Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do love mine. It looks great. But it just won't stand right. I can get all my other armors to stand solidly without any help, and in good poses. Midas is somehow just a little off mk7 and looks bad in many poses I can get him to stand in. The ankles on mine are so annoyingly loose than they won't hold the weight slightly tipped forward or back. He just collapses. Falls over constantly. Surprised the paint hasn't gotten ****ed up yet.

My ankles are good but i use stands on all my figures because we get a couple decent earthquakes every year.

My Midas sold through the ebay global shipping program to a guy in Hong Kong. I'm a little leery of using the program, never done it before. Does anyone here have experience with it?

My ankles are good but i use stands on all my figures because we get a couple decent earthquakes every year.

Where's that? I'm in Los Angeles and it's only a matter of time before one comes along and destroys my collection. I am truly dreading it... makes me want to keep everything safe in boxes.

My Midas sold through the ebay global shipping program to a guy in Hong Kong. I'm a little leery of using the program, never done it before. Does anyone here have experience with it?

I've sold a surprising amount of stuff through the Global Shipping program, I have had no issues at all and it is crazy easy. Its probably a worse deal for the buyers than sellers, because all you have to do as a seller is ship it to ebay in Kentucky with a premade label and they do the rest as far as shipping and doing customs paperwork for the international part. They take the money for shipping and duties directly, so the seller doesn't have to figure out anything. I and lots of others had pretty much stopped selling internationally before this program because so many buyers balk at paying the import fees or they demand you lie on customs paperwork so they can avoid the fees and stuff gets sent back and various scams, it wasn't worth the hassle. With this they have to pay ebay those duties and any issues with the shipping are directed straight at ebay since they were in charge of it. Makes it harder for buyers to avoid fees and get cheap international shipping, but its a much tidier system all around and I've gotten more buyers because of it.

I've sold a surprising amount of stuff through the Global Shipping program, I have had no issues at all and it is crazy easy. Its probably a worse deal for the buyers than sellers, because all you have to do as a seller is ship it to ebay in Kentucky with a premade label and they do the rest as far as shipping and doing customs paperwork for the international part. They take the money for shipping and duties directly, so the seller doesn't have to figure out anything. I and lots of others had pretty much stopped selling internationally before this program because so many buyers balk at paying the import fees or they demand you lie on customs paperwork so they can avoid the fees and stuff gets sent back and various scams, it wasn't worth the hassle. With this they have to pay ebay those duties and any issues with the shipping are directed straight at ebay since they were in charge of it. Makes it harder for buyers to avoid fees and get cheap international shipping, but its a much tidier system all around and I've gotten more buyers because of it.

Thank you. I'd wondered what that was all about, very nice recap.

Thanks. I tried doing some research but only found a few threads on ebay with people complaining about it, but they were also nearly a year old. It's an expensive item to give it a go on, but I think I'll give it a shot.

I never use the global shipping program. I print all the paper work myself and I ship it directly to the buyer, they get it a lot faster that way.

Thanks. I tried doing some research but only found a few threads on ebay with people complaining about it, but they were also nearly a year old. It's an expensive item to give it a go on, but I think I'll give it a shot.

For something that expensive, I'd only consider shipping with the Global Program, otherwise I wouldn't sell internationally at all. Especially with expensive things people really freak out about import fees and refuse deliveries or claim damages, I speak from experience. With the program your responsibility ends when it arrives at ebay, they ship it with tracking and insurance and collect fees up front, any problems with delivery or damage on the international leg is not your responsibility. The buyer sees all the shipping charges and fees up front, customized to their location, so there's none of that "ooh never mind that's too expensive cancel my bid plz" nonsense after the auction ends.

For something that expensive, I'd only consider shipping with the Global Program, otherwise I wouldn't sell internationally at all. Especially with expensive things people really freak out about import fees and refuse deliveries or claim damages, I speak from experience. With the program your responsibility ends when it arrives at ebay, they ship it with tracking and insurance and collect fees up front, any problems with delivery or damage on the international leg is not your responsibility. The buyer sees all the shipping charges and fees up front, customized to their location, so there's none of that "ooh never mind that's too expensive cancel my bid plz" nonsense after the auction ends.

