ball joint and the socket and the left arm is tight and can be adjusted any way I please.

And I do take great care with these figures. When I get them I don't out them in any sort of extreme pose; even the new diecast WM. With all that new articulation, I took him out did a few basic poses with the arms, but that was it.

I am at work now but I will take some pics later on tonight.

I am not using any force at all; I just touch the arm to push it up slightly and it comes right out. There doesn't seem to be any defects with the ball joint and the socket and the left arm is tight and can be adjusted any way I please.

And I do take great care with these figures. When I get them I don't out them in any sort of extreme pose; even the new diecast WM. With all that new articulation, I took him out did a few basic poses with the arms, but that was it.

I believe you :lol

does anyone have a pic of the socket the arm fits into..? I just need to see how its constructed

I believe you :lol

does anyone have a pic of the socket the arm fits into..? I just need to see how its constructed

Its just a hole that the arm pops in and out of. You can see it pretty well if you look at the torso they're always selling of a Midas on Ebay, but it doesn't look any different than any other relase tbh.

Here are some pics. I have thought about blu tac but that will most likely hinder any movement of the arm so I do not that would be a plausible solution.

So see the arm will stay in that pose until I move it so its not really a huge issue, but it is driving me crazy knowing that the arm just pops right out at the smallest touch.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Here are some pics. I have thought about blu tac but that will most likely hinder any movement of the arm so I do not that would be a plausible solution.

So see the arm will stay in that pose until I move it so its not really a huge issue, but it is driving me crazy knowing that the arm just pops right out at the smallest touch.

View attachment 92719
View attachment 92718
View attachment 92720
View attachment 92721

As I suspected... the socket seem gap/ crack would suggest it wasn't screwed together all the way. (mk 4 and 6 were the same) that is your problem right there. What I did to my 6 (same situation) was dab some super glue into the socket and rub ti around the entire surface, this will ad a coating to it and help shrink the socket surface area ever so slightly. DO NO, I repeat DO BOT put the arm back on for at least and hour, personally Id wait 3 or three to ensure the glue is dried right through, if its still a bit loose do another light coat

Same issue, may try the glue but I'm kinda worried to. Definitely keep this in mind if it really bugs me down the road. Thanks LipSmack

No worries, its really simply, use a medium thickness glue and you'll be golden, just let it dry through.

edit: another Canadian :hi5:

Iron Man 3 was on last night, and I think I finally saw this MkXXI Midas.... I hadn't been looking before, but yesterday I think a gold armor caught my eye when all the armors arrive at the ghost ship

Iron Man 3 was on last night, and I think I finally saw this MkXXI Midas.... I hadn't been looking before, but yesterday I think a gold armor caught my eye when all the armors arrive at the ghost ship

that'd be him, I think there 2 separate scenes where you can just barely pick him out

Haha :yess: the one I saw is the cut right after when Heartbreaker and Gemini and some other suits fly to a stop, he stops next to a blue one that comes first I think. I would imagine he has a brief "fighting" appearance as well

Back