Hopefully that's how it works out. The only flaw I see is that buyers can still claim "item not as described" and that is still the seller's problem. Makes sense on the surface, but what's to stop a buyer from saying that when really it was a shipping or customs damage thing?

Either way, I put it in the mail last night. The guy had good feedback and had left some as well, so I'm hoping I don't get boned. I have another guy bidding on an old mac mini right now from italy through GSP and i'm kinda hoping he doesn't win.

update on my Mark XXI

long gone my McFarlane days so i salvaged the parts from Cortana's LED light-up stage

Thanks for dropping by! :)

Just got a waitlist convert on Midas too :lol I don't love him on his own, but I think he'll look good with Centurion, Heartbreaker, 'boost and all and I felt like I would end up kicking myself in a year when there's no retail price to be found. I know I am going to want the whole damn fleet :slap

Anyway, if you still want one at retail, jump on the waitlist!

I do love mine. It looks great. But it just won't stand right. I can get all my other armors to stand solidly without any help, and in good poses. Midas is somehow just a little off mk7 and looks bad in many poses I can get him to stand in. The ankles on mine are so annoyingly loose than they won't hold the weight slightly tipped forward or back. He just collapses. Falls over constantly. Surprised the paint hasn't gotten ****ed up yet.

They're barbell joints, just pull the foot off, yank the pegs out, put some blu-tac in the holes, reassemble everything and it'll be solid as a rock. My Mk IV also had loose ankles, this fixed it completely.

Nope - no grey areas. That's selling - that's not allowed.

Alright, so then we can't discuss our decisions to sell things or not. Or mention something that is going on in an ebay auction. Basically any mention of your desire not to own something anymore is not ok. Just want to be clear.

They're barbell joints, just pull the foot off, yank the pegs out, put some blu-tac in the holes, reassemble everything and it'll be solid as a rock. My Mk IV also had loose ankles, this fixed it completely.

Good to know, I'll give it a go. Now I just need to go buy whatever blu-tac is, which is probably called something different in America. Luckily I'm engaged to an Australian who can decipher your countries bogus terminology for me :)

Alright, so then we can't discuss our decisions to sell things or not. Or mention something that is going on in an ebay auction. Basically any mention of your desire not to own something anymore is not ok. Just want to be clear.

Any mention that your item is now available to be sold is not allowed. It is inviting messages about said item and thus circumventing the need to be premium.
If you see someone saying: "Oh gee, i really wish i could find a Midas at the right price..." feel free to PM them.
But the rules are that you can't solicit sales no matter how cleverly you word it.
Dave's house, his rules.
And if you pay for a premium membership and want to sell, you can have your own thread to do so.

Any mention that your item is now available to be sold is not allowed. It is inviting messages about said item and thus circumventing the need to be premium.
If you see someone saying: "Oh gee, i really wish i could find a Midas at the right price..." feel free to PM them.
But the rules are that you can't solicit sales no matter how cleverly you word it.
Dave's house, his rules.
And if you pay for a premium membership and want to sell, you can have your own thread to do so.

Yeah, I understand that and definitely understand how one can be tricky about it to circumvent, but it's a bummer because I have often used forums to get opinions when I am considering selling something, such as asking for people's advice on whether they think something will maintain, raise or lose value. These are posts I've made here and other places not for the purpose of selling something, but for the same conversational and curious reasons I post about anything else. Those posts inherently contain a desire or contemplation to sell something even if that isn't their main purpose, so I am now limited from engaging in those sorts of discussions.

Appreciate the kind words and cheers! Couldn't thank you enough! Because of you guys am inspired to explore and discover new stuff in this sixth-scale realm!

Thank you again!

Be safe, everyone!

Back